Veto a faction function.

Would this be possible to implement into the game?

I Havnt really been playing Multiplayer 1v1 recently because 50-70% of the games are against Necrons. I really find them boring to fight against so I just don't play any more. All of the other match ups I enjoy.

On top of the fact that I mostly play Chaos, and its a seemingly one sided matchup, even more so if I wanted to have some fun with hanger bays. Forget it. Press your starpulse button some more please. Yawn. Facepalm.

Community Manager

Hey @Nin6
Thanks for the suggestions, I've passed this on to the dev team. 🙂

Isn't it better to look at balancing here rather than adding a veto feature?

Imagine if someone keeps vetoing your favourite faction every time you want to play it? So no thanks, please don't add any veto-features.

last edited by Sybarite

I'd just like to veto Necrons, they mitigate any launch bay build, fire effects build. I mean sure, if you want to nerf starpulse then that could also work.

Problem is, if you nerf starpulse then Necrons become even weaker to factions like space marines and tyranids... So if you look at it like this then maybe a Veto function would be better.

Veto is not only about balance it is also about factions you don t want to play against. For exemple you can veto DE because you found boring to play against

@nin6 While i'm completely against a veto system, i can understand your frustration. Chaos VS Necrons is one of the worst matchups in the game for the chaos player. Pretty sure it's THE worst in the game.

Veto function would be terrible. Balancing will solve this issue.

Balancing cannot solve boring match ups based on so different playstyle it is not even a balance topic.
Full eldar stealth vs Orks? not based on balance but on running across all map
Orks vs Necrons or vs tyranids? Moral removal skills will seal the deal in a matter of seconds
Taus vs Necrons? Mass ordnance vs AOE ordnance removal? yeah better pass
You cannot balance those match ups without totally changing the way core skills or a complete faction is working so better allow a veto to avoid those terrible games and the frustration /time waste that comes with

@solaire

Not really a frustration with Necrons directly, its more the limitation they put on ship choice, not just for Chaos, but for any hanger oriented fleet, or a fleet like bio plasma for tyranids, its just makes the ships none viable. Especially when you pay a premium for hanger ships. Their basically just reduced to the top mounted turrets in terms of usefulness, which alone is completly negated by the regenerative hull from a Necron ship - therefor, hanger ships are useless in the current meta when Necrons are a possible match up.

@beernchips said in Veto a faction function.:

Balancing cannot solve boring match ups based on so different playstyle it is not even a balance topic.
Full eldar stealth vs Orks? not based on balance but on running across all map
Orks vs Necrons or vs tyranids? Moral removal skills will seal the deal in a matter of seconds
Taus vs Necrons? Mass ordnance vs AOE ordnance removal? yeah better pass
You cannot balance those match ups without totally changing the way core skills or a complete faction is working so better allow a veto to avoid those terrible games and the frustration /time waste that comes with

Don't forget that it also depends on what kind of objectives you play with. If you play domination then "running across map" won't get you far in terms of victory.

Yes but in terms of interest of game it is the same boring shit.
Either the Ork can t catch anything but the running stealth can t fight the Ork. In both situation, players would like to veto the opposing faction and not play this game.
Some players will veto to avoid bad match ups and play for win, others will veto boring match ups to have interesting games.
You can also not veto and play all games but having a veto can be healthy for the community and avoid frustration because you cannot balance all factions with such different playstyles to have interesting games every time

@beernchips i dont think we have the luxury to veto games with how long the search q is.... Best we get it out of our heads. Map vetos exist. But faction vetos.... tindalos would be the first to ever implement that and it wouldnt be a feature to be proud of.

last edited by CANNED_F3TUS

What is the difference between mapveto and faction veto? In both cases you remove something you don t want to play.
12 factions will never be balanced against all others unless they are all similar which is not the case in BFG.
Imagine SC2 with just a 4th faction like Eldar (fragile / fast / hit and run / small numbers)? Balance (not taking in account maps) woud be totally fucked without any hope

last edited by Beernchips

@beernchips The difference is that you are vetoing a damn faction. There are more people playing the faction than there are people who dont wanna play the map. Basic math really. Example We got 1000 players. 500 of em are necron players. You vetod the faction. You have just increased your search time by a huge chunk. Where Map vetos will have negligible impact on search times unless you there are only 2 or 3 maps to play on in the game Which is never the case because there are several maps to play on.

Balance will never be perfect in BFGA that i agree on. But why Create a safe space that will negativly impact Search times for players. Also Competetive Leagues are going to become available soon and these races will be represented and if Necron is on top of the ladder. Guess what you will never reach the top because you will never play these people.

last edited by CANNED_F3TUS

@CANNED_F3TUS

I'd be happy to wait longer to find an enjoyable game than 5 seconds to find a boring one against a Necron, I dont think they are OP, they have problems in other matchups. I'd just like to use ships that Necrons makes none viable. I'm forced to use the same fleet over if I want to rank up, because half my roster choice is not viable against specifically Necron. Got kinda bored and stopped playing 1v1. So started playing 2v2 more, but its quite unstable so yeah not playing so much any more.

@nin6 I hear ya on that. But i think we need to just wait and let devs approach the problem rather than just throw the towel and say they dont want to tackle the issue at all.

well, regarding star pulse, depending on the necrons fleet, you could just time one cannon fodder squadron for them to star pulse and then send the rest of the squadrons depending on how many hangars you have

@kilroywh78

At high epic / legendary good Necrons won’t starpulse cannon fodder units. They just shoot them down the conventional way. Besides one squad of fighters will do nothing. Doom sythes can shoot down every thing else like bombers and assault boats. So yeah this might work at lower ranks or lower experience. Relying on your opponent to make a mistake to make hangers viable.

If you do somehow get a squad of bombers or assault boats past his jump, mass recall , doom sythes and of course the starpulse delete you button then congratulations. You could also see them as none viable, like me. 🙂

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.