Hard mode vs casual mode

Sorry guys for my stupid question but I will start to play MudRunner next month. What are differences between hard and casual?
Alex

not a stupid question imo. nothing wrong with wanting a heads up. lol

this should give an idea. skip to about 5:50min for the good bits
Youtube Video

I always play hardcore and I wish the challenges allowed us to play in hardcore. I like more realism. There isn't a huge difference, but from what I remember in hardcore mode you have to load your own logs, front wheels get steered by the terrain, and diff lock if using automatic has to be turned off when not going slow, otherwise you'll get damage. Not sure why this applies only to automatics and only for toggle-able diff lock. I like that in manual mode I can use diff lock at any speed. It moderately reduces your turning ability, but it gives better traction.

A question about automatic or manual gear: Iā€™m using Nintendo switch so how does command works with pad? I mean what button or analogic I have to use. šŸ™‚

@8up-local thanks I will watch ASAP!

@masterzone Unless you have a manual shifter you'll be using the automatic mode. It's partially selectable (you can pick 1, 1+ or fully automatic gears) but the diff lock damage penalty will apply with any of them in hardcore mode.

@8up-local said in Hard mode vs casual mode:

not a stupid question imo. nothing wrong with wanting a heads up. lol

this should give an idea. skip to about 5:50min for the good bits
Youtube Video

Love your videos. Subscribed your channel on YouTube. Thanks!

šŸ¤” ehh.... not my channel. i do not do youtube or twitch. it was just a vid i found in another thread. lol

all good though if it has helped šŸ‘šŸ½

last edited by A Former User

@8up-local ooops, ok no problem, videos and mud runner playlist are good however šŸ˜…

Honestly I don't notice much between casual and hardcore. The games tells you of a bunch of differences but I only really notice the diff-lock that overheats. To me I don't really see the fuel difference all that much. A C-375 for example burns around 20-25 liters a minute in casual, and still burns 20-25 liters in hardcore. As for the mud dragging you in, I notice it rarely, and 90% of the time it's easily correctable. There has never been a time I've been in hardcore and thought "man this is so much harder then casual". It's still just as easy if you ask me.

I think in Mudrunner 2 they should do away with Log Stations all together. Have so in causal it's like how the game is now, load 2-4 logs and then you can pack a truck and move on. But in hardcore I think you should actually have to load the truck, before you can pack in.

I dunno, hardcore in Mudrunner just don't seem hardcore. It's like Casual 0.5 just a little more annoying as diff-lock is automatically applied when you go from auto to manually and can overheat if you don't monitor them.

I Mudrunner 2 I hope hardcore is, well, hard. Hell disable diff-lock entirely in hardcore leaving us with only open-diff AWD. It's a crazy concept I know, but a mode called hardcore should actually hard.

In Mudrunner 1 hardcore to me is just as easy as casual, that's a problem.

@justinlynch3 i admit hardcore usually kicks my butt. it always takes me a few tries. i am just no good at "game planning" when it comes to hardcore. there is a good amount of people who feel about the same as you do though. for some hardcore is not hard enough, but for people like me hardcore is really pushing it and there are still others who can not even deal with hardcore, so they stay casual. lol

getting a good balance can ba a hard thing to figure. although i would have to say if the majority of hardcore players want more, then give it to them. although it would also be nice if there was a third difficultly. say casual, hardcore and extreme maybe or something along those lines? šŸ¤”

@8up-local
Actually, I think that the third option should be "Optional"
A list of features with checkboxes (higher fuel consuption, no difflock on AT, no automatic loading,...)
That way anybody can set the game as he wish and no more complaints about "too casual" or "too hardcore" can appear.
BTW I see HC mode as "too weak" šŸ˜‰

@sodoma This is what I've always thought. The same with the changing wheels feature: if someone thinks that the chains on wheels, off-road wheels instead of road ones etc. makes game too easy for them, let them turn off the possibility of changing wheels (or simply do not change them lol). Why remove good game features?

@justinlynch3 said in Hard mode vs casual mode:

The games tells you of a bunch of differences but I only really notice the diff-lock that overheats. To me I don't really see the fuel difference all that much. A C-375 for example burns around 20-25 liters a minute in casual, and still burns 20-25 liters in hardcore. As for the mud dragging you in, I notice it rarely,

I don't remember the game telling me about those differences, only the ones I mentioned. I do agree hardcore could be more hardcore as we probably have discussed already in another thread. But I don't want artificial handicaps, like no diff lock on a truck that's supposed to have diff lock.

Hardcore isn't hard, but isn't easy. The wheel turning it's self downhill is annoying but I play with a racing wheels so, just hold it where you want and your good lol personally, I hate loading the truck manually mostly because the crane is always finicky to me. It feels stiff and twitchy to me. The fuel consumption thing, I have noticed it's a bit higher when out of the mud then when I'm in the mud lol

@kingnightshadow said in Hard mode vs casual mode:

Hardcore isn't hard, but isn't easy. The wheel turning it's self downhill is annoying but I play with a racing wheels so, just hold it where you want and your good lol personally, I hate loading the truck manually mostly because the crane is always finicky to me. It feels stiff and twitchy to me. The fuel consumption thing, I have noticed it's a bit higher when out of the mud then when I'm in the mud lol

Yea they could serve to smooth out the crane controls. I don't find it hard to load with a crane, but it is twitchy. The crane arm seems absolutely fine, but the grabber itself spins around to fast and should be slowed down.

It may help to adjust the crane controls so they are more intuitive. I have no problem with the crane and I could load an entire truck if I needed to.

Now as far as the differences between hardcore and casual, I had another look at what the game says about hardcore last night and there's no mention of increased fuel consumption. There's something about navigation being more restricted and highly damaged trucks suffering performance issues. The rest I already mentioned.

@unster said in Hard mode vs casual mode:

It may help to adjust the crane controls so they are more intuitive. I have no problem with the crane and I could load an entire truck if I needed to.

Now as far as the differences between hardcore and casual, I had another look at what the game says about hardcore last night and there's no mention of increased fuel consumption. There's something about navigation being more restricted and highly damaged trucks suffering performance issues. The rest I already mentioned.

That's true, been playing on Hardcore lately and I honestly forgot about it. But there is no red line in Hardcore when you mark the map. All marking the map in Hardcore does is put a red circle around the area you marked, I find it pretty much pointless and just navigate reading the map. lol

In Casual when you mark two checkpoints you'll be shown a red line to guide you to them.

So indeed a good point there about the navigation difference.