Hard mode vs casual mode

@justinlynch3 I too navigate just by reading the map, or later when I'm familiar with the map just by my own memory. Never used the highlighting feature.

@unster edit: will confirm the fuel does say there is a difference. i had to double check and i was correct on my first thought. it says it on the casual menu. "less fuel consumption than hardcore". πŸ€”

last edited by A Former User

@8up-local In the PC version? Not sure what you mean by the "casual menu". I looked at the description of hardcore mode when starting a new map. There was nothing about fuel consumption (only damaged trucks may consume more).

@8up-local I see. I was looking only at the hardcore page, since I'm always on hardcore. The two pages have some discrepancies. I didn't even know you could recover in unlocked garages, whatever that means. The fuel consumption thing could be referring to damaged trucks only (when they're in red).

last edited by Unster

recover to garage means just that, you can go to the map and click a button to spawn back at the nearest unlocked garage for a rescue if needed or want.

the rest is basicly saying the same thing as hardcore just differently or showing something not shown in hardcore menu. like achievements, a person can not unlock hardcore achievements in casual of course. lol

Sorry if I move this topic to another question but is the same argument.
What about the manual or automatic gear? I tried to play a little bit during online session but I must to start from tutorials because I don’t know the game right now.

If you click the right stick i noticed you can switch from manual to automatic and again to manual. But if you are on manual gear you have:

1+ (What is it 1+??)
R
A

But when you switch to automatic there are more numbers as 1,2,3,4,5 and the vehicle get more speed.
So I think is not a real manual gear but only a reduced gear for drive gently on some situations.
did I get it right?

last edited by masterzone

@masterzone you are correct, 1 and 1+ is like a low/hi gear. auto is obvious i figure. also, you can slip the shifter part way into the slot (shift gate) for gear 1 and reverse to have fixed throttle control if needed or wanted. some people (i do not) consider the shift gate as different gearing, note it will have little boxes next to it that will light up. so, low 1, 2 and 3. for the gear 1 shift gate, i hope it makes sense, if not it should once you start playing.

last edited by A Former User

@8up-local said in Hard mode vs casual mode:

@masterzone you are correct, 1 and 1+ is like a low/hi gear. auto is obvious i figure. also, you can slip the shifter part way into the slot (shift gate) for gear 1 and reverse to have fixed throttle control if needed or wanted. some consider the shift gate as different gearing, note it will have little boxes next to it that will light up. so, low 1, 2 and 3. for the gear 1 shift gate, i hope it makes sense, if not it should once you start playing.

Thank you. I need to start from scratch with MudRunner because I never played this kind of game, I hope I can understand MudRunner without never seen the previously game πŸ˜…

@masterzone All of that is what I called automatic. 1+ is basically an intermediate gear, something between 1st and top gear. The manual mode I was referring to earlier is something completely different and like I said you'd need a manual shifter. In that mode you can select any gear you want. And I must say that's a much better way to play this game.

@masterzone You should be fine without having played SpinTires. I was like that too. The only thing that initially tripped me up was the log loading. I thought you just load some logs and transport them to a lumber mill. I didn't know about packing the load.

@unster said in Hard mode vs casual mode:

@masterzone You should be fine without having played SpinTires. I was like that too. The only thing that initially tripped me up was the log loading. I thought you just load some logs and transport them to a lumber mill. I didn't know about packing the load.

I’m ready for that πŸ™‚ now I have to finish a game so I will play MudRunner deeply πŸ™‚

@unster said in Hard mode vs casual mode:

@masterzone All of that is what I called automatic. 1+ is basically an intermediate gear, something between 1st and top gear. The manual mode I was referring to earlier is something completely different and like I said you'd need a manual shifter. In that mode you can select any gear you want. And I must say that's a much better way to play this game.

So the manual gears and the automatic gears are basically different? Otherwise there should be five gears on manual. Right?

right, there are 4 ways to play control wise. wheel/shifter/pedal, controller, key board/mouse and hybrid. like say using the mouse with Force Accel as throttle control, while using a controller to steer and work the brakes. yes i have played like that before. a fella gets desperate when needing to find a work around for "features not working properly" * cough no brakes with force accel cough * lol

@masterzone The gears are the same (except for the 1+ gear which only applies to automatics) but in manual mode they are selectable. The thing that sucks about the automatic is that it always downshifts to 1st gear when it needs to downshift. With manual you have much better control.

last edited by Unster

@8up-local Maybe that's why you're always in casual mode. πŸ˜‰

@Unster i fail to see what you mean? the controls work the same for both casual and hardcore.

πŸ€” ...and yep, i am always in casual mode. please do not assume my friend πŸ™„

as for the no brakes with force accel (cruise control). it only affects the bigger trucks with KB users. yes i have a controller and use it for all my driving games, but for some reason this one is the only driving game i play with KB. just feels easy and comfortable to me. also i am the only person i have found so far to play with force accel on 90% of the time. if i am using the shifter for throttle control, then only makes sense to use force accel to me. no having to hold W all the time. lol

@8up-local It just sounded in your last post like you were having some difficulties, so I was saying maybe with a better setup you'd do better on hardcore. I have a full setup, i.e. wheel, pedals & shifter so I don't even know what "force acceleration" is. I'm guessing it's something for keyboard players only.

well FA is for and was made for key board users, it is what gives KB users throttle control. otherwise it would just be an on/off switch. before MR/"cruise control" there was force accel and i have been playing with it as my main control set up since the beginning. yes i am having issues with this situation, but that is another story. i mean i have had to change the way i play, but then again i shouldn't have to change because of a broken feature. till focus decides to at least give an answer to it then i shall just keep playing how i can. πŸ€”

@masterzone said in Hard mode vs casual mode:

Sorry if I move this topic to another question but is the same argument.
What about the manual or automatic gear? I tried to play a little bit during online session but I must to start from tutorials because I don’t know the game right now.

If you click the right stick i noticed you can switch from manual to automatic and again to manual. But if you are on manual gear you have:

1+ (What is it 1+??)
R
A

But when you switch to automatic there are more numbers as 1,2,3,4,5 and the vehicle get more speed.
So I think is not a real manual gear but only a reduced gear for drive gently on some situations.
did I get it right?

1 = Low Range.
1+ = High Range.

1 (low range) also has 3 notches, I call them 1-1, 1-2, and 1-3. Most of the time you are fine in 1-3 (3rd notch), but if you ever struggle in mud you can go into 1-2 or 1-1, these are super low gears that will limit your wheel spin.

So basically, there are 3 gears in 1st gear.

That means all together manual gives you 4 speeds + reverse.