Bulletproof glass...

So apparently every glass is bulletproof?
I mean I took my time at aiming at a bot's head (thankfully he had absolutely zero awareness) through glass (he was standing right behind it) and then there was 1 shot, nothing... 2 shot, glass breaks... 3rd shot kills the bot with the headshot.
What is this? Plywood doesn't stop a bullet, but glass does? What are we shooting, airsoft 6mm BB bullets?
Same goes for the car windows. I literally shot 50 rounds into the glass with the M249 and nothing happened. I don't remember having bullet proof windows as an optional extra for 90s toyota pickup trucks (or any).
Please get rid of it. I remember I was in PvP once took the technical, and since noone thought it'd be a good idea to mount the gun I decided to take it. I was getting constantly shot at for about 30 seconds, which gave me enough time to make a u turn, ram into someone hiding behind cover, miss him, back up, ram into him again, killing him, then backing up and then moving towards someone else. They kept hitting me, because I kept seeing the "bullet holes" in the window. This is rediculess. A car's engine can be disabled by 9mm pistols after a few shots, let alone army grade 5.56 or 7.62. Not to mention the tyres should be able to deflate after one shot, unless we're talking about the special James Bond Technical special, that has bulletproof tyres too.
Seriously please get rid of the bulletproof glass, because it's nonsense.
If we had an up armored HMMWV then, it'd be okay to have bulletproof windows, but that's it. Thin metal doors do NOT stop bullets. There's a reason LAPD puts ballistics panels in their doors for example.

TL;DR version:
Get rid of the bulletproof glasses, because no vehicle or building should have it in the first place.

They did bulletproof glass on the truck so it isn't useless but i get your point with the windows having to break in order to get the hit/kill

I support that proposal 100 % !
Glas ( anywhere ) in the game should break with one shot and it should let the projectiles through to hit the target behind it with the first shot ( and not on 3rd ) !

@gsg_9_lightning The glass on the truck should stay how it is, it would be compleatly useless otherwise

last edited by Zayzek

The truck ( caliber .50 mashine gun ) is totaly overpowered anyway ( endless ammo ! )
I would like to see it equipped with regular glass and having only 1000 Rounds of ammunition maximum !

Exactly, the reason people think the technical would be useless is because they can't use it.
Also if there were more open areas, it'd be disguisting how effective it could be.

Still you park that truck one 1 far side of the map, they won't be able to break through there. It's like you have a gunner in an MG nest constantly looking at one side, except this time, the gunner shoots .50 and has infinite ammo with no reload. The MG on the back will still be bulletproof.

@sgt-kanyo said in Bulletproof glass...:

Exactly, the reason people think the technical would be useless is because they can't use it.
Also if there were more open areas, it'd be disguisting how effective it could be.

Still you park that truck one 1 far side of the map, they won't be able to break through there. It's like you have a gunner in an MG nest constantly looking at one side, except this time, the gunner shoots .50 and has infinite ammo with no reload. The MG on the back will still be bulletproof.

It's also OP in Coop for the same reason. I feel like it's been ages since a bot actually fired a rocket launcher at a Technical.

The trucks had normal glass in alpha, it got changed because no one wanted to drive the trucks - it was completely suicidal.

@maa_bunny
True, i forgot that.
But the devs still should rethink of changing the glas resistance to projectiles of regular windows of buildings.
At this moment this is very frustrating to not being able to kill a target with one shot ( not even a shot from a Sniper rifle )

last edited by GSG_9_LIGHTNING

Glass should be penetrable with one shot - definately.

The truck needs an ammo limit, or at least 100 rnd boxes that need changing. I think i'd prefer an overall ammo limit. I've heard arguments against that for PvP matches, but in co-op there is no reason to have an unlimited supply of ammo

@marksmanmax You know what, im so tired of seeing you in every comment section complaining about how something should be more realistic. I once had a report that I got killed trough the roof by the appache helicopter and you just say WeLL iT woUlD be ReAliStiC beCauSE iN rEaLitY thE rOoF wOulD gEt diStRoyED.

Shut up man its not fun!
Your suggestions and comments piss me off so much!

How would you want to use a truck if someone can just shoot you in one hit?
You are just using the truck in the wrong way... how are we suposed to use it then? should we slowly drive with a coordinated squad of 5 in front to check for mines or ambushes?

@zayzek
Wait let me think of a correct reply... Yes.
You don't go fucking rambo and drive like Schumacher into the battle. If you place that MG nicely it'll be raping a whole flank, since it has such high caliber and has such good penetration.

Your argument could be used against you as well. Why not just jump in the technical, with a gunner drive around like a fucking lunatic while the gunner shoots infinite amount of ammo at players. Please tell me how much chance you have to hit that gunner without an RPG. Oh yeah, that'd be none.

@zayzek said in Bulletproof glass...:

You know what, I'm so tired of seeing you in every comment section complaining about how something should be more realistic.

That's kinda strange. I argue for what I think makes for a better Insurgency experience, not a better milsim one. Honestly, if you actually looked at more of my posts, I argue for and against realism depending on what I think fits Insurgency's model.

That being said, I've had quite a few realism debates recently because currently, in my opinion, Sandstorm is closer to Battlefield than Insurgency. Has to do with overall movement, gunplay, etc. It just doesn't feel like Ins2014 at all.

The only things that make Sandstorm somewhat Insurgency-related are the weapon firing sounds/animations/models, the Push game mode, weapon modding, and the dialogue (which is pretty crude lmao, like Insurgency's style).

The overall gunplay just doesn't feel like Insurgency-style gunplay. Most weapons in-game just don't feel like they pack a punch, even if they actually aren't that bad, and there's probably some technical things that contribute to that. The Techs /w unlimited ammo for the Dshk is closer to Battlefield than anything else.

I once had a report that I got killed through the roof by the Apache helicopter...

I mean, IMO it's fair if it was the rocket strike. The 30mm cannon would be broken as fuck, though, if it could pen buildings. Hell, it's almost OP as-is.

WeLL iT woUlD be ReAliStiC beCauSE iN rEaLitY thE rOoF wOulD gEt diStRoyED.

Good job trying to undermine what I say by trying to make me look immature. I never type like this.

Also, I've played Day of Infamy. I want fire support to have its place, but by no means at all do I want Fire Support in Sandstorm to be as ridiculously OP as DoI's.

Shut up man it's not fun!
Your suggestions and comments piss me off so much!

You're one of the few people, actually. Haven't pissed off that many, if any, people in this Forum before.

I'm not intentionally trying to stir up the pot, here. I'm posting my suggestions that I think would help the game overall. I haven't said anything that I think warrants that kind of reaction, so if you actually are that annoyed, then you might have an issue. Just being honest.

How would you want to use a truck if someone can just shoot you in one hit?

Quote when I actually said something similar to this. I'll wait.

You are just using the truck in the wrong way... how are we supposed to use it then?

In PvP, we use Techs on Push to get a solid flank on the enemy team within seconds of the match starting to help capture Alpha. The Dshk is useful for defending the truck from Demo classes with rocket launchers.

Of course, you could also use them as mobile turrets, since their wallbang ability (and their lack of currently needing to reload; you still have to stop firing or else it'll overheat) is unmatched. It's not too difficult to snipe the gunner, though, so you'd have to be careful.

should we slowly drive with a coordinated squad of 5 in front to check for mines or ambushes?

You should probably be watching the road for mines so you don't give someone the "Road Hazard" achievement.

last edited by MarksmanMax

@sgt-kanyo Yeah its not like anyone who has ears can hear the gun shoot over the entire map and throw some granades or even use the RPG or granade launcher, its so easy to take down a truck, if anything should be changed they should even buff the truck or add a more armored vehicle.

@marksmanmax You know its just weird seeing you here with your suggestions trying to make this game ultra realistic and immersive, if you want this kind of stuff why don't you play SQUAD?

@marksmanmax You know its just weird seeing you here with your suggestions trying to make this game ultra realistic and immersive, if you want this kind of stuff why don't you play SQUAD?

You know its just weird seeing you here with your suggestions trying to make this game arcade and crap, if you want this kind of stuff why don't you play COD / Battlefield / Far Cry 5 / World War 3 / Overwatch / Fortnite / PUBG ?
(I can go on, because the list is actually pretty fucking huge)

Squad honestly looks like a pretty amazing game to me and I'd love to play it if it had COOP against bots. But it's PvP only and using the microphone is pretty much a requirement, unless you wanna stop in the middle of a fight to type out whatever you want to type.

@Zayzek
I am following the Forum posts quiet a long time ( to be precise since the alpha ).
I NEVER had the impression that @MarksmanMax intention was to make the game ultra realistic.
We all are discussing here our thoughts and make suggestions to make the game better.
Better for me doesn´t automatically mean better for you , thats a fact.

We all are huge fans of Insurgency ( some already played the CS Mod, some entered the scene in Insurgency (2014) like me )
And anyone who liked the game followed to Insurgency:Sandstorm.

Our hopes are high that the game will become perfect one day.
Perfect NOT for the mass but for the enthusiasts like us, who really play very often and for very long time ( as there is nothing comparable to it on the game market right now).
But still each one of us has different preferences and therefore viewpoints. NWI´s job is to analyse the wishes and suggestions of the player core and make little changes here and there to please their customers. It´s all to NWI´s developers to decide what they want to change but they do definatly listen to the feedback on the forums.

And as an example : when 1000 people would like something changed they will probably listen to them ignoring the 10 who don´t want it changed.
But you know that yourself, i don´t need to expain more.

So calm down my friend and enjoy the game as it is. Something between a simulation like ARMA3 and arcadish Battlefield or COD.
There is no necessity to get personal and start a fight in the forum 😉

last edited by GSG_9_LIGHTNING

Nice argument. Don't even mention anything I talk about; just insult my ideas without any basis.

You're just trolling at this point. I'm not responding to you anymore unless you actually come up with an argument.

@gsg_9_lightning said in Bulletproof glass...:

I NEVER had the impression that @MarksmanMax intention was to make the game ultra realistic.

😃

Yeah it's not like anyone who has ears can hear the gun shoot over the entire map and throw some grenades or even use the RPG or grenade launcher...

Throw grenades? At a truck over the entire map?

I wouldn't trust a grenade launcher to do much, because it still requires at least two HE grenades, has a strange/weird firing arc, and is only usable by the Demolitions class (of course, there's a decent chance you'll kill the gunner with it). A rocket launcher would work, for sure, but again, only the Demolitions classes have access to them, and there's a max of 2 per team in PvP modes.

@sgt-kanyo ...if anything should be changed they should even buff the truck or add a more armored vehicle.

Insurgency focuses on Infantry combat in close-to-medium range engagements, with occasional long-range combat. APCs don't really fit Insurgency's style of gameplay.

Having more Techs or maybe even other armored vehicles for an Arcade mode might be neat, though.