Skalgrim Mod - released

The 0.9 version of my mod is here!

For more information, pics and changelog etc
https://www.moddb.com/mods/skalgrim-mod

Please tell me if you have any problems etc.

V.09. Main focus is still Imperial/Space Marines/ Mechanicus fleets and the Imperial Campaign. Minor fixes and tweaks.

Changelog:
(from v.08, Still working on the total changelog since its alot off work. Will aim to get it done for V.10 which will be a major update )

Imperial Changes:

Battleship Apocalypse:

Weapons have been changed from Medium Lance Batteries to Heavy Lance Batteries

The two Heavy Macro Turrets have been changed into three Lance Turrets

Decreased speed from 160 to 140

Increased point cost from 184 to 204

Battleship Retribution:

Battleship Emperor:

Titan Macragges Honour:

Decreased speed from 140 to 120

Increased point cost from 368 to 388

Weapon stat changes:

Light Macro Battery: decreased reload from 8 seconds to 7 seconds.
Medium Macro Battery: decreased reload from 12 seconds to 10 seconds. Increased damage from 18 to 20.
Heavy Macro Battery: decreased reload from 12 seconds to 11 seconds.

Imperial Campaign changes:

Decreased resource generation on several worlds.

Ork Changes:

Weapon stat changes:

Ork MegaZapKanon Artillery: Damage increase from 16 to 26. Reload increased from 16 to 18 seconds.
Ork MegaZapKanon Turret: Damage increase from 16 to 26. Reload increased from 16 to 18 seconds.
Ork WeirdboyMegaZapKanon Turret: Damage increase from 16 to 26. Reload increased from 16 to 18 seconds.

Necron Changes:

Necron ship turnrates increased by 20%

Weapon stat changes:

Necron Particle Whip decreased range from 18000 to 13500.

last edited by Skalgrim Fellaxe

Mod is AWESOME. I'll be playing this game for the next 10 years!

0_1552780798288_20190316195723_1.jpg image url)

Mod works great doing camp now ! thank you for releasing it ! made my weekend you rock ! excited to see how far this mod goes during the life of the game ! Def got my support!

Can you play the mod in coop campaign and with friends in multi battles?

@sybarite -NoEAC just disables the matchmaker, you can still invite friends with any mod that uses this method (as long as you both run the same mod setup).

last edited by CALiGeR_Reborn

@caliger_reborn said in Skalgrim Mod - released:

@sybarite -NoEAC just disables the matchmaker, you can still invite friends with any mod that uses this method (as long as you both run the same mod setup).

Awesome! Thank you!

Having great fun with the Mod, thanks for releasing it! Loving the new and improved Armagedons (though perhaps too good, think DPS-wise they beat Apocalypses at most ranges now).

Produced a variation on my DPS sheets for this mod, the mod provides some very satisfying changes.

I only have one main gripe... Regular Imp macros seem a little lackluster now considering the buffs to all the other batteries. Results in Dominators, Endeavours and Exorcists being a bit underwhelming in comparison.

Looking forward to seeing more 👍

@coheed1988 Apocalypses are pretty bad now, but Im intending on adressing that for the next version of the mod. I have some thoughts and plans for changes that could be very interesting if possible for me to implement. We will have to see. 🙂

As for the Imp macros (well ALL macros really) my plan is to increase reloadspeeds some, with a possible increase to crit for heavier macros and minor damage increase overall for macros. = They should be better for low-mid range engagements while plasma are better for mid-long and lances keep their place as long-range.

Exorcists should be kept out of harms way if possible and work better as a supportive role with airpower.

Thanks for the input!

@skalgrim-fellaxe You might want to go into the UnitSchema and give the Apocalypse another turret, to give it parity with other Imperial BBs.

@caliger_reborn I was planning on giving it a new set of weapons really. Altough which weapons is something I'll have to look into a bit more.

I continued playing my saved the Imperial campaign, what an absolute clusterfuck lol This is perfect, it now feels like I'm throwing the might of the Imperium against the endless hordes of Chaos.

MODs like yours and the Veritem Imperialis coming up are what will keep us playing this game for years to come.

Good job man, can't say it enough👍🏼 👍🏼 👍🏼 👍🏼 👍🏼 👍🏼 👍🏼 👍🏼 👍🏼 👍🏼

The mod looks good Fellaxe but I really would appreciate a changelog when you get the chance. I would like to know exactly what I'm getting especially when it promises pretty massive changes.

Best of luck otherwise!

I just LOVE this mod.

This is precisely what I wanted to see, so happy to see that the community as usual is there to fix the issues.

I would also like to make a request: could you please make a readme file in future versions in non-word format?
Not everyone has MS Word, and the viewer for the newer versions (like the one you used) is not available anymore. It is simply an inconvenience.

Edit:
Except, Desolator should have as much HP as other battleships. That's what it is, resillience of battleship with increased speed at the cost of firepower. It's not just an overgrown battlecruiser. It would be nice if you fixed it. Also Eldar, seem retardedly strong now, though it may just be my own view.

Edit 2:
Why THE HELL Emperor BS has 160 speed?!?! This is not making it better, it's breaking the overall balance.

last edited by Ahriman

@admiralatlas Yeah, the thing is I just started modding for myself way back with the first 7 versions of the mod. Then I did the 0.8 and made it public. But the amount of changes are just wast. There is a general description currently but thats it.

It will probably take me a few hours to go through all the files and compare them to the original. I intend to do a changelog for further changes for the upcoming versions. So maybe if I find the time I'll go back and to the same. Or atleast do it in parts and update it mod description as I go.

@ahriman Ah, yeah readmefile in a standard textversion - will do for next version. My bad. :p

Chaos: Havn't really done an indepth look at other forces than the Imperials so far. This is an ongoing project after all. So while I'v buffed chaos weapons, lances in particular, and done some minor changes to Cruisers, GC and BS, there is still much to be done there.

Eldar: Cant really say that I'v found eldar retardedly strong. I'v buffed some of their ships, and certain weapons, but I'v yet to loose a single game to them. I mean, if you play them correctly as the player they will obliterate most foes. But they could do that before as well. Is it anything special that comes to mind about them?

Speed: hmm, could be a simple oversight between modversions that I'v missed. Will have to look at the speeds of the BS to check it.

Just the raw amount of damage Eldar do seems somewhat... big.

I mean: one battleship down to 1/5 of its health after within like, a minute or maybe 2, of engagement with Aeldari and that is after the cruiser went down first

600 points in this new format, 4 Eldar cruisers maybe.

Call me allergic to pulsars (with said allergy originating from the early post-release of the first game, when pulsar runs reigned supreme) but that seems somewhat too much. As I said, might be just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.

last edited by Ahriman

@ahriman Nah they are very powerfull. But I wanted them to be more of a glass cannon. Their ships are a bit more expensive, have less armor and both crew and health, but do massive amounts of damage. A good counter is to have a few cheap ships in front of your larger ones to soak damage while you focus on their main-ships. The bigger they are, the more damage they do. Well, we will see if that will be changed or tweaked when I do the next weapons-update. You could also always out-gun them with Mechanicus fleets that have longer ranges while spamming novas etc. My favorite tactics is doing a phalanx push with the Space marines. Just get them in a wall and move it non-stop towards the eldar, since they will start falling back when you get close. Its like a stampede. Very fun to do against the pointy ears. 😉

Hm, where did you find the deployable max fleets for campaign?

Overall is nice, we are trying to get new ships added if possible.

@imperator yeah Im looking to add ships and variations aswell. Having to swap was just a quick-fix I originally did for myself before I thought about doing a proper public release, but shouldn't be needed really. If I still have to swap I'll use other ships in future versions. But I'll try to add them the right way instead. Im just waiting on the Necron release mostly before I start any major work as that update will lead to loooots of groundwork for me.

Max fleet sizes are found in the Renown_Design files for each of the campaign-related races.

I have noticed something about damage/crit chance.

Weapons in this game are normalized to crit chance in % = 1/4 of the projectile damage, with exception of lances where it is 1/2 instead of 1/4.

Your adjustments break this convention. On the other hand, if you fix crit chances it will get to the point of ridiculous.

My suggestion would be to keep the original reload times, adjust damage to dps you want, and then adjust the crit chances to the convention.

Edit: You may also consider reverting lances to their pre-patch crit valuses, as you buffed their damage.

last edited by Ahriman