Bi-pod, Bot, Prone and other suggestions

Firstly, Bi-pods... my lord.
A bi-pod should be able to be set on ANY sturdy surface and I mean STURDY surface. Placing a bi-pod on a hand rail seems very unstable to me, you could hook the legs and use the rail to support the gun. Wouldn't the legs slip off the rail after the first shot? Another thing, sometimes you have to aim down at the object you want to place it on which gets you killed because you no longer see what's in front of you. Another issue I have about the bi-pod is that they make it stationary. By stationary I mean that you only have a limited range of motion with it and I get that you can move your person to move the bi-pod but if you move too far you need to redeploy it. For Example, I place my M249 with bi-pod in the center of a window frame however I can't turn the fully available range the window provides, I can only turn about 80-90 degrees not the full, lets say 100 degrees available. And before you jump to thinking that 90 Degrees is the full view the window provides let me tell you, you are thinking of a corner where 2 walls meet, 90 degrees is a perfect corner not the full range of visibility of your eyes through the window. The Sniper rifles have much better range of mobility but still are forced to be stationary.

TL;DR: Bi-pods need to be allowed to be deployed on more surfaces, there are too many places that don't allow them to rest on. As well as a better ranger of motion with them.

Bots after the new update, more specifically on the truck's LMG.
I'm all for harder bots, and by that I mean more intelligent. This improved aim distance and reaction time crap is very annoying to say the least. I can't actually count how many times I've been sniped by the truck's LMG as soon as it turns the corner. I don't care that they are aimed in my direction, the reaction time is too fast, it takes time to register your surroundings when you turn a corner. I've had enemies jump onto the LMG which is aimed 90 degrees from my direction and the bot immediately shoots me in the face because they teleport onto the truck and swing 90 degrees in 0.50 seconds.

I've experienced this same reaction time with bots on foot, I'll be turning a corner and meet a bot and before I can even hipfire I'm dead. As well as the distance at which they have fantastic aim. When the enemy is half the height of the scope zoomed in with a 7x scope and I'm getting rained on with bullets then I think they can detect you from a little too far. I'm not saying they shouldn't be able to return fire in my direction with decent accuracy, I'm saying they shouldn't be the first to notice an enemy and start firing. I know we are talking about AI here, and it's never going to be perfect, but please do something about the aim hacks you gave them. (Ps. Thank you for taking away the laser-guided Molotov aim)

TL;DR: Bots should have slightly reduced reaction time and reduced... distance recognition? Not sure what to call it right now.

Prone improvements
I'm not a fan of the old prone system that Sandstorm is using. It's 2019 people. I'm not saying copy Ubisoft's Rainbow Six siege but learn from it. We need a better, more fluid prone than what we have. This current one is old and garbage. We need leaning in prone, laying on your back (crawling on your back should be slower because realism), rolling as a side sprint option (Double tap A or D not actual sprinting or long distance rolling) as a quick "Oh f**k I'm being shot at" move to get out of the way or behind cover. Yes I realize that your equipment would hinder this a bit. This would be a great improvement to the game and finally take away that horrible leg swinging rotating on a pin crap we can prone.

TL;DR: Make prone more human.

Possible added features
For being a military sim type game I'm surprised there isn't any feature that allows you to use doorways, trees, poles or any other stable vertical surface as a make shift bi-pod or stabilizer using your arm to hold the barrel against the object for additional support while firing. I see Trainers teaching this all the time at tactical training facilities. As well as the prone thing I mentioned above -hint hint- -wink wink-.

Finally, I would like to thank the Devs for making such an amazing game. I hope to see this game franchise become the most popular shooter ever.

Completely agreeing with every point. I'd still like to add some extra comments on the subject of buggy bipod deployment.

1. in most scenarios you can't swivel down the muzzle by more than 5-10 degrees at most. When I go prone on a hillside (like between B and C in Crossing, steep incline left from the big rocks looking towards the point), or lying prone on a staircase, it makes a gun completely useless against enemies coming up from below. You just can't aim enough downwards, even if you have ample space to do so, i.e. the surface below should not block your attempt. The game just prevents you to do perfectly normal things like this. Quite annoying bug, please fix it once and for all.
    1. The effective angle of rotation is liable to change, which is completely inappropriate. It happens when you start to move after deploying the weapon on a suitable object. The actual object of deployment, or its material constitution does not influence the occurence of the issue, it happens either by going prone or placing the bipod on a couch, table, curbstone, etc. (Btw why can't we place bipod only on selected sandbags and not all of them? Do you guys even play with your own game?) At the first time you deployed it, you start with approx. 90 degrees. It remains so, until you detach and relocate.
      After detaching/redeploying/moving, you lose that initial full range and end up having 45-50 degrees at most. I wonder why must I end up with decreased range of motion, when I clearly didn't/can't change anything on the rig in between?

The only way to regain the original full range is by going to crouch position and then back to prone. You may have to repeat it several times to get the full 90 degrees back. (All of the above assumes you have ample space behind and around you to move, and not crowded into a small niche of course). Needless to say: during fidgeting with this crapload of nuisance, you're effectively sitting ducks and almost becoming defenseless.

Update @ 27.04.2019: another impossible bug, which still occurs with bipods.

1. When an NPC appears right in front of you, almost point blank range, while you're prone, you just can't shoot when on bipod. The game prevents it most of the time. I try to shoot the legs, but this game just doesn't react to my input in this situation. You tell me where is the sense of realism in this.

Please fix all of these above as soon as you can.

last edited by kanneltaja72

@kvothe665 These are all good points. The AI recently has been especially infuriating because I seem to have the worst fucking luck in this game.

Might not hurt to tag it with "bug" because that's what most of these are. You can edit the OP and it's at the bottom left.

last edited by MarksmanMax

Hey @Kvothe665
Thank you for sharing this with us! I'll pass your suggestions on to the team!