Gameplay feedback (headglitch and mouse movements)

Hi,
Here is some feedback I didn't see on the forum yet. It is gameplay related.

1. Headglitch (being able to fire at an enemy that can only see your head) is possible in the current state of the game. I don't think it belongs in the game as it is not realistic at all and is quite frankly annoying. In PUBG for example, if your gun is pointing to the wall you'll shoot the wall. You need to make sure that the bullets fire from the gun and not from the player's camera.

2. About mouse movements: sometimes when we move the mouse, it's not the screen that turns but the gun (video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkltX6fxYSk). I understand that this might be on purpose but it's screwing muscle memory and feels very bad. I think this should be removed. The fact that the gun doesn't always point at the center of the screen is not a problem though.

Keep on the good work

last edited by Let's Go Pépèle

Getting killed by someone who is headglitching is annoying, but so is dying because your bullet hit your cover despite the fact that you were aiming above the cover. I'd rather the centerpoint of your aim/screen was lowered.

@cyoce @Let-s-Go-Pépèle I'm pretty sure bullets come from your camera if you're ADSing. Otherwise, the bullets come out of the gun itself. It's how Ins2014 worked, as well.

last edited by MarksmanMax

Also been discussed in the past with no changes by NWI until today. Sad but true.
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/32578/bullet-trajectory-barrel-alignment

Hey @Let-s-Go-Pépèle,

Thanks for pointing out these two issues. I'll forward them to the team.

Can you tell us what your sensitivities are set to (mouse. Windows and in-game)?

Thanks!

@marksmanmax Yes. That's how it is now, and I want it to stay that way. OP is suggesting that the bullets not come from the center of your camera, which would feel horrible.

@cyoce It's how you end up with the whole "accidentally mag dumping into a rock" scenario. Good for milsim games, but Insurgency isn't one of those lmao.

last edited by MarksmanMax

If i am understanding the OP right, he is suggesting to make the gun visible over the cover !
Something like that :
0_1553071684718_aiming-at-you.jpg

To summ up the discussion which was made before, in reality the line of sight/aim is never the same as the line of the weapon barrel, so the character has to stand up to over come that little distance.

0_1553071742305_shooting-wall.jpg

In ARMA3 for example you can change the stance in many little steps , but again ARMA3 is a simulation.
Insurgency.Sandstorm wants to be realistic in core elements but still keeps arcadish elements.
I know that NWI wants it to be different in comparison to all other games out there but to my opinion the opponents head AND his weapon should be completely visible behind the cover when he is able to shoot over the cover.

last edited by GSG_9_LIGHTNING

@gsg_9_lightning But how do you solve the problem for the shooter? Your solution would result in bullets not going where you aim them, which would feel like shit.

@cyoce
Well from the viewpoint of the shooter :
As long as there is cover ( wall / sandbags / etc. ) betweeen me and the opponent where i slightly can look over it
( it would be a kind of reconnaisance only ), i would have to stand up and shoot if its necessary.

Now you would bring the argument that shooting in upright/standing position is not as stable as when in crouched or prone position.
True, but i can live with that. At least the first rounds should hit the opponent deadly ( when i don´t miss him ) before the recoil lets my weapon rise.

last edited by GSG_9_LIGHTNING

@gsg_9_lightning You're just explaining what would happen if it was changed. Bullets still wouldn't be going where you aim. Why not just lower the camera a bit?

@let-s-go-pépèle said in Gameplay feedback (headglitch and mouse movements):

About mouse movements: sometimes when we move the mouse, it's not the screen that turns but the gun (video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkltX6fxYSk). I understand that this might be on purpose but it's screwing muscle memory and feels very bad. I think this should be removed. The fact that the gun doesn't always point at the center of the screen is not a problem though.

Oh shit, I didn't see this part.

There's already another Forum thread about this, but yeah, it's a big issue. Free-aim hipfire is fine at its core, but this sensitivity drop is terrible.