Reflected damage is hurting your game

I can't use commander when queuing in Sandstorm. I want to raise and add to my profile and level but using commander isn't an option as so many jerks stand in the chemical gas or fire or explosions or whatever on PURPOSE, laughing at me about it and causing me to die over and over and over and over (reflected damage) Trolls are loving it.....God, I hate trolls; I will never understand how a person can become so twisted and sick that they take gratification from others misery.

Please help!! I obviously can't report this as there really isn't any way for me to prove it I don't think...so what do I do? Do I give up on this cool feature.....are you going to allow us to queue with or without commanders and observers? 1) queue for original gameplay and another for Sandstorm gameplay? Maybe more of the trolls will leave us alone....and those that continue this in the queue meant for calling support they can get banned or temp banned or whatever you have planned.

EDIT - I would like to touch on a topic to clarify before it comes up. I am calling the support used so they know what shelters to take cover in. Location and support type. So I do say masks on if needed, stay away from said location watch for rockets...I am doing my part for team safety. But some people think its funny to run into the targeted area and sit there.

last edited by Max80

@Max80
Do you play PvP or Coop vs. Bots ?
I would suggest to play on custom servers as admins are guarding the players.
Trolls and people who don´t act to the rules of the custom server can be kicked without any problems.

@max80 That's what I was wondering.

If you really don't like a teammate, could you stand in their incendiary grenades or molotovs and literally kill them without doing anything?

@marksmanmax yup! people do it ALL the time!

EDIT - (referring to people walking through my incend. nades without giving a second thought to the fact that its killing me.)

last edited by Max80

@gsg_9_lightning I play in community servers. On Rebel and 312th. they are good communities but I want to level my profile....pad my stats....smile at my record. To do that I am forced to queue with random jerks.

last edited by Max80

@max80 I just realized you were one step away from creating a baller title for this Forum post. Something like saying how damage reflection is bouncing back and damaging the game itself or something lol.

@max80 said in Reflected damage is hurting your game:

@marksmanmax yup! people do it ALL the time!

See, that's just gay.

The reflection mechanic is a defect.

It simply needs to be removed.

@jballou - I just get so frustrated cuz I like calling in support with a group that sees the value in it. and its just cool to get some brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt!!!

of course we all get the "friendly fire" as a realistic feature to any game, i just dont see any benefit to friendly fire damage in this game whatsoever especially with all the troll activities like just walking through an incendiary etc kicking in the reflective damage or the hit and miss placements of commander call ins
. i could bang on about various team damage scenarios but seriously cant be bothered

JUST DISABLE FRIENDLY FIRE COMPLETELY! PROBLEM SOLVED ON ALL ASPECTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@b4ndo - I would rather not empower trolls more than they already are by caving into their behavior....that just isnt right. I would rather take a closer look at tracking behavior and finding a way to turn their sick behavior into their own worst enemy. besides...if we turned it off....the exploitation would be insane.

@max80

how would they exploit it? if there is no team damage whatsoever there isnt much they can do is there?.

@jballou - I just get so frustrated cuz I like calling in support with a group that sees the value in it. and its just cool to get some brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt!!!

indeed but the trouble is virtually every game round now is a big race to each cap, there are so many bots left behind that if you are unfortunate to be waiting for the re spawn your usually caught up in the rear group of terminators heh

its almost a different game when played with a full lobby of friends with a camaraderie atmosphere

@b4ndo said in Reflected damage is hurting your game:

indeed but the trouble is virtually every game round now is a big race to each cap, there are so many bots left behind that if you are unfortunate to be waiting for the respawn your usually caught up in the rear group of terminators heh

its almost a different game when played with a full lobby of friends with a camaraderie atmosphere

So true. I like immersion. In some situations its fun to let the person who has commander role to actually give set up commands and see how their strategy pans out for the group. This game has so much to offer if people would just slow down. NWI if you are reading this GET RID OF THE SCOREBOARD!!! Its got people racing to objectives and ............that's it.....Its all about numbers to them!! Not the guns you spent so much time working on, or the amazing detail of the maps. They want to get to points to get "points" to pad their ego in a TEAM oriented game. The scoreboard is killing it for me....

@b4ndo Garbage... If FF is removed this game will be completely dead to me. That may just be me but that’s how it is. The removal of such a feature in a game like this would make it so fucking lame it’s not even funny. Another reason damage reflection should go too then when the retards run into your incendiary or support they die not you. Their problem not yours they’re the retards that can’t grasp the simple concept to take time pay attention and be careful. Vote kick and auto kick after so many TK’s works it’s worked for all of time. I Just cant understand the people trying to make this call of duty core or battlefield non hardcore where there’s no sense of urgency or intensity when it comes to teammates because you can pump them full of lead with no repercussions... I hope for the sake of people like you they remove friendly fire then I can finally move on and let this game go for good. May even go back to INs Source but prolly not just too butt hurt after being sold on lies... Much love NWI God I hate you guys so much right now XD

@planetcanada
Comon buddy , you are exaggerating right now. Your words are too harsh.
Be patient and keep your fingers crossed that future patches will make the game better.

By the way, if you were in the position of NWI you also would try to please the mass ( younger generation of players ) instead of just a few hundered hardcore gamers with detailed ideas about how the successor of Insurgency has to be. Money money money ! Nothing else drives those people to bring out games.
The game still has a lot of problems, yes, but honestly i love this game as the COOP gameplay is really fun.
There are so many nice custom servers with high bot count settings, it´s very challenging.

last edited by GSG_9_LIGHTNING

@planetcanada

people like me? dont judge me by your standards i couldnt care less if ff is on or not as long as the fun gameplay is there like the 2000+ hours i had on ins2 ff or not

then tell me, in a chaotic game such as this and with all the complaints about reflective damage etc what actual purpose does friendly fire "on" as in shooting your team mates dead down to problematic airstrikes actually achieve in the game?

its because there is no infinite re-spawn or re-spawn tickets, if some arse teamkills you your dead until the next cap which would only fuel the rage of a teamkill especially intentional

we have complains on reflective damage
we have complaints on teamkills

like i said just turn it off then? even with 3 teamkills kick "in this game" is very easy to do especially in the commander role
so 1 genuine mistake gets you booted off the game. there is no make everyone happy solution is there really

@planetcanada said in Reflected damage is hurting your game:

@b4ndo Garbage... If FF is removed this game will be completely dead to me. That may just be me but that’s how it is. The removal of such a feature in a game like this would make it so fucking lame it’s not even funny.

i dont get what you mean here

you dont like reflective damage but your all for teamkills as without the ability to teamkill the game would be dead to you?

doesnt make sense

last edited by b4ndo

@b4ndo “of course we all get the "friendly fire" as a realistic feature to any game”

“JUST DISABLE FRIENDLY FIRE COMPLETELY! PROBLEM SOLVED ON ALL ASPECTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Your quotes not mine sooo... People like you fool! Your the one asking for friendly fire to be removed. Again people like you...

As I have said in many other threads and you clearly stated above it adds a very much realistic aspect to a game that was sold as “HIGHLY LETHAL” and “VERY REALISTIC” common man it’s easy... I’m the luckiest person alive I guess because these issues aren’t mine. I rarely get killed by teammates and even more rarely kill teammates but the possibility adds to the immersion, intensity, fucking goddamn realism. And ya you got booted for killing a few teammates with support too fuckin bad join another server? I would be fine with making tk’s via support not count towards this but regardless doesn’t matter...

Fuck as each day passes I realize how I’ve paid $40 to argue in forums lol... Oh well don’t worry keep asking for FF removal with these other child safety measures (reflective damage) in a game about war I might add and I’ll be but a whisper 😘. I too had many many hours in Insurgency and still didn’t have these issues and when I first heard about Insurgency Sandstorm I hadn’t been more excited for a video game in many many years. But I also had faith that they would keep Insurgency actually true to its original roots and that’s just not the case. I get they want to make money by appealing to a new crowd who god forbid might get “bullied” on the internet 🤭 from time to time but fuck me shit is just sad. Hey the fuckin way she goes I just keep being pushed further and further away... Just a sad fool who was sold on some lies... 🤷♂

#VIPLIVESMATTER#MARKET#OCCUPY#MAKEINSURGENCYGREATAGAIN

mate your verbal diarrhoea and constant use of swearing doesn't impress me hence me not bothering to read the crap you just posted...fool

i said it as a suggestion to all the complaining about reflective and teamkilling in general YOU INCLUDED, not as a request if you read my post properly
if you want realism i suggest you join up and do a stretch like i did or get out more, your attitude is laughable because at a guess your not a "kid" either

now take a breather and have a cuppa theres a good lad

@b4ndo Lol cuppa? Sorry I don’t speak stupid! Appreciate your time though!

@b4ndo Also not at any one time was I intending to impress you... Fool! Hugs and kisses.