[Petition To Remove Damage Reflection]

yo devs... 26 up votes and 2.1k views. Maybe this is hinting towards something?????????????????

Hey everyone!

First off, thanks for continuing to give us your feedback regarding the game. This thread has been passed on to the team.

@Benny

The 3 TK learning system will give trolls quite the lesson if you are the type of person who always hits back. Most trolls are alone for natural reasons. That means they often face the whole team when fooling around, meaning everyone on the team can kill the troll 2 times without getting kicked. They don't get much playtime if you avenge your brothers.

@chaton About time a mod finally responded lol. This thread's been up since March.

@CatNipples said in [Petition To Remove Damage Reflection]:

yo devs... 26 up votes and 2.1k views. Maybe this is hinting towards something?????????????????

lmao my thoughts exactly

^^ What they all said!!! Do it! Do it!

The best decision instead of damage reflection is to give killed teammates chance to choose:

1. Kill teamkiller
  2. Forgive him.
  3. Make him pass 1 wave (if somebody killed many players they will make him to pass many waves).

Upvote me please if you agree.
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/30563/punishment-for-team-killers

@Sulfur

I agree on number 2 and 3, but strongly disagree on number 1. The reason I disagree on no1 is because it is not always the fault of player performing the tk. If someone jumps in front of you while you are shooting a machine gun against an enemy is one example.

If you throw a frag against an enemy position while being easy to read, and a team member rush the area of effect and dies is another example.

Even tk'ers needs a safety net against "headless chickens" and "hotheads" if you get my drift.

Just give us Versus Hardcore!

I support this petition.
The amount of times some moron just blunders into my line of fire (I'm using tracer rounds if at all possible so its not like they couldn't see the rounds coming from my gun on their way to a hopefully soon to be ragdoll) because they are way to eager to try and get all the kills, and I end up essentially getting punished for their stupidity and impatience. I usually take great care to keep friendly fire to a minimum. But when you set down your LMG or whatever you weapon of choice is, and you are actively near non-stop firing until the gun goes click, and while doing that someone moves up from behind you and boldly steps right into your line of tracer fire, sorry that's their fault, I shouldn't be punished for clearing the current alive player pool of idiots.

last edited by Ferro

@Ferro

I would not get annoyed at new players for doing such a thing though, because I would just write a reply in the text by saying: Sr, line-o-fire, and the new player would probably understand I had no bad intention.

With the reflection damage its even more difficult for new players to learn that bullets are dangerous no mattet who shots, and learns to play tactically together with their team WITH that in mind.

@Pacalis said in [Petition To Remove Damage Reflection]:

@Ferro

I would not get annoyed at new players for doing such a thing though, because I would just write a reply in the text by saying: Sr, line-o-fire, and the new player would probably understand I had no bad intention.

With the reflection damage its even more difficult for new players to learn that bullets are dangerous no mattet who shots, and learns to play tactically together with their team WITH that in mind.

While I would agree with your statement, the people that often do this are ranked 30+ by the XP system. obviously not new players. and yes I do message them with a "Sorry, but your walked right into my line of fire, so sorry/not sorry."
Most of them have the attitude of "well you should have stopped shooting then." like I'd let them just try and claim the kill with them body blocking me.
I've died a few too many times due to people being in the way, and me having to hold fire because of it. (always be mindful of what is between me and the target, and beyond)

And I have teamkilled quite a few people just because they wouldn't stay away from the stream of tracers I let out, and incidents like this seem to be piling up, team damage the reflection becomes worse and worse. Now a days, if I shoot someone in the foot with a makarov once, I get 5 damage reflections messages. enough to turn the corners of my screen red.

last edited by Ferro

@Ferro

I guess if you keep on blocking your team from advancing by making bullet streams all the time it would be pretty handy to make you tk yourself by being tk punished by the damage reflection tk bs, but what do I know=D

@Ferro

but what do I know=D

very little apparently, me blocking my team on a map like summit or outskirts?

@Ferro

You feel like I am attacking you now? In general that could be a case were ppl actually would jump in front of someone with a legitimate reason - I am not accusing you=)

@Ferro

You feel like I am attacking you now?

Ok I'm confused here. I'm not native to English so I have no idea what is considered an attack while having a discussion.

In any event: to my recollection, we've never played together on a server before. Yet you state as if fact: "If you keep blocking your team from advancing by making bullet streams all the time". So I'm asking you how I could be blocking my team with my line of active fire, on a map like summit or outskirts.

last edited by Ferro

@Ferro

Written text can be misunderstood easily be us all even if we were both native English speakers, so that happens mate.

I have not played with you and did not mean it against you as a person.

It would not be stated as a fact because the sentence started with "if" - This would show its not stated as a fact but a possible scenario in general.

The sentence was also ended with " but what do I know=D " and a smiley - This would further underline that it is not personal but a general situation that can happen - Exactly because I do not know you.

Hope this clears it up=)

@Pacalis Right. I don't believe just adding a smiley will change how people read stuff. it sure doesn't for me at least.

anyone hear anything from NWI? right now Insurgency standstorm is just not fun to play.

last edited by Ferro

@banani2804 said in [Petition To Remove Damage Reflection]:

And we need Votekick again! It worked in Ins:2 for years!

Fuck yur VOTE KICK!! Lamest feature to date

It's officially been over two years since I originally posted this and damage reflection is still in this game. Just thought I'd mention that I got the most popular Forum Post on this topic two years ago and it was passed to the devs according to Chaton and nothing's happened since then.