Fatal Error in Prologue at (seemingly) random points

The game crashes during the prologue with a UE4 Fatal error.

Since there is no option to save in the prologue (at least not in the first two missions?) i can't finish the prologue.

I attached the crash log and the dxdiag output as a zip file.

0_1553808617029_CrashReport.zip

got the same issue but i got past the prologue finally however i can't get into any battles after that and always get fatal error or the game not responding at all and crashing.
the computer's specs are above the recommended in most parts or on the same level.
gonna attach the crash file and dxdiag aswell.
0_1553909310411_Crashes.zip

Just bought this. Same here. I dont know where to find all the fancy stuff the guy above me attached, but the error is always this:

LowLevelFatalError
[File:C:\UE4.18\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private/Windows/WindowsAsyncIO.
h] [Line:153]
FWindowsReadRequest GetOverlappedResult failed code = 17!

Just as an update: The hotfix patch from yesterday (1st april) did not fix this issue.

Hey @GFL
Sorry to hear about that. This issue has been passed on to the dev team.

In the meantime, if you'd like to skip the prologue to access the campaign, you can follow these steps:

• Close Battlefleet Gothic 2
  • On your computer, go to : C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\BattlefleetGothic2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor
  • AppData is a hidden folder, you have to check "Hidden items" in the view panel of Windows file explorer
  • Open the Game.ini file inside WindowsNoEditor using the notepad.
  • Find the line : bHasPlayedPrologue=False
  • Change False → True so that you now have : bHasPlayedPrologue=True
  • Save the file.
  • Launch Battlefleet Gothic 2, you should now have access to the campaigns.

Hope that helps!

Thank you Jellyfoosh. I will give it a try soon.

Thanks, @Jellyfoosh

i followed those steps and so far did not experience any crashes in the imperium campaign. (Fingers crossed 😃 )

Can you let us know, if and when we can expect a fix for this? I would still like to complete the prologue.

Hey @gfl

Unfortunately I can't give you an estimate right now, but I can assure you the team is aware of it, and when it's fixed it will be clearly stated in the log. 🙂