The Truth Behind Spintires

well, oovee finally has made a statement. nothing new really, just basicly confirming what most people already thought. 😐

The Truth Behind Spintires

last edited by A Former User

They announced this statement some 2 months ago, putting it like it would be information and bring new revelations about the drama that happened close to 3 years ago now. Now they released a short 7 point QA, where you don't get any new information realistically.

One thing is for sure, after all these years following this BS, the only thing that Oovee reliably deliver are empty promises...

I’m following MudRunner from few weeks and I surfed web searching news about what happened.
It’s very difficult to know what really happens because there are NDA and restrictions for developers and publishers.
The only I can’t believe that Oovee will develope Spintires new releases because is strange to publish two similar games based on the same engine.
I see more probabilities about MudRunner2 that a Spintires2.

So in the all new original Spitires will be dynamic weather implemented. πŸ™‚

IΒ΄m interested which new features bring Focus to Mudrunner. At the moment ST is 1:0 in the lead.

its kinda sad that they are still blaming others and cant see their own mistakes. maybe instead of that they work on thsi god damned game they claim to found and created, and try to finish it or at least try to prove to community that after all these false promises they are still worthy... and talking about pavel is this and pavel is that and we made him millionaire and all this crap thats no one wants to hear about. all we want is stable dev with vision for game and will to provide such updates for community that paid for theyr fucking game. do i really have to make acc to post this shit to their face? i bet they woudnt even see it at the end of the day we all know them.......

still acting like children after all this years 0 lessons learned. i mean i wish them well im not different to anyone here. i want to see original spintires move forward cause im fan of this concept but when? WHEN? ffs just stop talking and do ur god damned job!

last edited by zamal

@alpscruiser just saw this myself a min ago. will be interesting to see.

@masterzone MR2 is going to happen. ST2 is possible, but "will they" is the question. i feel right now oovee is just needing to get back on good terms with its customers/community and so far they seem to be on the right track. however they could still do a better job then what they have done so far. i have friends who are diehard fans of both games, but in the end, competition is going to be good for both imo. then again as i have said before, who knows though a 3rd party could come out of the blue with something to blow them both out of the mud (πŸ˜„ yes pun intended lol). the future for this type of game genre will be interesting to see unfold.

well, i have a soft spot for both games and i do get the whole "two sides of the fence, which side are you on?" thing, but damn the biased opinions from the diehards on both sides i have been seeing when looking around the different sites is pretty damn strong. i think those people on both sides need to look into a mirror, things have not been prefect on either side of the fence imo. πŸ€”

@8up-local I think the game with the most options will be the winner, so in this case MR2 because I believe it will be 64 bit and oovee wont update ST to 64 bit, it will cost them too much money. And implementing all these promised big things to a 32 bit wont work because remember we got issues with only playing multiplayer?? That's what I think. But hey, like I said, I don't care about the title, I care about the possibilities and features a game has right from the start without the help of any modder.

looks as though those who kickstarted with $100 or more are getting the beta of the new update. πŸ€”

although the link given in the facebook post only leads to the ST forum main page and no "how to" for the kickstarters that i can see so far.

EDIT: i forgot the kickstarters have their own section that regular members do not have access to.

@8up-local
I really Looking for some screenshots of the beta Testers now. Hopefully the tracks on the ground are also back.

I see an evidence of evolution on MD instead of ST. The Nintendo Switch porting is a overwhelming evidence of the continuous development. ST seems to be slowed and there aren't news about.

@alpscruiser what do you mean with the tracks on the grond, those were there since the beginning of mudrunner? Because all my mods have custom tire tracks. Or were you talking about spintires?πŸ€” Because I cant remember how it was back than.

last edited by wrangmog

@wrangmog yes spintires. tire tracks used to be in the game, but then they took them out for some reason.

lol, back then? it was only a few years ago really. :smiling_face_with_open_mouth_closed_eyes:

@8up-local well, 1.5 years feels like a long time xD.

@wrangmog probably closer to 3 years since they took track out of the original if memory serves me correctly. πŸ€”

@8up-local that long? wow, haven't really noticed it ever before mudrunner. They didn't take out the standard tracks, did they??

ST 2016 update.

all tire tracks were removed from vehicles.

taken today, just drove out of the garage area and notice no tire tracks what so ever. yes you still leave ruts in the mud, but no tracks on hardpack.
alt text

i believe it was the 2016 major update that broke tire tracks or were "taken out" if you want, but this pic was taken quite some time before that. notice the tire tracks behind the truck in this one?
alt text

Today we got this on the facebook Group of spintires, It looks more like a new texture pack so far and added the draconus weather mod
and of course russians get it first (i bet its getting leaked in less than a day, it happens all the time with them)
alt text
alt text
alt text
alt text
alt text
alt text
alt text

@forces what the fuck, they infused original game with mudrunner color palette πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

last edited by zamal

looks like they just dropped a new public beta for testing and feedback.

ST 10.04.19m beta

Changelog (v10.04.19m)