Optics not working

When I start a map, my optics aren't on my gun, and the sights don't work either.

The gun just kind of floats over the player's hands, and even aimed fire is a guessing game.

At a random point in the map, my optics pop into existence and it works as usual.

It would be great if this didn't happen.

@jballou
Have you tried to switch to secondary weapon and back to the primary again ?
In the few cases i had problems with the scope ( showing black optics ) it always helped.
Give it a try !

Yep. And tried dropping the gun, resupplying, switching sights, nothing works.

@jballou
I think it would help the developers to sort things out and bugfix if you published your PC specs ( may be in the signature area ? )
Some graphic and sound problems may accour on special hardware only but there are a thousand possible hardware combinations, so it is always helpfull to give them the necessary information.
Thats why gamedeveloping for consoles is much easier ( just one single hardware set and that´s it )
0_1554375689398_581320_20190404122218_1_compressed.jpg
This is a bug that i was experiencing a few times in the past in coop games on regular servers.
Using the 2xKobra optics on my SVD and also switching weapons doesn´t always help. Sometimes it does but then after a few seconds it´s back again.

last edited by GSG_9_LIGHTNING

Hello @jballou,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. What are your video settings? If you can upload your DxDiag file here, it'll be really useful!

@GSG_9_LIGHTNING Thank you for the explaination!

@chaton said in Optics not working:

Hello @jballou,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. What are your video settings? If you can upload your DxDiag file here, it'll be really useful!

@GSG_9_LIGHTNING Thank you for the explaination!

While i don't have access to the packages, and am not an NWI dev, my understanding of Unreal Engine spanning 17 years including a major intro to UE4 is that the spawning of any given [Weapon, hands, scopes, attachments, and loadout gear like nades, flashes, etc.] have some camera and trigger flaws.

Most importantly for many users including myself, the hands, weapons, and gadgets like grenades are not spawning. this could be linked to the BluePrints or Code that was working for most users, but not for some. now it is more widely spread, so the big-fix is flawed.

The Level Load/Player Spawn Pawn and bracketed items Actor Event Triggers Need to be Active, and Camera Alignment Nodes or Code-lines with all of the bracketed assets corrected, else they will cease to be displayed, and some displayed but with errors.

I believe that the current optimization technique of spawning hands, weapons and attachments is noble but broken. i would Suggest BluePrints to handle the spawning and Camera Alignments, as they are more consistent, and do not have much overhead tax.

last edited by Reason3D

Still a problem, although it now also gives me a cool circle that completely blocks what I'm shooting at. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1709160802