Competitive Season 1 has started!

0_1554457173482_bfg2.jpg

Greetings Admirals,

It’s been a bit more than two months since the release of the game and we’ve released our third major content update two weeks ago. This was a first milestone in our post-launch support and we’re excited to announce today that Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 will host a brand new competitive season system!

The official multiplayer leagues (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Adamantium, Epic, Legendary) will go through seasons of several weeks. Leaderboards will be reset at the start of each season.

All players will get exclusive portraits and achievements depending on their rank at the end of a season. Here is a sneak peek at some of the rewards:

0_1554457400484_1.jpg
0_1554457411342_2.jpg

For our first season, the champion at the top of the Legendary league leaderboard will be rewarded an exclusive prize: a weekend to Warhammer Fest with all expenses paid!

Warhammer Fest is Games Workshop’s biggest event of the year and is simply the ultimate Warhammer experience. An annual gathering of like-minded fans celebrating their passion for Games Workshop’s creations. The event takes place May 11-12, 2019.

You can find the complete rules and details here. The first season just started and ends on Wednesday April 24th 12:00 PM CET. The Terms & Conditions of the Warhammer Fest reward are also available.

Please continue to share your suggestions - we carefully read our Steam community hub and official forum. You can also join our Discord to meet fellow players and get the latest news from the team: https://discord.gg/fqpAG2D

Admirals, prepare for battle as Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2’s first competitive season starts now!

last edited by chaton

You know, this could have made me to come back to play(only as Navy though, playing as Chaos is too much of a hard mode already), but only portraits and achivements as a reward in a very fast duying game? If only it would be at least a chance of some cool ship skins or ship effects(different auras, shots color, etc), then hey, why not do some grinding just to show off how my pixels are cooler than yours? Or if the main reward wouls be a replay system, then we all would have grinded like crazy x)

Although the main prize is pretty cool, not gonna lie, just not something I presonally want.

last edited by Zeblasky

@zeblasky said in Competitive Season 1 has started!:

You know, this could have made me to come back to play(only as Navy though, playing as Chaos is too much of a hard mode already), but only portraits and achivements as a reward in a very fast duying game? If only it would be at least a chance of some cool ship skins or ship effects(different auras, shots color, etc), then hey, why not do some grinding just to show off how my pixels are cooler than yours? Or if the main reward wouls be a replay system, then we all would have grinded like crazy x)

Although the main prize is pretty cool, not gonna lie, just not something I presonally want.

Funny, I'm completely against too large of rewards. Some of us couldn't give a flying [fornication] about multiplayer. If I knew content was being locked to a competitive multiplayer mode I'd be livid.

I think this is a really neat idea really. But yeah, having the replay system sometime soon would really be awesome. This update is definitely encouraging me to try more competitive multiplayer!

the game could still use more game modes though, that and the bfg armada 1 PVE skirmish, with rank progression and such

Only unique portraits? I would like a unique skin for ships, it would be more significant

@yabatman said in Competitive Season 1 has started!:

Only unique portraits? I would like a unique skin for ships, it would be more significant

You want them to make multiplayer-only unlocks go from something that only affects multiplayer to things both singleplayers and multiplayers would benefit from? Because man, I couldn't hate that idea any more if I tried.

first, let me say that I love the idea of the competitive season, it's a great idea as the game is well suited to it and it helps keep the mp community going.

But it strikes me as mind-boggling that there is still no replay system as this goes in hand in hand with any competitive scene in gaming, can anyone name me a game that has a thriving competitive scene without replays and people casting them because I can't think of one. A replay system would not only give a good area for finding and discussing new strats and getting invested in the game but also allow content creators to bring in new players. I have seen multiple content creators drop this game over time with a few i know fairly well such as Janet on occasion, who had videos going over 150k views and actually really enjoyed the game however without a replay system making content was to time consuming/ exhausting with mp matches needing to be casted as he was playing them which considering with any RTS finding a match worthwhile can take all night you can see the issue when other games are just easier to do. This will also bring more players to mp as I always notice after a content players put out a vid that gets a bunch of views the player base spikes and mp desperately needs that atm as the player base is small.

Absolutely love this game and think the dev team have done an overall stellar job but a few things like this need to be added to complete the game. But to show what a good relationship between devs and content creators is like take a look at total Warhammer they are having a live comp today and currently have 3.5k watching and have brought in the top content creators to cast and entertain, i would love to see something similar with BFG but the relationship just is not there to make that work.
link to post:https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/37287/competive-season-1-but-no-replays

last edited by Sn1percat

When Chaos ceases to be trash tier i might bother with the seasons :DDDD

10 Attempts - all failed. There is no Fun playing Vs Mode against experienced Players. Therefore this Event is Senseless to me. Because I cant win I will not Level Up, and that means, I will not receive any Reward. I'm wasting my Time. I dont feel well with that Event. That's why I will not support Others any more by delivering to them easy Victories.

AND: I dislike the Idea to add Steam Achievements for a Time Limited Event. This and with the failed design of the event - you have promoted to the same Rank as Neocore with their failed Events at "Inquisitor Martyr". Your new rank is: Traitor to the Players

Taking away the Fun from a Game is always the wrong Direction. Think about this - next Time.