Am I the only one who would love to see cripple shots?

I added some mods for this in Ins 2014, and Daimyo took it to the limit with the Sernix server, but I have never really liked the way that disabling players and/or medics changed the gameplay.

I personally felt like it eliminated the tension of "one shot and you're gone", so it helped foster gameplay that took unnecessary risks and degraded the tactical gameplay.

As far as realism, I put that aside for video games when the game mechanics would suffer, and I don't like any mechanic that takes away player control in a way that locks them into a position or degrades their mobility, without being balanced out.

Without a healing mechanic, that would make mercy killing teammates for a respawn wave the only way to heal them, so I'm not a fan of adding this in.

That said, it should be a mod option so that servers that want it can do so, the popularity of the Ins 2014 medic plugin shows that a lot of players do want that mechanic in play.

@max80 said in Am I the only one who would love to see cripple shots?:

@reason3d - We currently have a lot of effects hampering our ability to fight through suppression and concussion effects and fire. The farthest I would say take it is if its an arm shot, pistol only at that point. Whereas for leg shots give a slight hobble or limp also adding that sprint is disabled, and walk speed is all you get with the limp.

EDIT - You guys need to stop and think at how often this is going to happen. A simple feature like having your primary drop from an arm shot got real annoying real fast in insurgency source. I imagine this will not appeal to most. BUT the ability to have it in workshop would be GOLD.

It could like this: One leg hit, you just can walk, both legs hit, you crumble to the ground, stay prone, can shoot but will die in 2 minutes if not heal. The idea is to have more capabilities to create unique situations, as in Sandstorm TTK is very low, this kind of thing will occur rarely but when occur they could create a unique situations to solve. Things that can rarely happen but when occur create a impact in players minds would be good. I.S. could have more details to create such situations. May be some rarely catastrophic situations too.

@shadoware - rng'ing the chance for it to happen....I could get behind that.