While I'm aware that it seems everyone knows about this bug and this is a duplicate post, it frustratingly has not been addressed even after it being reported many times, so I'm making this post to try to help the devs understand the issue. I think it's one of the more unfortunate bugs in the game, because it trivializes discovering Ork flagships that use any of the 3 Kannon admiral skills.
100% Repro steps:
- Play against a human opponent in any multiplayer mode (ranked or skirmish).
- Have them select Ork of any sub-faction (although the bug is the most obvious when you play with the Blood Axe sub-faction and select the "Kommando Training" upgrade.)
- Start the match and ready up, but don't move any ships.
- Ask for or simply look for the position of your opponent's flagship.
- Notice that you can see any of the 3 different Kannon skills floating in space:
i. Nova Kannon Shot
ii. Shokk-Attack Mega Kannon
iii. Traktor Kannon Shot
Here is a video detailing the aspects of this bug that I made with the help of my friend ShadowHunter: