Worst prone ever...

This game by far has the worst prone mechanic I have ever seen in my entire life. It’s a complete joke. I sneak right onto the cap point and lay down which in this game is a terrible mistake my god it’s brutal (so never prone unless in the middle of a street or field?). I’m looking left and right covering both doors (took me a full minute to position myself to be able to aim at both) and I literally move an inch and now a guy enters to my left and I literally get stopped from aiming on him by maybe a foot (he being a foot to my left and I can’t move my sight any farther to the left because magic)... All because my legs have spun into an object behind me? Ffs worst prone ever so stupid guys common it really shouldn’t be this difficult...

@planetcanada said in Worst prone ever...:

This game by far has the worst prone mechanic I have ever seen in my entire life.

I'm guessing you haven't been a gamer for a very long time then? There are dozens of other games with identical prone systems, many very popular ... and most are from the 90s.

Yah, this game needs a better prone system badly.

@maa_bunny Played shooters all my life this ones the worst. No other game has infuriated me as many times because of prone issues as much as this game... Could be just me but doesn’t really matter because I stand by my claim. Played lots of Insurgency Source didn’t have this issue at least nowhere near as much...

@planetcanada For me I think it's most infuriating because there are so many shooters out now that do it so much better. Prone didn't bother me much in the original Ghost Recon or Operation Flashpoint at the time, but 20 years later gameplay mechanics have moved on.

Ubisoft seems to have this figured out. Prone is fantastic in R6: Siege and Wildlands.

@maa_bunny I can definitely concur with R6 and Wildlands I don’t really remember prone in Ghost Recon or Operation Flashpoint. Played lots of both. Operation Flashpoint was by far one of my favourite single player games of all time but I think the reason for me not really remembering prone in those games was because despite being prone very often I had little difficulties doing so and most of the time it was in a field or some sort of relatively open area. As far as CQ prone R6 has to have some of the best laying around 😂.

@gsg_9_lightning yeah, the laughing says it all. Situation is painfully relatable, planetcanada, but don't expect a bugfix from these individuals ever.

last edited by kanneltaja72

The biggest sad thing about the prone stance is the planking and i hope i doesn't stay forever like back in Insurgency...

Annoying as hell when you are sneaking and all the enemy sees is you damn floating legs, the rest from my end i can't really complain.

last edited by PushOrGetOut

It's annoying, but realistic. Try lying prone with a firearm and making those moves. Sometimes it is better to crouch if you can't cover everything you need.

@mlb7 said in Worst prone ever...:

It's annoying, but realistic. Try lying prone with a firearm and making those moves. Sometimes it is better to crouch if you can't cover everything you need.

No, prone in Ins: Sandstorm is miles away from being realistic !

Instant swiveling is not realistic.

Actually, the bad thing about prone is how you can see someone prone looking one direction and they shoot you without ever moving.

last edited by MLB7