Zoom lod distance

I think the picture speaks for itself:
alt text
I mean what is that abomination?
When zooming in, the world needs to adjust, so that you don't see a huge mess.

Same goes for the laser pointer. The laser point in broad daylight is shining like a spotlight at night. The dot needs to be significantly smaller and not visible at this range.

last edited by Sgt.Kanyo

I agree I use "Very high" textures with "Picture in picture" scope at 1440p and even using a 4x scope will show some pretty ugly textures.

Same here. Looks fecking dreadful.

I have textures on Very high with scope set to "picture-in-picture".

last edited by Congas

try using TAA, it looks uglier lol

TAA :

0_1554996006705_20190411171914_1.jpg

0_1554996048939_20190411171313_1.jpg

SMAA T2x :

0_1554996144751_20190411171844_1.jpg

0_1554996163440_20190411171323_1.jpg

Texture at Very High setting

last edited by bandungpojok

I'm sorry what does the textures have anything to do with this? Look at the car model. It's a low poly LOD mesh. Or should I say mess.

its both mesh and texture, but the game combines both of them on 'texture settings'

@bandungpojok said in Zoom lod distance:

its both mesh and texture, but the game combines both of them on 'texture settings'

I have everything on very high except for shadows which is on high.
Anisotropic filtering on 16x. Scope setting on normal not picture in picture. And that won't change a thing.

@sgt-kanyo said in Zoom lod distance:

Anisotropic filtering on 16x. Scope setting on normal not picture in picture. And that won't change a thing.

Interesting settings !
Aren´t you one of those who are wondering why the game feels stuttery/sluggish and gameplay has only low FPS !?
If i used your settings on my PC my game would only run 40 - 50 FPS maximum which is an absolute no go.
That would feel like i was moving in a viscous world.

80 frames per second are the targeted minimum, but you cannot tell me you reach that with your settings !? Do you ?

@gsg_9_lightning said in Zoom lod distance:

@sgt-kanyo said in Zoom lod distance:

Interesting settings !
Aren´t you one of those who are wondering why the game feels stuttery/sluggish and gameplay has only low FPS !?
If i used your settings on my PC my game would only run 40 - 50 FPS maximum which is an absolute no go.
That would feel like i was moving in a viscous world.

80 frames per second are the targeted minimum, but you cannot tell me you reach that with your settings !? Do you ?

I never complained about the FPS. I probably don't have a constant 60 fps, but as long as I'm getting 40, I'm good.
Also you do realise, that movies play at 24 fps right? In video games 30 fps is already constantly moving, but your eye perceive it a bit slower which indeed in an FPS game is kind of important, but going over 60 fps, noone in the world can tell the difference between 60 fps and 600 fps, so ... yeah.
alt text

Anyway back to the thread, I shared my settings so that people know, that ugly as car model is not because I'm using some low settings, it's because that's what the game looks like. It's clearly a bug and it should not look like that. It's not just the car, it's the buildings too. They use a much lower quality LOD model that should only be seen from a distance.

Me too, Im also on all very high settings except shadows, and some tweak on the advanced settings + 16x aniostropic filtering. I think the devs purposefully make it look ugly for 'optimization' reason

Is there some sort of engine.ini setting we can change to alter the detail level of the scoped image?

EDIT: Yes it seems there is!

I added this to the end of my engine.ini file and now it looks better when I zoom in with no loss of detail. No more play-doh polygons!

[/script/engine.renderersettings]
r.BloomQuality=0
r.Color.Mid=0.45
r.PostProcessAAQuality=5
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=1.8
r.DepthOfField.FarBlur=0
r.HLOD.DistanceOverride=20000

Additionally, when I start a new game, if I change my "EFFECTS" video setting to LOW, click apply, then back to HIGH, and apply, I get a good a 20% frame rate increase.

last edited by Congas