Mudrunner 2

Wester Star 4964

Wester Star 4964

In the background you can see some huge wheels like the one from the 8x8 Forwarder of MR1

last edited by Eversman

yeah, but that wheel may just be for looks. you know parts sitting around the garage. guess we shall see. lol

Beautiful truck, though!

Guys, so far we've only seen american vehicles and locations. Could it be that Mudrunner 2 will stay apart from the Russian environment and trucks?

@deathcoreboy1 hope not man Russian trucks and locations are heart and soul of franchise i doubt they would do something liek that. they know 70/80% of community is into Russian stuff more than US.

@zamal Dunno bro, remember they are staying away from original Spintires. Maybe they want to do something original. I personally love Russian style but I'm not closed to see what they do if they go purely american. After all, Spintires seems to be back on track and probably will be a Spintires 2 soon featuring purely russian stuff.

Looking at it, probably they'll do that. Each studio will go their own way. Mudrunner introduced us to "american wilds" and will become an american based game while spintires will remain russian based. Anyways, these are just guesses but makes sense, right?

@zamal @Alpscruiser @Lombra @8up-local @8x8 How would you feel about having a huuuuuge sandbox map with lots of stuff there and an enterprise cargo/jobs based gameplay? like, many little towns, villages and probably one or two cities. There you will find cargo delivery companies that will offer this kind of jobs. Workshops that will offer jobs like going and rescue some stuck in mud vehicle. Fuel pumps to where you'll have to haul tankers and all that stuff. A money system to buy more trucks and adons which will open the possibility to do more kind of jobs or facilitate yours. Possibilities are endless. Then you could buy your garage and so on...

@deathcoreboy1 Not too crazy about the idea of towns and villages, but other than that it could be interesting.

@lombra Towns and villages would give the map variety and a purpose so that the "jobs" make sense. they would also give infrastructure to have a base and so on. Other that that, you will have roads and trails between them. Mud, lakes, farms, sawmills, log kiosk with muddy access etc... oh man! it's making my imagination fly!

@deathcoreboy1 while not exactly the same, you mean basicly an off road version of the ETS2/ATS Truck Simulators? economy based gameplay? meh, i would pass on that myself. already own truck sim. i have always liked being able to just jump into a map and play it. which is why i am just going to wait and see where they plan on going with MR2.

now the big sandbox part (aka big maps) i would take. as well as multiple jobs to maybe choose from.

@8up-local Oh, that's sad tho. Only jumping to the game to do whatever makes me boring. I guess it's a matter of personal prefference. Anyways, like ETS/ATS you could just ignore the jobs and play around as you which. An option to start the game in "Sandbox Mode" with different spawn places to choose from and no jobs activated would fit your needs.

@deathcoreboy1 said in Mudrunner 2:

@zamal @Alpscruiser @Lombra @8up-local @8x8 How would you feel about having a huuuuuge sandbox map with lots of stuff there and an enterprise cargo/jobs based gameplay? like, many little towns, villages and probably one or two cities. There you will find cargo delivery companies that will offer this kind of jobs. Workshops that will offer jobs like going and rescue some stuck in mud vehicle. Fuel pumps to where you'll have to haul tankers and all that stuff. A money system to buy more trucks and adons which will open the possibility to do more kind of jobs or facilitate yours. Possibilities are endless. Then you could buy your garage and so on...

sounds cool but can they pull it off? also it will require live traffic and pedestrians, wildlife.. wer getting into gtaesc level project, can devs pull of this i dont know + i like my sandbox mudrunner just add more objectives all things wev asked for years

last edited by zamal

@zamal Yeah, it's a big ambition, but SCS made it while still being a pretty small studio and then enhanced it over time releasing more and more content. I think they can do it.

Also +1 on traffic, pedestriand and wild life. Thanks for feeding my hamster lol.

last edited by deathcoreboy1

Spintires and Mudrunner turning into 2 different series? I'd personally rather keep them together, whatever am I going to do in these games without my trusty C-255? lol Jokes aside it'd be interesting to see, but I dunno about having to buy 2 games every year (assuming the game goes yearly like other series). It also looks like production has been ramped up, so I can't see Mudrunner 2 being another $30 game. It'll probably be $60 ($80CAD) this time sadly.

I do like the idea of having to go to the map to do different things. I don't really watch cable TV anymore, I only ever turn it on Monday and Tuesday nights for WWE Wrestling. But why I did watch cable a lot I loved shows like Ice Road Truckers. The idea of having to go different places around the map to do different thing and get different types of loads kinda sounds like a concept from that show.

@deathcoreboy1 said in Mudrunner 2:

That right there, is an amazing idea.
I sincerely hope someone from Focus sees your comment!
You should be their lead game designer!

@zamal said in Mudrunner 2:

sounds cool but can they pull it off? also it will require live traffic and pedestrians, wildlife.. wer getting into gtaesc level project, can devs pull of this i dont know + i like my sandbox mudrunner just add more objectives all things wev asked for years

Yes, that would be great!
The MudRunner and Spintires games made me think, though...

What I noticed about the games, is that all the buildings aren't lit up at night.
The wooden huts have barricaded windows. The laundry is always hanging on the clotheline. You can't see a human soul, aside from yourself, inside the truck.
Although I really didn't want it to be true, I figured that the whole environment is a post-radiation world, and you're playing as a madman fled from an asylum, pointlessly driving trucks and delivering logs to no one at all.
It's all pretty scary, if you ask me.

@8x8 lmao This game concept has my mind going in circles around it all day long. In my mind it's all set up and it's amazing. Giving the game a purpose but keeping it endless and upgradeable like SCS has done is a win-win concept, both for developers and players. Let us hope @Raibi or somebody finds it interesting.
Anyways, thanks for your thoughts on this.

@deathcoreboy1 Remember though that many of us have made a variety of suggestions and yours especially is quite ambitious. My understanding is that MR2 is quite far along already in the dev cycle and large changes are unlikely at this point. Personally I also prefer being able to jump in and do missions (with a purpose of course) but large campaigns / career modes aren't really my thing either.

@kingnightshadow Very old article. Was posted multiple times on forums.