Mudrunner 2

@grandy oh lol I just found it so I shared lol

@8x8 said in Mudrunner 2:

@deathcoreboy1 said in Mudrunner 2:

@zamal @Alpscruiser @Lombra @8up-local @8x8 How would you feel about having a huuuuuge sandbox map with lots of stuff there and an enterprise cargo/jobs based gameplay? like, many little towns, villages and probably one or two cities. There you will find cargo delivery companies that will offer this kind of jobs. Workshops that will offer jobs like going and rescue some stuck in mud vehicle. Fuel pumps to where you'll have to haul tankers and all that stuff. A money system to buy more trucks and adons which will open the possibility to do more kind of jobs or facilitate yours. Possibilities are endless. Then you could buy your garage and so on...

That right there, is an amazing idea.
I sincerely hope someone from Focus sees your comment!
You should be their lead game designer!

@zamal said in Mudrunner 2:

sounds cool but can they pull it off? also it will require live traffic and pedestrians, wildlife.. wer getting into gtaesc level project, can devs pull of this i dont know + i like my sandbox mudrunner just add more objectives all things wev asked for years

Yes, that would be great!
The MudRunner and Spintires games made me think, though...

What I noticed about the games, is that all the buildings aren't lit up at night.
The wooden huts have barricaded windows. The laundry is always hanging on the clotheline. You can't see a human soul, aside from yourself, inside the truck.
Although I really didn't want it to be true, I figured that the whole environment is a post-radiation world, and you're playing as a madman fled from an asylum, pointlessly driving trucks and delivering logs to no one at all.
It's all pretty scary, if you ask me.

Called it.

@8x8 said in Mudrunner 2:

Although I really didn't want it to be true, I figured that the whole environment is a post-radiation world, and you're playing as a madman fled from an asylum, pointlessly driving trucks and delivering logs to no one at all.
It's all pretty scary, if you ask me.

:smiling_face_with_open_mouth_smiling_eyes: I guess that's one way to look at it. I don't over-think this kind of stuff in a game, because it's just a game and the real reason ST/MR doesn't have AI traffic and all those other details is that it would cost a lot of time to implement. I always thought of the setting as a place in the middle of nowhere which is why I don't see other people / trucks, and haven't given it more thought. 🙂