Opinion on mudrunner 2

Who else is with me in hoping they don't ruin mr2 by making it a job simulator. You want that shinny new truck? BETTER START GRINDING!!! Honestly that would kill the game completely for me. I play mudrunner to forget about work. I don't wanna get home from work to play a work simulator πŸ˜•

I thought about this, too. The current design is nice in that you can just jump right into the action without having to think about progression or consequences outside of the map you're playing. I also think it would be cool to really have your own truck, so hopefully we can have both game modes, and maybe even combine the two.

Personally, I think that even if they introduce some "jobs" to the game mechanics, they are going to keep the option to just jump in the map without having to do anything and having everything unlocked.

i really hope thats not the case.

I mean I like the idea of having garage and upgrades, and yes logically if your doing that you want some kind of progression system or everybody will just automatically use the best gear all the time.

However as long as you can just jump into the map and play it with the default trucks, it should be cool. This series is not competitive it's co-op, if you join a online game for example and someone has a upgraded truck and you don't, it doesn't matter as your all working towards the same goal regardless.

As long as they keep it co-op and don't have it to where lets say it's first come first serve to play certain jobs, then it should all be cool.

last edited by justinlynch3

@kingnightshadow said in Opinion on mudrunner 2:

Who else is with me in hoping they don't ruin mr2 by making it a job simulator. You want that shinny new truck? BETTER START GRINDING!!! Honestly that would kill the game completely for me. I play mudrunner to forget about work. I don't wanna get home from work to play a work simulator πŸ˜•

I don't want a job simulator either and I doubt the devs are going that way. MR1 did it well. You have missions and you unlock trucks as you complete maps. That and a larger variety of missions is what I'd expect for MR2.

I'm all for more things to haul, more vehicles to do so and a upgrade system set up like the progression system mr1 has to unlock trucks and maps wouldn't be horrible but. This gives me a chill that it'll be like farm sim. You want that shiny new tractor? Better work till you hate the game!

0_1555014113874_D3yNa6LWkAEdcTG.jpg_large

@kingnightshadow lol imagine microtransactions to buy gear so you dont have to grind XDD lets hope this shti dont come true

last edited by zamal

The worst they could do is to include very few trucks in the base game, and make the rest paid DLC. Yikes! I don't mind unlocking new trucks by completing objectives, like the maps in the base game. I like getting some reward for my "hard work".

last edited by Unster

🀞🏽 this is what i am talking about when i have said they do need to listen to the community, but they also need to make sure they are listening to the right part of the community. in the past there were changes made that actually only a few wanted, they just happened to shout load enough at the right time. only to soon after most of those people to not play the game anymore or to realize the changes that were made were a mistake.

@zamal would legit abandon the series lol

While we don't have a lot to on, I like what I'm seeing so far.

Any idea when we can find out more info for MR2? and I agree with kingnightshadow about not making it a job sim. that is what ATS and ETS is for. From the few pics I seen in the other post here on the forum I would like to think we are in the clear.

@08_jk_ said in Opinion on mudrunner 2:

Any idea when we can find out more info for MR2? and I agree with kingnightshadow about not making it a job sim. that is what ATS and ETS is for. From the few pics I seen in the other post here on the forum I would like to think we are in the clear.

I would assume you are right. From what I see in that picture of the Western Star inside the garage, I can't see any signs of currency. So right now it looks like you earn mods probably the same way as you earned trucks in Mudrunner 1, though progression points.

@justinlynch3 that may also be that they are in Dev mode. The standard game may have a money system. It's not a total game killer just, I love how jump in and go mudrunner is, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not excited about the prospect of customizing my truck and the snow

To be honest, I liked the original scenery located in Russia with the Russian trucks better than the American version. Hopefully it will be part of MR2 too. And hopefully it won’t get any of this job sim stuff. I just want to run the game and start driving around.πŸ˜‰
Just Spintires with a new graphics engine and a weather model (snow, rain) would make me happy!😊

last edited by Ural

@ural Wouldn't be better for it to have all these "job sim" stuff for the guys that doesn't like to just wonder around without purpose and then another "Sandbox Mode" where you would just spawn in the map with everything unlocked for guys like you to have fun without caring for all the objectives and so on? Everybody would be happy this way right?

last edited by deathcoreboy1

@deathcoreboy1 said in Opinion on mudrunner 2:

@ural Wouldn't be better for it to have all these "job sim" stuff for the guys that doesn't like to just wonder around without purpose and then another "Sandbox Mode" where you would just spawn in the map with everything unlocked for guys like you to have fun without caring for all the objectives and so on? Everybody would be happy this way right?

I'm sure just like Mudrunner 1 if you wanna go into a map and just run around then you can. It'll be interesting to see how progression and earning new vehicles in done in Mudrunner 2.

I'll be happy if they keep current system.
Finish the game and unlock features and then you have them all to play with...

Did anyone happen to hear when mr2 comes out?