MudRunner 2 Preview

Those are nice but that's from yesterday from another source. Would like to see or hear something from Focus or Saber! They've been much too silent over here.

They did the same with Mudrunner 1, I think. Didn't say much themselves at first. Instead let the journalists attending the event reveal the details.

The frigid landscapes of Siberia and the mountains of Michigan are at the rendezvous. Players will be able to develop their own transportation business and manage supply networks.

Customizable vehicles fit into many road catalogs, including Pacific and Navistar.

https://www.psthc.fr/news/le-whats-next-fait-le-point-sur-les-jeux-edites-par-focus-home-interactive-81886.htm

Pacific, Navistar? - That would be awesome
0_1555100240982_109a377f-2151-4de6-bf6f-0cfa49382253-image.png

Take those info with a grain of salt. No idea if it's legit or not, but the site is french. So who knows. @zamal @8x8 @deathcoreboy1

last edited by Grandy

@grandy oh siberia? so we have russia in mr2 thats good, i dont know about managing supply network is thsi train fever ffs xd, but i like pacific trucks in game, we requested that for AW dlc a LOT. i hope they drop some army trucks in there like Oshkosh M1070 and Oshkosh HEMTT

@zamal I'd be fine with some kind of economy in MR2 as long as it's not too tedious or bothersome, like charging reasonable amounts of earned money for fuel and such, and making you strategize a bit more. And yes US army trucks would be nice.

1_1555115357608_D2068448-1174-4F8A-BB9A-2545454D23F8.jpeg 0_1555115357591_2E2FB3DE-DC16-49C8-95B9-4BA8371EEDF4.jpeg

I googled Navistar and these stood out to me. The 4x4 is unlikely but the 6x6 looks cool

I'm probably just being prematurely negative here, but...

Not really excited to see more of the road trucks. Even if they improved the road-driving model drastically, I still think it's a bit silly to showcase them for a game called Mud Runner...

Wondering what it will mean for the maps/level design as well. The maps in AW were somewhat unique in how you had to blend the off-roading with the road transport trucks, but it wasn't difficult and I didn't find it that fun and haven't returned to them after completing them the first time. I'm really hoping all the road trucks in the screenshots aren't an indicator for what we can expect and instead are just poor choices to represent the title.

Maybe I'm just in the minority, but I want more difficult off-road deliveries with twistier trails, deeper ruts, longer distances, farther gaps between fuel/repairs, more holes and hills and off-camber sections, and so on. If I wanted to deliver stuff on asphalt I can just play a Truck Simulator game. I already feel like MR is too easy and the terrain isn't challenging enough, so spending more time on asphalt isn't going to interest me.

Perhaps the customization/upgrades will let us put off-road tires on them to make them at least somewhat useful/fun? Also would be cool if we can lift and put better tires on the light-duty pickups and stuff.

Not meaning to be totally negative though. Snow is cool, it looks good, neat to see the Chevy... Just hoping it was a really poor selection chosen to showcase the game and that we will have plenty of 6x6 and difficult off-road stuff even though we didn't get shown any.

last edited by -Morbid-

@morbid I agree with you, just with one small exception - I hope for 8x8 😉
@stirmygnat I am not against US trucks in general, but I don't think, that armoured vehicles fit in, unless gameplay was changed drastically...

@morbid no. U aren't being prematurely negative at all, this is real concern we are facing. Everything u said is exactly how i feel about this franchise, i want more challenge and less road driving, remember when they announced deep mud as aprils joke back in 2018? I got really excited that game was gonna have new difficulty and then they come out and say it was joke and release AW dlc which was super easy as u said.. I feel like they are trying to get broad audience to start playing this game like those youtubers who dont know what diff-lock is and leave game after 3-4 days and never play again, and thats why its becoming easier and easier so it appeal to those ppl more. But what they don't realize is that, they are losing us hardcore fanbase and at the end of the day everyone leaves and they are left with nothing... Hope they understand that this community aint group of casual drivers who want easy way out of mud and require more challenge!

This game is a MudRunner and should never become a RoadRunner///

@thedeestroyer said in MudRunner 2 Preview:

alt text

I don't know if anyone noticed, but this looks like another type of cargo. Beside logs, for now we know there are bricks, barrels and this thing.

@grandy Thanks for the heads up buddy.

I hate to disagree with most of you guys, but so far I love everything we know about MR2. We'll have different types of loads, an economy system, snow, missions, bigger maps, lisenced vehicles, maps with some sort of villages in it, etc... That's everything I wanted from this game. I'm bored of just jumping and doing thing for no purpose like beamng. I want to have a sense of progression which makes sense like ATS

@deathcoreboy1 said in MudRunner 2 Preview:

I hate to disagree with most of you guys, but so far I love everything we know about MR2. We'll have different types of loads, an economy system, snow, missions, bigger maps, lisenced vehicles, maps with some sort of villages in it, etc... That's everything I wanted from this game. I'm bored of just jumping and doing thing for no purpose like beamng. I want to have a sense of progression which makes sense like ATS

Economy is good as long as it's balanced. Like we don't want Focus to pull a Rockstar where jobs pay 10k, but new vehicles cost $2-5 million to buy, and where you need spend your life savings if you wanna go the Shark Card route. That would be bad.

@justinlynch3 said in MudRunner 2 Preview:

Economy is good as long as it's balanced. Like we don't want Focus to pull a Rockstar where jobs pay 10k, but new vehicles cost $2-5 million to buy, and where you need spend your life savings if you wanna go the Shark Card route. That would be bad.

Totally agreed. Look at SCS. That's the sweet spot I think. The econmy is there. You allways have a goal to work towards but its relatively easy to feel like you are progessing all the time.

@justinlynch3 said in MudRunner 2 Preview:

Totally agreed. Look at SCS. That's the sweet spot I think. The econmy is there. You allways have a goal to work towards but its relatively easy to feel like you are progessing all the time.

I'm not familiar with SCS, what is that?

@justinlynch3 SCS is a game developper studio, creators of Euro Truck Simulator and American Truck Simulator. If you have never played them, I'd highly recommend you to as long as you have a decent steering wheel.

Yea I don't have a wheel. Heck I still have some Guitar Hero games on PS3 I still can't play because I can't find a bloody guitar anywhere. lol Plus I don't really have the room for a whole driving wheel setup, my gaming room is pretty small.

@justinlynch3 lol I've been there mate. Anyways. In these games, there is an economy system where you have to complete jobs automatically generated to earn money and XP. Then with that mony, you can buy and customize trucks, garages, trailers and hire drivers to work for you. It is relatively easy amd there is plenty of content available at all stages of your progression so there is never the feel of "hard work". After a while, you finally reach a level where mony and EX is not longer requiered, but as the jobs are automatically generated and the games is not interrumpted by any means, there is this sense of freedom, duty and progression. Besides, SCS Games Studios, update the game frecuently and adds plenty of features and content to mess around. They also release consistently paid DLC for map expansion. I hope you get an idea.

@zamal that’s why I’ve gone back to the original Spintires now. With the new update they recently released and the mud physics being more difficult and still being a hardcore off road game it suits my needs better now...