MudRunner 2 Preview

@mikhail-ivanov said in MudRunner 2 Preview:

@zamal that’s why I’ve gone back to the original Spintires now. With the new update they recently released and the mud physics being more difficult and still being a hardcore off road game it suits my needs better now...

To bad Spintires isn't on console. With Focus going one way with Mudrunner and Spintires original coming back to life, maybe the Spintire dev can reach out to Sony and Microsoft and see if they can't get their game on the digital store. They won't have a physical release like they did under Focus, but they might not need one. Just digital could serve them fine.

Appeal to Sony's soft spot and tell them it's a indy game lol. Sony loves indy games.

@justinlynch3 meh, wheels are over rated imo. yes they are nice and can make things better, more realistic and more natural, but not something "you have to have". i play ATS just fine with my controller.

@justinlynch3 I'm a PC gamer only and I haven't bought a physical game disc in many years. All PC games are released digitally now and you'll have a hard time finding any PC game discs being sold in stores. Consoles are another matter. Both MR and ST PC games are on Steam.

@8up-local Sure, but once you have a wheel going back to keyboard or controller for driving games is like moving out of a luxury home back to a college dorm room. No thanks.

@unster i do not blame you. it is just the way i got used to playing the game. like i said this is the only driving game that i prefer KB on. others? hell na. lol

@8up-local Yeah, on this one with the low driving speeds a keyboard is acceptable. I felt that way too when I first played it. But a wheel is still much better, even on this game.

@mikhail-ivanov said in MudRunner 2 Preview:

@zamal that’s why I’ve gone back to the original Spintires now. With the new update they recently released and the mud physics being more difficult and still being a hardcore off road game it suits my needs better now...

Oovee can only mod Spintires without Pavel, and is hard to believe that they will bring something new to that game. They said that MR1 and MR2 are just copycats of the original game , it's funny because they didn't update the game for years now , while MR2 has snow ,customization and licensed vehicles.

@thedeestroyer
Oovee already confirmed dynamic wheater (rain, wind) so they acutally did something new.
Also a big surprise for me, i thought Spintires is dead and will be abonded but hey - the proofed us the opposite.

As far as I'm concerned, Oovee has proved exactly nothing yet. If they actually deliver, I might play it, but until the update is on my hard drive I'm going to ignore all that.

That being said, it will be interesting to see how these two are going to branch out.

@alpscruiser said in MudRunner 2 Preview:

Oovee already confirmed dynamic wheater (rain, wind) so they acutally did something new.

As I said they can only mod the game . I bet that the so called "dynamic weather" is just the rain mod made by that stressed dude long time ago. The game was made by Pavel and without him there's nothing, only fixes like bringing back the wheel tracks or adding stuff as DLC so basically modding the game.

last edited by TheDeestroyer

@thedeestroyer
I didn´t know that Pavel is the only programmer on our small world.

@alpscruiser said in MudRunner 2 Preview:

@thedeestroyer
I didn´t know that Pavel is the only programmer on our small world.

Spintires was Pavel's game made by him ,and Oovee has the rights over it , that's why we have Mudrunner 2 (without Spintires connection).After browsing a little on their forums I'm almost positive that they hired Localhost (the guy who made Spintires Plus) and maybe the weather guy so they will try to mod the same old build .Is not bad , but don't expect big changes...

@thedeestroyer
I know everthing about the story of ST and MR. I´m there since day 1.

If they hired localhost idk. But when they have the rights over ST so they will have the code and so they can programm and not only do some modding.

@8up-local I allways played trucking games from first SCS's, King of the Road from SoftLab-NSK to latest ATS and ETS2 with a keyboard. I was happy with it. I tried with cheap steering wheels here and there but did not find it too good IMO. Wasn't until last year that I went to Argentina Game Show and tried a Logitech G27 with 900 degrees of rotation and force feedback. I had to have it so I worked hard and bought it second hand. Gotta say mate, I ain't going back. I can't even play arcade racing games anymore. Is like my mindset was shifted. Like passing from playing with toys to the real deal.

@alpscruiser The update is out. The rain is just an animated alpha layer of water falling from the sky. Doesn't even affect the enviroment. Nothing gets wet, no splash on the ground, not even dark enviroment to set the rainy mood.

Besides that, they added a lot of things that Mudrunner already has. I guess that the update was in progress when they gave the rights to Focus.

@deathcoreboy1 Really? I wanted to install ST again, but I see that there is no sense since the rain does not affect anything.

@knight25 Well, on top of that, it is barely noticeable. It's too thin I think. Like you hear the sound but not allways get to see the rain. lol

The camera has 3 zoom steps tho. Pretty much appreciated.

last edited by deathcoreboy1

@deathcoreboy1 Sounds like Oovee needs an actual programmer. Man if I was jobless I might be interested, if the pay is good. But not ready to quit my job to work for what sounds like a startup, even if they're not really new.

Isn't it funny that we are discussing Oovee and ST instead of MR2 here? Goes to show what happens when Focus ignores us. I still don't understand why they can't even post a message about the event last week.

@unster You got a point there. I get that they want speculation but, come on... what they are doing is cruel IMO. It's a shame that oovee can't get their feets on the ground and put an actual competitive product so Fucus stop taking us for granted.

Didn't know you were a programmer. Go and apply! you don't loose anything by listening to what they have to offer. Keep your options open my dude. The red pill teaches you that.

Edit: I work on IT Networking and Infraestructure Support, so we're kind of in the same field XD

last edited by deathcoreboy1

@deathcoreboy1 I just took a look. They're looking for an experienced Unreal engine programmer. There may be plenty of those, but I'm not one of them. That's fine by me. I actually prefer to keep my work and hobbies separate. I might like my favorite games less if I actually had to work on them for a living.