Faction and Companion we know so far.

(Player) The Congregation of Merchants- Using its wealth as a commercial state, to exploit its political influence

(Kurt) Bridge Alliance-A national group that aims to conquer the world with science and knowledge

(Unknown) Theleme- A religious state that aims to disseminate to the natives in order to hold a religious supremacy on the new continent

(unknown) Coin Guard-A guild composed of mercenaries, private soldiers, assassins, martial arts

(Vasco) Nauts- A guild formed by the Voyagers who came to have the power to cross the ocean without their cooperation

(Siora) Teer Fredean-A native who is simply called "the people of the island" or "Yakt Huladi" in the local language. There are multiple tribes adapted to the living environment, not one nation

Also from many article that release (translate by google) the name Yesora and Petrus also mention as companion.

Where is companion trailer like you did on Technomancer Spider???

Our cousin Constantine, Kurt and Vasco (base on detail that they describe Demo from many article)

alt text

I don't think I'm going to like Theleme. Most likely it's going to be one of their peeps who is burning the natives. Might be good for an evil run through though.

And for the character on the left? do you think he's a companion ? Petrus maybe ?

0_1555404115590_Sans titre.jpg

Well if he's from the same Faction as Vasco I doubt it.

@julsouri Well he have cloth that very similar to De Sardet. I think he also noble from merchant faction.

Ah ok :smiling_face_with_open_mouth:

A new video on greedfall (one of the reporters says that focus will not be at E3) :

Youtube Video

@julsouri said in Faction and Companion we know so far.:

Ah ok :smiling_face_with_open_mouth:

A new video on greedfall (one of the reporters says that focus will not be at E3) :

Youtube Video

I try to understand but it's so hard when I have to use auto translate. They talk something about Gamecom event right?

At 13:25, he says focus will not be at E3 and he hopes the game will be playable at gamescom.

Gamescom is August right? So we're not looking at a release before that?

@fortune86 Of course not. There was almost nothing released from the game so far (except early trailer long ago and some screenshots) and you expect release soon? I wouldnt be surprised if the release date is late November/December.

last edited by Farflame

@farflame said in Faction and Companion we know so far.:

@fortune86 Of course not. There was almost nothing released from the game so far (except early trailer long ago and some screenshots) and you expect release soon? I wouldnt be surprised if the release date is late November/December.

Agreed. Late October through early December is prime release season heading into the gift-giving holidays. That's the most likely time for it to be released. I think the bigger question is when does the marketing campaign begin in earnest? Perhaps around E3?

Meh. Can't blame me for hoping.

Going back to the topic a bit, it seem pretty obvious that some of the factions are going to oppose each other and their respective companions likewise. Do you think we'll be able to have them as party members together (even if only for a limited time) or we'll have to flat out chose between them? Could be interesting to hear them snipe at each other or provide conflicting points of view.

https://wccftech.com/greedfall-interview-with-jehanne-rousseau/

Interview with CEO of Spider.

Some interesting info....

• Player can't revisit New Serene after tutorial.
  • They create new language for Native.
  • Some faction can disappear base on player choice.
  • Some companion can die. One of them is male who player can romance with.
last edited by Ben Kenobi

@fortune86 said in Faction and Companion we know so far.:

Meh. Can't blame me for hoping.

Going back to the topic a bit, it seem pretty obvious that some of the factions are going to oppose each other and their respective companions likewise. Do you think we'll be able to have them as party members together (even if only for a limited time) or we'll have to flat out chose between them? Could be interesting to hear them snipe at each other or provide conflicting points of view.

Yes, I expect that you will be able to have to rival companions follow you in the field. I don't know if they would have ambient dialogue though. Bioware does that in Dragon Age and Mass Effect and it is great.

@Ben-Kenobi The CEO mentioned that the Congregation of Merchants faction is what you start with and its fairly neutral with the other factions.

last edited by Eagle Pursuit

https://www.vg247.com/2019/04/19/greedfall-an-rpg-where-spoken-language-is-actually-important/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Siora is your translator. You can't speak with the natives without her. If you kill too many natives, she will leave your party and become an enemy.

Constantine is your cousin, the governor of New Serene.

The natives are factionalized. Some hate the newcomers, some want to coexist. Some want to assimilate.

last edited by Eagle Pursuit

Well I wasn't planning on peeving off Siora anyway, but I hope the MC can start to pick up a bit of the native language over the course of the game. I like to try and mix and match my team and having to take Siora every time I go to talk to the Teer Fradee may wear a little thin, especially over multiple playthroughs.

That said, it is nice to have proper comeuppances for upsetting your team mates. I wonder if there are disadvantages for loosing party members from other factions? If I upset the Coin Guard will I have random assassins dropping by for a pointy word?

Also I'm wondering if we can determine our starting stats somehow. While I'll probably try and stick with charm and diplomacy for my first run, I think a no-fudges-given brute force run might be fun as well. (Gotta admit, when I read about breaking the cousin out of jail the PotC theme song started playing in my head.)

last edited by Fortune86

I admit, the description of the persuade/sneak/bribe/blow-it-up jailbreak made me very happy.

I known that Info of Companion, faction and romance is coming. But I like to sum all of everything we known so far.

• BRIDGE ALLIANCE and THELEME is rival to Native
  • Kurt & Vasco travel with De Sardet since beginning.
  • Kurt is De Sardet companion from COIN GUARD (Mercenary).
  • Vasco(?) maybe De Sardet seconnd companion from NAUT (Sailor) . He's not in any gameplay but appear in several cut scene with De Sardet.
  • Siora is companion from NATIVE. She's available around Lv7. She seem to have summoning skill.
  • Companion from BRIDGE ALLIANCE (Science) and THELEME (religious) still unknown.
  • Two name that get mention on game article is Yesora & Petrus.
  • New female companion appear on story trailer. Name & Faction's unknown but she seem to available to romance with De Sardet (at least Male).
  • At least one male companion confirm for romance and he also can die too.
  • We can't understand native language if Siora is not travel with De Sardet. But Siora is not the only one that can speak main land's language.

PS. also post this on reddit.