Faction and Companion we know so far.

@Red-Leader said in Faction and Companion we know so far.:

@Silaf No remember people from the old world have been living here for 15 years before we get there. They got infected from the colonists.

Yes they got infected. But i wonder why we are searching for a cure on the island if the natives don't know how to heal and are not immune.

@Silaf Because we are missing critical story information.

The story has obviously changed a great deal if natives aren't immune anymore. I don't think we can accurately guess until we play it.

last edited by Red Leader

@Silaf They may not immune but we never heard that they can't heal. Maybe it's hard but still possible. Maybe the native even not consider malichor as disease that have to be cure.

Plus, we only heard from De Sardet and his/her mother that we may find a cure on the island. What if that's false information?

@Ben-Kenobi said in Faction and Companion we know so far.:

@Silaf They may not immune but we never heard that they can't heal. Maybe it's hard but still possible. Maybe the native even not consider malichor as disease that have to be cure.

Plus, we only heard from De Sardet and his/her mother that we may find a cure on the island. What if that's false information?

Well there is to say that when sardet was talking to his mother and she mentioned the possibility of finding a cure he had a really sad expression.
This may mean different tings and can be interpreted but maybe the protagonist diden't belive the possibility to be really big and he know that dialogue to be the last time he spoke to her.

last edited by Silaf

@Silaf I would agree with this. It was a last goodbye.

Today (31 July) They should reveal info of companion. Who do you want to see today? Vasco, Aphra or Siora.

Mine is Vasco, since he's only companion that I can romance with. I aso curious how navigator faction involve to main story. Know more about him may give me some hint.

I hope Aphra since we know nothing about them at this point.

Yes, Aphra for the same reason. Vasco is interesting because we don't know what rapport his faction have with the natives and other factions in general. About Siora we more or less know her general position.
Knowing something more about our mother or cousin would be interesting too.

I would also like to know more about Vasco. I feel like we don't know enough about the Nauts and their stake in this.

As much as I adore Siora I would like to know more about the lesser known companions. I can wait.

@Eagle-Pursuit Sounds like they are getting filthy rich being the taxi service from the old world to the new. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

@Red-Leader said in Faction and Companion we know so far.:

@Eagle-Pursuit Sounds like they are getting filthy rich being the taxi service from the old world to the new. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

I wonder why the other factions can't figure out a way to use ships. Maybe to navigate so far away from the main land you need some secret spell...

last edited by Silaf

@Red-Leader There are stances within that paradigm they can take. Would they favor exterminating the natives for the sake of full bore exploitation of the island's resources or would they be open to sustainable cooperation, treating the island as a kind of preserve with limited usage and research-tourism?

@Silaf Nah, it's just easier to hitch a ride on a ship than build your own fleet.

@Eagle-Pursuit I feel you will be directing that.

Two weeks since the last character reveal... and many weeks (a month?) since a city reveal. I read on Twitter that they were going to say something "big" today. Any ideas or is the announcement today of digital availability and 4K something "big"? Personally, neither of those affect me, so I'm hoping for something else! 😉

Well, apparently that was the big deal today. Not what I was hoping for. Glad it made others excited I suppose.

I'm a bit let down myself.

We still have all of August for info.

No new weseries, no new info of companion on July 31, so disappoint. They change schedule to release thing again.