My intention with this topic isn't to create controversy or start some flame war, so please let's avoid that. Let's keep the discussion honest. I have over 700 hours on MR but I actually just got ST yesterday because I read it was getting updated soon, including with dynamic weather and to make it more polished so I became interested. Here are my observations of the current version before the upcoming updates and how it compares to MR. Some of the things I even found surprising.
- The interface and menu in ST look very dated, though it's not surprising since it's an older game.
- ST is more colorful, like AW is.
- Supposedly original grills in ST on the Russian trucks. Some look pretty nice. I'd say the C-65115 looks better in ST than in MR.
- No tire tracks in ST. I've read they were removed (by Pavel?) but Oovee will hopefully put them back.
- Mud looks surprisingly good in ST, in some ways better than in MR. There are no ugly chunks of mud sticking to the tires and the mud looks smoother. It also makes trucks sink more into it, causing a more frequent sticky situation, at least with the heavier vehicles. The lighter vehicle in the base game (A-469) seems to float more over the mud than in MR. Strange.
- Overall the graphics seem crisper and more polished in MR.
- Logs make a sound when being dropped onto a truck in ST, something missing in MR.
- Force feedback actually works in ST. No unplugging of USB cable required.
- Automatic transmission actually works in ST, no stupid downshift to first gear every time.
- But ST supports only one USB control device at a time, which prevents me from using both a wheel and a shifter.
What are your thoughts & observations, those of you who've played both games? Now I can't really decide which game I like more, but for now at least until ST gets the updates, I'd still go with MR.