Vehicle Presentation - Introducing The GMC DW950

@manfrede3 Only if the player has the AW DLC do they get those vehicles. If they don't and they play that map, say in multiplayer or as a mod, then they'll only get Russian vehicles. I'm almost certain that's what will happen with this upcoming map as well.

last edited by Unster

@manfrede3 said in Vehicle Presentation - Introducing The GMC DW950:

@unster I'm talking about the two official American maps from AW. You can choose any truck you have unlocked for the garage spawns, but as far as I can tell the maps themselves always spawn a skidder, a Western star, an American scout, and two of the "not for off road use" American trucks.

I haven't played The Ridge or The Valley since they came out; I don't remember if they spawn non-DLC vehicles in those maps but if they don't, that's more trouble for the lonely GMC

Yes in you own AW DLC it will spawn those vehicles. If you don't own AW DLC you can still play AW maps online, and the game will spawn you Russian trucks instead.

It won't tow the flatbed semi trailer

@jellyfoosh said in Vehicle Presentation - Introducing The GMC DW950:

0_1555605046640_MudRunner-Oldtimers_Cards_1024x512_01.png

Old-Timers is a DLC coming out April 30th on PC, Xbox One, PS4, and Switch. We're excited to present one of its new vehicles - the GMC DW950! Old-Timers includes a brand new map, the Rocky Hills, and two new vehicles.

Vehicle Description:
If you need versatility and utility, the GMC DW950 should be near the top of your list. With the ability to attach a long list of various trailers, this veteran hauler is most at home on the road, unlike its sibling truck, the Western Star 6900XD.

Game Stats:
With 600 points of damage, The GMC DW950 knows how to take a hit and keep going. The 330L fuel capacity lets it keep going well into the sunset without a break.

Strengths:
Due to its armory of attachments and sturdy build, the GMC DW950 will have a solution to most of your problems, as long as it can keep its wheels on a solid road.

Weaknesses:
Although the GMC DW950 is a king on the road, off-road is outside its area of expertise.

0_1555606732059_MudRunner_Old-timers_01.jpg

Attachments:

• Fuel Semi-Trailer - Contains 3700 liters of Fuel
  • Fuel Trailer - Contains 1600 liters of Fuel
  • Garage Parts - Contains 2 Garage Points
  • Garage Semi-Trailer - Contains 4 Garage Points
  • Garage Trailer - Contains 2 Garage Points
  • Log Carriage - Can carry Short Logs
  • Log Carriage With Crane - Enables a Crane Attachment, can carry Short Logs
  • Long Log Cart - Can carry Long Logs
  • Medium Log Trailer - Can carry Medium Logs
  • Short Log Trailer - Can carry Short Logs
  • Trailer Hitch - Players can attach trailers to their trucks
  • Utility Semi-Trailer - Contains 1200 Repair Points, and 4 Garage Points
  • Utility Trailer - Contains 600 Repair points, and 2 Garage Points

"Not suitable for offroad"
only has pictures of it offroad

But in all seriousness, this is great news, thanks for not abandoning
us MudRunner 1 users! Looks amazing!

@zamal said in Vehicle Presentation - Introducing The GMC DW950:

@deathcoreboy1 oh shit exactly, and i thought where i was getting this sweet feeling that i cant explain from watching this screenshot :DDD right, right, right.

@justinlynch3 said in Vehicle Presentation - Introducing The GMC DW950:

Aw dang, is this thing going to be like the Freightline/Bison/LTL9000 where it gets stuck on the slightest bit of mud?

probably yes, but then again if u have enough experience u could get freightliner and ford through pretty thick mud + having diff lock is pretty helpful and this trucks size is bigger than western star so expect some heavy weight crawling XD

Bigger but is it heavier?

This truck is 50's era, they wasn't using lightweight sheet medal and aluminum back then, this thing was made with steel and iron most likely. This thing should be comparable in weight to like I said the C-256, and I'd expect similar offroad capability. But that "not suitable for offroad" warning has me concerned that despite being big, and being old, it's for some reason still going to be very light and less capable then a freaking a bicycle in mud.

Is it suitable for withstanding hordes and hordes of zombies though... ?

@justinlynch3 said in Vehicle Presentation - Introducing The GMC DW950:
"But that "not suitable for offroad" warning has me concerned that despite being big, and being old, it's for some reason still going to be very light and less capable then a freaking a bicycle in mud."

Depends on what bike you're talking about. With my fat bike I could probably outrun this truck in mud. 😉

last edited by Unster

@unster With how many logs? :face_with_stuck-out_tongue_closed_eyes:

This old veteran looks like he weighs more than a war tank.

0_1555796546689_1555606733898-mudrunner_old-timers_01.jpg

last edited by fabio brasil

Another vehicle useless off road... I hope this isn't a sign that the map will be like the AW maps with lots of road driving, while it's kinda unique compared to the other maps it isn't fun or challenging, and really shows off how bad the physics are for driving on asphalt.

For a game named Mud Runner that gained its following almost completely based on its terrain deformation and mud physics, we have been seeing a lot of road between this and the MR2 previews. Making it kinda tough not to wonder if the game is losing its way. I didn't buy Asphalt Runner after all.

Sorry to be downer and I really hope I'm just being prematurely negative.

@morbid I think that there will be tuff off road trucks for getting the cargo and you can use the "not suitable for off-road" trucks for fast and easy transportation to the delivery/objective

@orlando-boom ty god they are not doing presentations like this and are giving us in-game screenshots 😷 😷 😷

Yeah,imagine if the game looked like that...

@zamal psshhhh!!! don't give them the idea! 😃

The funny thing is, the older the vehicle, the lighter it tends to be. Why? Because they didn't have any safety standards to put up with and there wasn't any computer run junk or any emissions equipment on the vehicles. I own a 1979 D200 (single cab long box) that weighs in around 4,300 pounds. Compared to a newer vehicle of similar setup which weighs over 1,000 pounds more. Even a modern Dodge Challenger is heavier than my '79.

last edited by Rin_Lynn

@rin_lynn said in Vehicle Presentation - Introducing The GMC DW950:

1979 D200

Oh boy! You are lucky bro! This is a sick looking truck you have there. I love 70s american vehicles so much. I'd love they put some in the game.

last edited by deathcoreboy1

I own a 1979 D200 (single cab long box) that weighs in around 4,300 pounds. Compared to a newer vehicle of similar setup which weighs over 1,000 pounds more.

Actually, your light weight is partly due to being 2WD. My 1991 W150 (same cab structure, same safety features, more drivetrain, but lighter frame) is 5000 pounds on the nose. But a regular cab 2015 RAM 1500 can come in between 4500lbs and 5100lbs depending on config. I think the eco diesel models pushed 5200/5300lbs.
It is fair to say that modern trucks also have a lot of payload and very high towing ratings, so they are heavier.

Even a modern Dodge Challenger is heavier than my '79.

Can confirm, my 2015 Challenger SRT 392 is heavier than your 79 D200.

last edited by Oelmuvun

@justinlynch3 got to know how to drive, me and a buddy has drove both the freightliner and ltl9000 and the bison with the flat bed trailer with the skidder on it through the swamp with no problems.

@jellyfoosh So you guys are talking to GMC now?

Does that mean we can expect the 1942 CCKW "Jimmy" soon? And the M35? And the M135?

Huh? Huh? Can we? Can we?

Pleeeeeeeeez! 🙂