We're happy to release a hotfix on PC for World War Z today. It should fix the most urgent issues reported by players since release earlier this week. Please find the patch notes below.
Thank you so much for the massive amount of feedback and reports posted on social networks and in this forum. We continue to work on them for future updates and improvements.
World War Z - PC Hotfix April 20th
- Fixed crash on game launch, reported by some AMD users.
- Fixed a large number of connectivity, matchmaking and party system issues.
- Fixed a large number of gameplay crashes.
- Fixed a large number of gameplay bugs that caused inability to progress on levels.
- Fixed texture corruption on Vulkan in some cases.
- Improved Vulkan performance.
- Improved Vulkan stability.
- Partially fixed sound stutter issues.
- Fixed issue with some friends not being visible in a friend list.
- Fixed freeze on typing “<” in chat.
- Reduced AI bot efficiency on lower difficulty levels.
- Improved Slasher base perk.
- With full stamina Slasher deals damage to 2 zombies in 1 melee swing.
- With low stamina Slasher deals damage 1 zombie in 1 melee swing, plus his melee is not slowed down.
- Added “start with an improved chainsaw” perk on level 17
- Shock Therapy perk moved to level 21, replacing the perk Executioner II