Detailed list of feedback, suggestions, and bugs. (Xbox One).

Intro: I'm not sure if any of the developers saw or read this post in the technical forums, so I'm deciding to upload it here too because I really would love someone to read it, as I play the game several hours every day and worked hard to put this collection of thoughts together. That aside, this is going to be a very long read, so bear that in mind, it's a very long and detailed list of feedback as I said, now onto the list below:

1 - Better bots, they're good for the most part, but could you make them pick up first aid kits or do something about that, health management on single player is aweful. Would also be nice if the bots would try harder to run up to and circle around the Bull to kill it faster in the back, sometimes they take WAY TOO LONG to kill the Bull that has me pinned.

2 - Private lobby option to only play with invited players and bots. Self explanatory feature that many were baffled wasn't there.

3 - Adjust the crouch animation when ADS-ing to make it lower as if you arn't ADS-ing, making it easier for teammate players to shoot over you. I feel like the crouch height when ADS vs. not ADS-ing should not be different, I don't like how they somewhat lean up when you aim, making teammates end up hitting you more if you're in front of them. If you guys could adjust that animation, that would be a huge quality of life change in co-op play for me.

4 - Add more voicelines for all the survivors, the low amount of lines each character has for everything can get annoying sometimes when a survivor says the same line 3 or more times in a row. That would be really nice to change if that's possible.

5 - Allow upgrades for the secondary double barrel shotgun or give it a huge buff, it feels too weak compared to the other shotguns when they're maxed out in upgrades. The secondary revolver and grenade launcher feel fine as is though with no upgrade options.

6 - Add a sprint stamina value/bar on the hud, maybe as a tiny blue bar, I find myself running out frequently out of no where with 0 indication and it just leaves me confused, would be a really nice addition to avoid that confusion and to easily conserve my stamina more when I should do so.

7 - Better voice commands: I use a controller, so it's great that the D-Pad is voice commands, but I'd like to see it heavily improved like how some other games do it instead of being simplified. I'd like holding Up on D-Pad open a wheel, which then you use the right stick to choose which line you want, then release the D-pad to have your character say that line, and add more lines please! Add new ones the player can say such as Thank You, I'm With You, Help Me! (Not the first aid one, literally screaming I need help/backup), and maybe I'm Sorry! if you shoot a teammate by accident. Also please add lines for the survivors when you are pressing the mark button and leaving a marker, maybe have them say "Look over there!" or something like that.

8 - Controller binding for console: I play on Xbox, and wish I could rebind all the buttons/controls into whatever buttons I'd like, it's a little thing yeah, but most developers don't allow this feature on consoles, I would love it if you did it.

9 - Improved performance on the Xbox One: I don't have an Xbox One X yet, and the performance struggles a fair amount for me on the game which makes me a bit sad, I'm sure you guys could optimize the game even more down the road possibly, I just wanted to see if you all knew that the standard Xbox One doesn't run so good on most episodes in terms of a smooth framerate. (At least for me it's pretty bad).

10 - Make it easier to dodge the Bull's charge: I feel cheated out alot of the time when I try to side step out of his way or even hide behind objects or walls, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, could you possibly reduce his strafing while he charges a bit? I'm not saying he should charge in a straight line, but he strafes way too fast to where even at range it's a bit hard to dodge him or he'll curve completely around objects and get me anyway, maybe even add a dodge button so if you're moving in a direction and hold or double tap the crouch button while moving you'll do a quick roll in that direction or something like that, other then that all of your special zombies feel mostly fine.

11 - I love all of your campaigns, but the only one that doesn't settle well with me is the the part in New York where you are forced to go downstairs into the toxic gas and lose health at a very fast rate which is completely unavoidable, no other campaign has a part like that, so I'd either like you guys to remove it, or make the interval you lose health MUCH longer, maybe 2-3x longer, cause your health drains way too fast especially cause you also have the pressure of the zeke's constantly attacking you in the process which is bad enough... Also really want Tokyo chapter 3 please! Other then that, no complaints for your levels outside of bugs.

12 - Medic class perk buff: There's only one perk in all of the classes/skill tree's that seems a bit bad personally, and that's Second Wind, I'd like you to increase the chance of it to self revive to 100%, and increase the cooldown to 120 seconds, making the perk be in line with the Exterminator version of the perk. Other then that, solid perks in all the trees and classes!

13 - Ability to choose the music: I'm not sure if this could be implemented or not, I love the music in your entire game, but the one little nitpick I don't like is that each song is specific on whatever Episode you are playing, could we have a system where we can choose what song we want on what episode? Jerusalem has my favorite music and I wish I could use that on other episodes such as New York, or vice versa, music is 10/10 in your game, and I just wish I could select what I'd like to listen to instead of it be episode specific!

14 - Option to further increase the music volume, because I honestly feel like it's drowned out alot of the time and too hard to hear. Would also like the amount of volume decrease to the music whenever a survivor is talking to either be reduced or removed, because it really just kills the music off making it inaudible a lot of the time, especially cause the survivors talk frequently and are loud already to begin with.

15 - Make future episodes free, add weapon skins/survivor costumes/outfits as paid microtransactions that you can ALSO earn for free. Should be self explanatory, make a system where you can also earn a second type of currency for surviving a mission, and that currency could be used to buy weapon or character skins/outfits, you could make that the microtransaction as well for people who want to buy it sooner or just want to support you as a developer, but don't force microtransactions on players who can't afford it or just want to work hard to earn nice things. This addition will also make it so you can't buy the supplies currency to buy perks and weapon upgrades, as I feel you should not be allowed to pay for a faster leveling up and gaining of perks and weapon upgrades. It's just a thought and suggestion, as I don't see anything regarding how you're going to handle DLC or content in this game yet. I'm sure other people would like this idea too.

16 - Minor thing, when you guys make more episodes, can we please get more episodes for all the survivors we already have in the game? I'm not sure how you're going to do future episodes, having more characters would be cool and all, but I want so much more out of the already existing characters we have, especially cause many of their stories end with a cliffhanger that leaves me wanting more out of them, especially with Tokyo's episode. Please give them more stories/screen time if that's possible!

17 - More controller settings: The controls are pretty good and solid for your game so far, but I'd like to see more settings, such as a Deadzone slider, aim acceleration/smoothing slider, and more aim assist options. I wish I could enable or disable certain parts of the aim assist specifically, instead of it all being generalized with a Stronger, Default, and Off" button, let me choose if I want things like: Rotation, slowdown, auto-aim, etc as seperate options. Other then that, your controls for controllers are really solid in the meantime.

18 - Minor thing: I would like to see the survivors do hand signals/gestures when you use voice commands such as follow me, yes, no, etc. Your game has many great little details in it, and I would love to see a few more if you could spare some time into adding them, also good job on the clothing/hair physics!

19: Light HUD customization: I would like to see the option to change the size/scaling of the HUD, the positioning of many of the HUD elements, etc. Maybe even allow players to change the color of the healthbars, temporary health, etc to whatever they want with color sliders. I love your HUD cause it gives me vibes in simplicity, but I feel like you could take it just a tiny step further in allowing a bit more customization. And yes that includes the option to customize the crosshair, even if it's just simply changing the color of it with color sliders at the very least.

20 - Add a survival/horde mode, I feel like this game would be interesting if you made maps specifically for a "Holdout as long as you can" setting, occasionally a helicopter could drop supplies in between waves for the survivors, so you could keep going without being entirely limited in supplies? It's just some thoughts. If that doesn't happen though that's okay, I'd be perfectly happy if you guys just made ALOT more episodes!

21 - When you guys start making content updates for the game, could you please do something like a developer update video on YouTube? I feel like you guys should seriously do that whenever you're working on big things for the game, to keep the community up to date on everything you're doing, it woulden't take much effort to do that, plus not everyone has a social media, YouTube dev update video's on future content/updates would make it MUCH easier for players to easily access that type of information, the dev update you guys did for making the game was perfect and spot on. I hope to see more dev update video's in the future, possibly.

22 - 60FPS for the Xbox One X if possible: Self explanatory, I really want this game to run 60FPS instead of 30 whenever I do get an X, I feel like it's possible and would love it if you'd strive for 60FPS on that better hardware somehow, if it's not possible though I completely understand, cause I'm not a developer and I'm not sure how hard that is on your end to make happen.

23 - Option to tell NPC characters to follow you specifically: Self explanatory, I dislike that on Jerusalem for example, Greengold randomly chooses which survivor he follows, would be less confusing and generally better if there was a way you could interact with him, or use voice commands on him, to get him to follow a specific player. Minor thing but would be a quality of life change.

24 - I'm going to list anything weird I've seen in terms of bugs, keep in mind I play World War Z on the standard Xbox One console:

• Sometimes NPC characters such as Greengold, Sveta, etc. get incapacitated inside of area's they hold up in that the player isn't allowed to go inside, it makes reviving them impossible and completely unfair.

• Game crashes sometimes, usually shortly after the start of any episode is the most frequent crash I get. Sometimes on rare instances I also get a crash when the game is loading the next area in sections that's sort of like a save area before you move on.

• Sometimes when a Lurker or a Bull pins a survivor, they on rare instances will get dropped off the side of ledges or cliffs, resulting in them dying instantly due to very strange and seemingly broken physics, can't tell if this is intentional, but sometimes I've even fallen straight through the floor and under the map because of this. Happens mostly on New York for me sometimes, and rarely other maps.

• On Jerusalem: Dead Sea Stroll, when you reach the barricaded fence and kick it down, when the swarm comes in and you hold them off, sometimes a tiny amount of the zeke's run in a perfectly straight line and sink under the floor/map, I usually see it a few times every 2-3 playthroughs.

• On Moscow: Key to the City, sometimes some of the other survivor NPC's get stuck, I've had them mainly get stuck at the gate at the finale/last hold out area, the gates you can interact with/open/close/unlock, they'd get stuck and only move again if they'd get pinned and then unpinned.

• Framerate struggles alot primarily on the Tokyo episode and New York episode, and generally just tends to dip a little on every other episode.

• Oksana's jacket physics sometimes clip through her jeans.

• Jerusalem: Dead Sea Stroll has a frequent crash at the start of the mission usually if you skip the cutscene and then try to rush through the very first part, usually crashes before or after I get to the stairs. (Doesn't crash every time, but for me it does after every few playthroughs).

• On rare instances the teammate A.I (not NPC's, the actual teammate bots) will get stuck sometimes, not sure what causes that, probably an issue regarding their navigation. It's very rare, so I can't provide too much specifics on where it happens, it just happens out of the blue, usually once every 10-20 playthroughs at complete random.

• If you skip a cutscene on most levels, the audio is completely mute for a short time. (Primarily gunshots).

Conclusion: That's pretty much everything for now, I hope the developers read this, many of these things would make the game so much better, I love World War Z so much, and I want to see it do so much better in the long term. Thanks for working so hard on such a great game! I plan to play your game every day as well going forward because I genuinely love it and enjoy it that much, good day!

last edited by B.Va

The bulls charge is pretty balanced, unlike l4D the charger takes time to charge up allowing ample time to move to the side or hide behind cover, hell you can literally climb over a box and let the bull climb it then you climb the same box and just do a merry go round till you kill him? And it’s a 1 shot kill if you do a shotgun to the back like crowning the witch in l4d, except for insane mode, took me between 1-2 shots to the back with tier 1 shotgun. And plus the charger only targets person at a time even if you love behind cover

@jmantheboss I do think the bull for the most part is balanced, but I feel like the amount he's allowed to strafe is too much. Even if I'm hiding behind a wall or object, he'll gravitate around it and completely run into me anyway which is the issue I'm having. I feel like that's... slightly broken. If that one minor thing would get adjusted I'd say it's fine. This game has weird unpredictable physics at times.

Ye his charging physics is quite funky, if he runs against a corner he will continue to run along it and then round the corner, perhaps they should make it so he does his stun animation even if he hits a corner

@jmantheboss Yeah that would be enough for me, if he hits a wall/object, he should stop, not slide around it. Lol

My most agreed on point would be 1, the ai is horrendous at killing zombies that are pinning me, they can’t shoot a lurker right in front of them

@jmantheboss Yeah that's my issue with them, they're horrible at saving pinned survivors and either bug out sometimes or just suck at killing it, plus health item management is horrible on solo because they don't have item/weapon hunting or anything like that. Other then those two things the A.I are decent for the most part, definitely feel less frustrating to play with compared to L4D's bots.

More option for the sensitivty would be cool, i agree.
Aiming in this game is very clunky, on default aim assist your reticule is slowing down too much, it's a pain in the *** to make an adjustement.
And the strong aim assist is strict bull**** and ruin the pvp. ADS will auto aim the ennemie, so you just need to spam de aim button and you will be a monster. In some case you can kill throught wall soooo.... yeah sensitivity and aim assist need to be look into.

last edited by Vektor Noirsang

@vektor-noirsang

There should be so many more options and sliders for the aim assist and more controller settings in general, because one of the things I don't like is how as you shoot, the game even on the default setting tries to forcefully aim for you onto targets. A slider for the slowdown when aiming at enemies, and an option to turn off the weird auto aim would be really nice in general. As for PvP, it should only allow slowdown, but nothing else in my opinion because yeah, I don't play it, but I've seen how nasty the aim assist is in that mode. When you don't even have to try to aim at someone to shoot, that's just plain unfair and cheese.

Hello all,

Thank you for the suggestions! I'll pass them on to the team.