Level 127 already (update: I’m 141 now)

So I’ve already reached level 127-129, maxed out the first 4 classes and near the end of the last one (leaving slasher for last) any plans to have more levels implemented? Or a prestige system that gives permanent buffs perhaps? Regardless of class you use?

last edited by JmanTheBoss

Im level 135, but i dont wanna play anymore... 2many reports that people loss there ranks/progress.. i spend alot of hours in this game but i dont wanna spend it anymore, big risk that you can all start over..! veryvery bad.

I dont know how you can see that, but i guess like 30/40hours.

@jmantheboss said in Level 127 already:

So I’ve already reached level 127-129, maxed out the first 4 classes and near the end of the last one (leaving slasher for last) any plans to have more levels implemented? Or a prestige system that gives permanent buffs perhaps? Regardless of class you use?

I'm currently level 62 after about 20 hour of gameplay, with two classes maxed out, and one class at level 2 I think. I play mostly for fun on Normal and Hard difficulty level.

I think the experience balance is very good. I makes you work a little bit to unlock stuff and not too hard that would would think it is grinding and lost interest.

I play mostly in public sessions so teamwork is on various level. Sometimes I get excellent teammates, sometimes I need to carry a lot. I thnik adding some permanent buffs for experience in a bad idea since it would greatly unbalance game in long term. People who play a lot would create themselves a super classes and ruin a game for others. You know sript like Rambo on highest dificulty levels.

It would be cool to get some reward though. Maybe XP could be converted to some small amount of credits, like when you maxed out weapon or class XP, of maybe some consumables, but not to permanent buffs.

@lsd-nl said in Level 127 already:

Im level 135, but i dont wanna play anymore... 2many reports that people loss there ranks/progress.. i spend alot of hours in this game but i dont wanna spend it anymore, big risk that you can all start over..! veryvery bad.

All saves are stored locally, so just backup bellow folder and you're good to go. You might lose a few hours of play if you don't backup regularly, that's all.
Also not every crash must corrupt save files. I had a crash when connecting to a server and I though, 'Great few hours lost :(', but nothing bad happened and all my progress was there.

%localappdata%\Saber\WWZ\client\storage

@deadlock_

Backing up saves if said users are on console is a little more harder than that I believe (Never backed up a save on console)

but most of the loss progress is for console users and I think they are cloud saved, not sure though. Mainly PS4 users reporting the loss of progress. Only seen 1 or 2 reports for Xbox thus far.

@lyireal
Sorry, I assumed you play the game on PC.

@dvoryaninoff starting at around level 20 I started grinding Tokyo level 1 solo on insane difficulty, did that for about 2 days, maybe 20 hours, got to level 60-80 or so, then I learned about chapter 1, 3rd level which takes 10-11min to complete so I grinded that for about 20 hours, and now I’m at 127-130. Within those 40 hours maybe 5-10 hours was me joining on very hard quick plays with other people, most of the time they never finish Cus everyone takes their time

@lsd-nl said in Level 127 already (update: I’m 141 now):

I dont know how you can see that, but i guess like 30/40hours.

My god what a nerd. Don't you people do anything else but play video games?

@jmantheboss said in Ability to play a full chapter with increased exp gains:

1. having to be kicked back out onto the main page every time and waiting for the one guy that never ready’s up is time consuming.

This is done on purpose to allow people to upgrade stuff when then unlock new Class Perk or Weapon Level.
Game will automatically continue after 2 minutes, when 2 players are 'Ready'.
Unlocking stuff during gameplay is part of the fun.
If you really can't wait that long to allow someone to briefly look at new unlocks and let them decide if they want to buy it or not, then perhabs you should stick to play with the AI bots.

Not everyone plays in a grindy way like you do. Some people play games to actually have fun and explore things. And progress and unlocks are a big part of that in RPG-like game or a game with RPG elements.

@jmantheboss said in Level 127 already (update: I’m 141 now):

@dvoryaninoff starting at around level 20 I started grinding Tokyo level 1 solo on insane difficulty, did that for about 2 days, maybe 20 hours, got to level 60-80 or so, then I learned about chapter 1, 3rd level which takes 10-11min to complete so I grinded that for about 20 hours, and now I’m at 127-130. Within those 40 hours maybe 5-10 hours was me joining on very hard quick plays with other people, most of the time they never finish Cus everyone takes their time

@jmantheboss said in Ability to play a full chapter with increased exp gains:

1. this games basically a clone of l4d, but it’s got its own style to it, and playing a full chapter all at once already seems like something that should’ve been in the game. You forget the story, I had I play the first chapter a few times before I realized what the story even was. And cmon, you beat the map by escaping on a boat, twice, and the other 2 is by helicopter. That is such a left 4 dead thing already, why stop.

The boat recalls one chapter from 'Left 4 Dead 2'.
But how many quick escape transport vehicles you have.
Boat, chopper, plane, train?

Also you forgot about the references to these vehicles in the World War Z movie.

First escape in a movie was done by helicopter, then they have temporary base of command on a big navy ship. Next they used air-plane.
We can agree here that we disagree here.

Bottom line is that I would like World War Z game to become its own franchise, that is unique and have it's own style and not become a direct 'Left 4 Dead 2' clone.
I played plenty of 'Left 4 Dead 2' and I don't need another game which is exactly like that.
Also going back to lobby is nothing unusual in games, especially when you can choose player Classes and upgrade stuff in lobby between chapter.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.