The SVD needs to be made Marksman only and removed from the Advisor

Mildly put, the SVD is an incredibly powerful gun that's far too widely available in the game. This has a negative effect on balance as an excessive number of players run around with what amounts to a gun that has good rate of fire combined with the ability to one shot players.

Furthermore, the SVD being available to the advisor also cheapens the marksman class, since their best gun is handed out to another class.

It also lowers the value of armour, since it substantially increases the number of players who can one shot through it.

Solution: I would therefore suggest that the SVD be removed from the advisor class and be made exclusive to the marksman class (something that should be the case for all powerful marksman weapons in the future). The insurgent advisor could be compensated by adding in some other gun, such as the G36 or the M4 at a lower price instead.

I kinda agree but imo the only reason this is a problem is because all of the other guns are too weak.

@turyl
Buff all the other guns so the kill in 1 shot? Sounds good

last edited by Slazenger

@slazenger It would kinda nullify the SVD, but I'm actually starting to turn around on this idea. Currently, the SVD is the only gun in Sandstorm that actually feels like an Ins2014 firearm.

@cool_lad said in The SVD needs to be made Marksman only and removed from the Advisor:

Mildly put, the SVD is an incredibly powerful gun that's far too widely available in the game. This has a negative effect on balance as an excessive number of players run around with what amounts to a gun that has a good rate of fire combined with the ability to one-shot players.

Again, the only Ins2014 gun in the game lol. I wouldn't say it's OP; just that again, everything else is shit by comparison.

@cool_lad said in The SVD needs to be made Marksman only and removed from the Advisor:

Furthermore, the SVD being available to the advisor also cheapens the marksman class, since their best gun is handed out to another class.

I feel like the SVD in the Advisor class is just a placeholder since his only unique gun at the moment is the Alpha AK. I'd love an ASVAL or VSS to just replace the SVD.

It also lowers the value of armour, since it substantially increases the number of players who can one shot through it.

Armor's already basically useless, although on Security there's even less reason to grab Heavy Armor unless there's a lot of FALs.

The insurgent advisor could be compensated by adding in some other gun, such as the G36 or the M4 at a lower price instead.

Again, hoping for an ASVAL instead or something lol. I believe Mikee's talked about this on-stream.

last edited by MarksmanMax