Another preview article

https://wccftech.com/mudrunner-2-hands-off-preview/

First confirmed russian truck manufacturer.
"First, the number of vehicles has increased with a wide number of licensed makes too, including large names like Caterpillar, Ford and Gaz, to name just a few."

Recovery option by helicopter?
"Fortunately, I was told that there will be recovery options, such as a helicopter, other than coming back with your own vehicle to rescue your stranded truck."

Another confirmation about maps being up to 4x larger.
"The one map shown during the event was said to be four times larger than that found in Mudrunner"

Multiple surfaces withing one map. (hoping for some mountain peak roads covered in snow)
"The most important feature is the fact that these maps will also feature different types of surfaces."

Edit: Found one more: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming/773176/MudRunner-2-Gameplay-Preview-Release-Date-Consoles

last edited by Grandy

This is the best article so far.
I got this:
"so carrying a load of bricks is going to have you sink into some soft mud a lot more than a load of pillows would"
-I was kind of hopping that but is nice to have a confirmation.

"with there being multiple maps to travel to"
-I'm drawing in my mind how they are going to make the world. You won't choose maps (at least not in the campaingn mode) instead you will travel across them as it is one big world with different locations you can travel to.

"How you change your vehicle can, and will, directly impact the routes you can travel"
-Cool! so customization will not only be an aestethical thing. it'll now affect performance.

"but from speaking to the developers at the event, they have gone into painstaking detail, particularly around the physics and driving offroad, bringing in experts"
-This is promessing 😃

@Grandy thanks for sharing!

@deathcoreboy1 said in Another preview article:

"with there being multiple maps to travel to"
-I'm drawing in my mind how they are going to make the world. You won't choose maps (at least not in the campaingn mode) instead you will travel across them as it is one big world with different locations you can travel to.

From the top of my head, it reminds me Stalker game(s): Through certain point on a border you can "fast-travel" into certain point on border of different map/location.
It is kinda "oldschool" approach and not a thing that people are used to since Witcher 3, but I think that might work well in this case...

@sodoma yeah, considering the fact that this game engine is not gonna be enough to run a whole open world, I'm ok with this approach, as long as they make it so it makes sense.

@deathcoreboy1 As a game mechanic it seems reasonable, rest is question of level design and that is relatively easy to manage 😉

Quite a good article. Looks like there is no mention of the Switch though, at least not yet. So start putting a few bucks in your savings Switch players, you might need to pick up a PC, XO, or PS4.

@justinlynch3 my PC is ready to go for MR2 playin'

@zamal Are you sure? So far, HW requirements are not mentioned 🙂

first when i heard this idea being pitched of 1 huge map with currency and upgrades i was really pessimistic, but reading this article and hearing ur guys outlook on how those things could play out in gameplay, actually is giving me good vibes...

maybe its not so bad having currency and upgradable trucks after all.

@sodoma said in Another preview article:

@zamal Are you sure? So far, HW requirements are not mentioned 🙂

yes mate im playing latest metro and witcher on ultra, i think ill be fine with MR2

last edited by zamal

@zamal said in Another preview article:

@justinlynch3 my PC is ready to go for MR2 playin'

Same here. I'm playing all current games in ultra. I have a 1080p monitor though. But I'm quite sure that MR2 is not gonna be an issue for my babe 🙂

@zamal I don't want to break your impression, but with a bit more physic this title can force a different kind of load to your battlestation than Geralt & gang...

@sodoma you sure about that? a mudrunner game? i dont want to gloat but it could handle Besiege back in a day fine and iv
immensely upgraded it since then

last edited by zamal

@zamal Of course I am not 😃 I am not educated at "computer studies" so there are definitely a better people to discuss this topic.
My point is kinda simple:
I live with the idea of "awesome graphic equals GPU load and complex physic equals CPU load"
In general, games are more about graphic (at least I see it so), but ST, MR and presumably MR2 are more about into physic. Based on that, I presume that this title loads PC in different way so idea of "it handled this and that perfectly so I am fine for sure" is a bit misleading.
On the other hand, MR2 being announced for consoles too and consoles have still the same specs, we can asume that specs for MR2 Will not change a lot from specs of current title.
And other thing is, that I have absolutely no idea what kind of beast you have on/under/behind/neraby your table so I was just teasing you, because you technically can't be 100% sure about the thing, because Devs are not sure about what HW will be needed. Or at least they haven't told us yet...

Sorry for OT 🙂

From what's been said Mudrunner 1 is not very demanding, and consoles could honestly run it pretty easily in all likelihood. They could probably push Mudrunner 2 quite a lot before it starts to really push console, let alone PC's.

Exactly as said above. Mudrunner is not a demanding game, even if they overhaul the game engine (and they are for sure) I don't think requirements will go much higher.

Fun fact, I even ran original spintires on a 2 Watt processor with integrated graphics inside a 7" windows tablet. 😆

Youtube Video

@sodoma dude thats why i specifically said Besiege which was game basically about physics and it handled it just fine

• im thinking to get radeon RX 580 this summer and run it only for physics so my other card doesnt have to struggle
  • as many people have stated above this isnt demanding engine and even improved upon wont require double rtx2080 with i9 and 32gig ram so...........

im no less than 100% thankfully

@zamal @Sodoma This is a screenshot of my system runing mudrunner on highest settings;

0_1556065559045_Sin título.jpg

I don't see MR2 being able to consume the rest of my CPU, GPU or RAM. BTW, it's running from the drive G: which is an NVMe SSD.