World War Z - First Bug Fix Update

Hello, Survivors,

We’re really thankful for your continuous support since the release of World War Z. We’ve been and will keep paying attention to all feedback on Twitter, Facebook, Discord and our official forums.

Today, we’re happy to roll out a patch on all 3 platforms, which addresses some of the most urgent issues. Please continue to give us any feedback you may have regarding the changes.

You can find the patch notes below.

PS4 and Xbox One Patch Notes

Stability:

• Fixed an issue that caused save file corruption.
  • Fixed an issue with save backups restoring saves with 0 progression.
  • Fixed a large number of connectivity, matchmaking and party system issues.
  • Fixed a large number of gameplay crashes.
  • Fixed a large number of gameplay bugs that caused inability to progress in levels.

Gameplay:

• You will now only gain XP toward weapon upgrades if you have purchased the prior upgrade for that weapon, i.e. level two must be purchased to be able to gain XP toward level 3.
  • Fixed an issue that caused excessive aim assist in PvPvZ.
  • Reduced Compact Shotgun damage in PvPvZ.
  • Increased cooldown of “Please Stand Up” perk to 60 seconds.
  • Marking items will now display its icon for your teammates.
  • Reduced AI bots effectiveness especially on easy and normal difficulties.
  • Increased objective timer to save friendly NPCs to 60 seconds on easy and normal difficulties.

UI:

• Minor fixes in UI and localization.

Trophies/Achievements:

• Fixed an issue with “Strong immunity”, “High caution” and “The most effective way” trophies/achievements, which caused the goals to fail if you have failed them once during one game session.
  • Fixed an issue with the “Sport kills” trophy/achievement, which was harder than intended to get.

PC Patch Notes

Stability:

• Fixed a large number of connectivity, matchmaking and party system issues.
  • Fixed a large number of gameplay crashes.
  • Fixed a large number of gameplay bugs that caused inability to progress in levels.

Performance:

• Improved performance for both Vulkan and DirectX .
  • Game will now default to Vulkan on high end AMD GPUs.
  • Game will now revert to DirectX if player has outdated Vulkan drivers.

Gameplay:

• You will now only gain XP toward weapon upgrades if you have purchased the prior upgrade for that weapon, i.e. level two must be purchased to be able to gain XP toward level 3.
  • Fixed an issue that caused excessive aim assist in PvPvZ.
  • Reduced Compact Shotgun damage in PvPvZ.
  • Increased cooldown of “Please Stand Up” perk to 60 seconds.
  • Marking items will now display its icon for your teammates.
  • Reduced AI bots effectiveness especially on easy and normal difficulties.
  • Increased objective timer to save friendly NPCs to 60 seconds on easy and normal difficulties.

UI:

• Minor fixes in UI and localization.
  • Fixed issue with friend list not working for some of the players.
last edited by WWZ_Game_Help

Do you have an update on a patch for the lobo DLC not counting weapon XP??

@chaton said in World War Z - Patch 1.0.3 (PS4):

Fixed a large number of connectivity, matchmaking and party system issues.

Is the lack of private lobbies one of these issues by any chance? 😇

@chaton said in World War Z - Patch 1.0.3 (PS4):

Gameplay:

This will make the game a lot more grindy. Good that I have almost every weapon at level 5.
I did not buy all the weapon upgrades thought.

Will the patch reset my progress for the weapon if I have level 5 weapon unlocked but only level 2 upgrade purchased?

@deadlock_ It was neccesary to do something along those lines because before there was absolutley no reason to purchase upgrades 2-4 because they were a waste. I like that they made it a little more grindy. Once I am able to sink my teeth into this game I will enjoy it, I see myself playing this for years to come as long as there is always something to work towards, L4D didn't have that and I was playing it again just last week lol

@deadlock_ said in World War Z - Patch 1.0.3 (PS4):

Will the patch reset my progress for the weapon if I have level 5 weapon unlocked but only level 2 upgrade purchased?

@MOCAPVET On twitter has confirmed that you will not lose progress you have already made, Just new people will have a slightly harder time with it, the little bit I have played of this game had me feeling like progression was WAY too fast.

when are you going to return our things ?.

because it was not our fault. My friend is level 83 and I am level 0. I am supposed to be at the same level as him.
that's make so mad. that's not fair. i want my refund if you not returning what is mine

@a-25phoenix It is extremely unlikely they will be restoring save files as these are saved locally not on their servers.

you had to put everybody's weapons level 1, to make it fair for everyone. my friend is no longer necessary to worry about that, because he almost has all the weapons level 5. and what about us?. It is not our fault that we lost our progress. almost all my weapons was level 5

I appreciate the update, but please do it fair

@rehzix84 for that reason I will not play anymore, because it doesn't make sense to go far, and then lose everything.

I wasted my money for nothing.

Private lobbies? Pleeeeeassee? That is the only update I care about. Game can crash all day for all I care -- so long as I can play with my friend in a secluded lobby lol.

@shealio said in World War Z - Patch 1.0.3 (PS4):

Private lobbies? Pleeeeeassee? That is the only update I care about. Game can crash all day for all I care -- so long as I can play with my friend in a secluded lobby lol.

AMEN!!

HELLO IF ANYONE CAN HELP just got done downloading the patch but I’m still disconnecting from co op campaigns and now it’s sais lost connection online features will not be available can anyone help I’m on PLAYSTION4.

It’s getting really annoying and pathetic at this point on ps4 I keep crashing during co op gameplay and it’s telling me lost connection online features will not be available and this is all after the patch🤦🏾♂🤦🏾♂🤦🏾♂🤦🏾♂🤦🏾♂🤦🏾♂🤦🏾♂🤦🏾♂🤦🏾♂🤦🏾♂🤦🏾♂🤦🏾♂🤦🏾♂🤦🏾♂🤦🏾♂🤦🏾♂🤦🏾♂🤦🏾♂🤦🏾♂

My weapons are not leveling anymore. 0EP (PS4)
HELP

I really hate what you’ve done to the compact shotgun .....

I think that they abandon these posts after they make them, they rarely answer any questions. When I ask about private lobbies ANY kind of answer other than 'looking into it' would be greatly appreciated. Can you guys tell us WHY its taking so long to implement this feature? Is it a problem were you have to rewrite all of the network code? I am no expert by any stretch of the imagination, I will happily pay for my own server if that is the issue, but I'm sure that all of this is falling on deaf ears but I desperately want to play this game privately with the people I choose and I can't understand why this feature wasn't available at launch. Like I said before, ANY FEEDBACK, would be welcome, But then again i'm talking to the wall so I may as well just shut up and wait for 'SOON'.

Seems like your "fix" for crashes hasn't fully worked on PS4. Tried MP Swarm Dom and it still crashes to blue screen error while trying to load maps sometimes. Luckily I didn't lose all my data again but still going to avoid MP for now. So disappointed 😭

When i get my progression back Or are you givin something free the People for losed progressions?

So bought this game for PS4 2 days ago with a friend and to my surprise we had to play with two other randoms as there were no private lobbies, shocking. With this new patch at 15 gb we got our hopes up, but nope still no private lobbies, shocking.

Putting this game on hold until this is fixed.