Some notes after playing the new DLC Rocky Hills

i just got the update, download now, dose this mean when its done i can play the new map. im on the east coast

@diggydog no fuel station by the lumber yard, plus did they change some of the color? Speed signs are now yellow. And maps have some color to them... Water for sure.

last edited by Wiatowski

One more thing no utility attachment for trucks... Just semi trialer and or utility trailer... At least for the WS and FLD 120.

Honestly very disappointed how there is no garages in this map. I love the design and idea of it, definitely want more but really?

i'm guessing this new map layout is for new people?

Well, my first play-through didn't even spawn enough loaded trailers to complete it... I only got 3, so now I guess I'll try again and see what happens.

So I finally got to play Rocky Hills last night......

Pros:

• The map is really nice

• The new pick up is a beast probably the best scout truck and honestly better some of the big trucks. It's an 8x8 in a 4x4 body

Cons:

• The map is too easy as I 1 starred it in less than 2 hours on hardcore on my first attempt at the map.

• There was no need or for that matter use of the big truck or it's trailers on the map.

• With no garage or log kiosks now what???? I can't try it with any other trucks, so it has no repeat playability.

• I did it with just 1 truck, refueled once as I was going by the fueling station, so I missed the setting up challenge of the game. I mean even the trailers are pre loaded! In Hardcore!

So my review is that while this map is beautiful and the one truck I used is nice, I probably won't play the map ever again as there is no challenge to it. After all that's the draw for most of us to this game. Plus I am limited to only using and needing a single 2 point per load truck.

So if this get to the Dev's; thank you for the DLC but please fix this and make it a proper mudrunner map. A map that with just a few changes could be one of the best maps to date.

Edit - P.S. The change on Grizzly Creek of removing the one fuel station was brilliant and has upped the difficulty of the map. Thanks

last edited by Wiatowski

I agree with Wiatowski

@wiatowski mount logmore has hella more trails now too

Good map indeed and I also agree that limiting maps to only having loaded carts (there was also the 'Desert' on workshop with loaded trailers but for trucks) and/or no garages limits their potential.

Ideally for each map we could change a few options to have more flexibility:

-choose the amount of lumber points per mill ( 8 - 12 -16);
-choose whether we have lumber kiosks, scavenge or preloaded trailers;
-choose whether we have garages enabled or not and how many in maps with multiple garages;

I feel that these options would greatly increase the replay value and we wouldn't need to change to a specific map if we wanted a specific way to play.

LMAO at the horn sound on the GMC. Big ole honkin' air horns on the truck, sounds like a car horn. Lame as hell, like the whole DLC.

@jayson said in Some notes after playing the new DLC Rocky Hills:

@wiatowski mount logmore has hella more trails now too

Wait can others confirm this that new trails was added to Mount Logmore?

To all modders here who have Pickups and small Trucks on there Steamworkshop.
Please could you update your Mods so that we can haul the small loaded log trailer?
Would be a nice addon an we could finish the the map with our favourite trucks.

Would really appreciate it. THANKS

MudRunner 2 is coming so I think this DLC has been created for speaking about MudRunner on the web and social networks for continuous speaking about it. So don't expect a great DLC or MAPS because MR is a closed project. Nox Vidmate VLC

last edited by touxherts

@touxherts I suspect it was also made to encourage people who haven't bought the AW DLC to buy it, by giving them a taste of AW with this DLC and making them want more. I already had AW but I admit that this little DLC did rekindle my interest in MR a little bit, even though this map was short, but it made me want to replay the AW maps with the new DLC vehicles. But what also helped rekindle my interest is finding a way to make the mud better, as I mentioned in the other thread.