Free DLC Old-Timers Out Today!

0_1556551917432_MudRunner_Old-timers_04.jpg

Hello MudRunners!

Rev-up your nostalgia with MudRunner: Old-timers, the latest free DLC pack for the world’s ultimate off-road experience. This is Mudrunner’s third free DLC, and we can’t wait for you all to get your wheels dirty with a new map, new vehicles, and brand new add-ons!

Old-timers releases today for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Switch players everywhere. Two vintage vehicles, one with two unique new add-ons, combine with the new Rocky Hills map to give you new reasons to jump back into MudRunner.

Youtube Video

Included is the Chevrolet NAPCO 3100, a 1957 model by General Motors with minor modern updates to make it able to handle MudRunner’s treacherous fields. Compatible with a number of existing add-ons, it also brings two new ones: a loaded log cart and a scout trailer that are both exclusive to the new Rocky Hills map.

0_1556551868079_MudRunner-Oldtimers_Cards_1024x512.png

Also in this update is the GMC DW950, a short-hooded truck from the ‘50s designed for logging expeditions. It works with a number of add-ons from the base game and American Wilds expansion. Though both of these trucks originate from the US and are officially licensed, the Old-timers DLC will not require the American Wilds expansion to install.

0_1556551875079_MudRunner-Oldtimers_Cards_1024x512_01.png

The US-based Rocky Hills is a more challenging than normal map, giving all you MudRunner veterans out there a new height to aim for in a new style of gameplay - this map has no garage and an off-road climbing puzzle is the main feature.

We’re delighted to bring you all more content and additions to the game, free of charge, as we build up to the release of MudRunner 2 in the coming year. More news and information about MudRunner 2 will be revealed soon, so stay tuned.

MudRunner and MudRunner: American Wilds are available now for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. The Old-timers DLC pack is also available for free today.

last edited by Jellyfoosh

Não está aparecendo na PlayStation Store e o conteúdo dentro do jogo precionando triângulo não o conteúdo está não disponível

Please give us the patch notes to the update and thank you very much. Very cool map

@jellyfoosh said in Free DLC Old-Timers Out Today!:

Included is the Chevrolet NAPCO 3100, a 1957 model by General Motors with minor modern updates to make it able to handle MudRunner’s treacherous fields. Compatible with a number of existing add-ons, it also brings two new ones: a loaded log cart and a scout trailer that are both exclusive to the new Rocky Hills map.

This is wrong, the scout trailer isn't exclusive to the new map, I was playing with it on others earlier.

Also, please give us DETAILED, COMPLETE patch notes. There were unmentioned things (including the map changes) and very vague things in previous patch notes, and that isn't helpful.

Why I can get it to come up on my system,it says it been added but it's not showing on my system,what should I do#AthensGa

I think this thread needs a new title. How about Free DLC Old-Timers out Today, sometime, maybe, not really sure but keep your fingers crossed, we will see"

The new map is a cool new challenge and it's free too, so thanks. But one of my loaded log carts got its wheel stuck inside a large boulder on the central creek of the map and is completely unrecoverable. The axle just stretches out like spaghetti while the wheel remains stuck inside the boulder's geometry. Bit frustrating. Guess it can be abandoned as there are still 4 other carts available.

i am happy that the issue i was having with the brakes and force accel (cruise control) has been fixed. i now have working brakes. 😀

will have to get a bit more time in to really check it out, but so far normal driving and logging no problems. seems to be working fine. however i am curious to see how well it performs wheeling/trails. 🤔

thank you fixing this issue, took a little while (1 1/2yrs), but thank you. 😉

last edited by A Former User

I also want patch notes. But with or without them, I'll take a look at the update tonight. I'm quite curious about what got fixed, but I'm not expecting much.

I played a bit with the new map. Here are my impressions:

• It's a good map in design with plenty of hill climbing. Overall it's not that difficult though there are a few tricky bits. That being said the fact that you don't have a garage and instead you need to find and deliver 4 small log carts to one lumber mill means that it's a short map. With some fumbling I got around to it in about 1 hour and 43 minutes;

• The trucks are good (is the Chevy supposed to be FWD when not in 4x4?), though in my play-through I didn't really need to use the GMC much on this new map. Initially I was surprised to see it's only one star as compared to the other 4x6 USA trucks, but for this one the diff lock is not permanent so it needs manual engaging;

• The F150 now has a front driveshaft. Hurray;

• The USA cranes still have no lights. Not hurray;

• Texture degradation still occurs, it's just a matter of how much you play a certain map. Also switching from a map to the proving grounds or simply exiting to the menu and returning increases the changes of it to trigger. I also noticed that once it triggers if you come back to that map in a new game then all visual representation of damage on trucks is gone. The damage still remains as points, but the trucks look completely undamaged. Most definitely not hurray;

• The automatic transmission is still finicky and (almost) always shifts to 1st. The only way it doesn't do that is if you get an empty truck and coast on level pavement and even then it's 5-4-3-2-1 in as many seconds and then you're back to 1st. The original Spintires (with the new beta) does this better;

All in all I like the expansion, and it's good that some bugs also got fixed, but the main disappointment is that the more serious of issues still remain after many months. We already have a way of introducing mods to the game. These free DLCs are most welcome but not if they take away dev effort on fixing bugs. The focus should be on fixing the game first and then DLCs as second. Since these DLCs are free it's even more baffling as to why they take precedence over bug fixing.

last edited by XenoRad

No patch notes again?!

The map is decent, as is the Chevy, but no garage is ridiculous and no manual loading sucks. I get the need to appeal to the crowd but I don't see why we can't have options.

@xenorad What about the Chevy Bison, is it still missing the front suspension model? Any improvements in mud, visually or physics-wise?

@unster said in Free DLC Old-Timers Out Today!:

@xenorad What about the Chevy Bison, is it still missing the front suspension model? Any improvements in mud, visually or physics-wise?

The Bison looks unchanged. So does the Western Star with the missing front half-shafts. I didn't notice a change in the mud. The streetlights still remain on throughout the day and logs still do not collide with trees.

Looks like most issues already reported remain.

last edited by XenoRad

The hummer is less fragile now as well. It’s so much better

@xenorad said in Free DLC Old-Timers Out Today!:

• The F150 now has a front driveshaft. Hurray

No way, unbelievable they managed to fix this.;)

Lots of nice things to say about this DLC, great map. The front wheel drive pickup is a little weird, but it might make the "driving with handbrake engaged" achievement more attainable for some...

I have one fairly heartbreaking disappointment to gripe about... The B6A cannot pull loaded log carts.

Edit: Ok, even the A-969 and A-469 can pull the log carts...

Edit: Update, every scout vehicle except my beloved B6A can pull the logs... it's just the little tractor that can't.

last edited by grubdumpling

Hi,

New old timer dlc is not good.
Reason.
trees can't drive by truck and Garage can't get carry stuff.

Or Traditional game system better.
in the old way to play and do is more !

Good.
the map itself

I hope next time come back
Garage transportand Get Truck Parts
truck is driven by trees
free world
rock map.

Still mudrunner best Off-Road game, Thanks.

i know this was the last update/DLC for the game, but there seems to be some serious slacking on this one. i also feel no real need to even say why, since everyone else above has basicly hit the nail on the head. one last DLC before the new game i like, only a person would like to think they would maybe try and give us something a bit more rewarding and worth the effort for the games "one last hoorah".

napco? way to over powered, that thing needs a serious nerfing.

GMC? i have no opinion yet since i have not driven it. i shut the game off before getting to it because i was disappointed with this.

map? looks good, in fact one of the best stockers yet. i hesitate to consider it the best since it is lacking in content (garage lumber/kiosk to help make the map more replayable).

updates and fixes? i know there is some of the update i am fully happy with, but have not looked into it all (patch notes are needed).

overall focus did ok with part of this DLC and update, but yet dropped the ball with the other half. pretty badly as well imo.

@slowoffroad said in Free DLC Old-Timers Out Today!:

Hi,

New old timer dlc is not good.
Reason.
trees can't drive by truck and Garage can't get carry stuff.

Or Traditional game system better.
in the old way to play and do is more !

Good.
the map itself

I hope next time come back
Garage transportand Get Truck Parts
truck is driven by trees
free world
rock map.

Still mudrunner best Off-Road game, Thanks.

Couldn't get a sentence from this. I mean "truck is driven by trees"?? I'm sure he did not want to say that.

guys C-4320 is back to being creamy color again, YES i really didnt like when they changed it to green like other trucks!