Fun game, poorly polished and really annoying at times

I would like to start off by saying that I do enjoy the core gameplay of WWZ, however there are many aspects of the game that were done very poorly or not done at all. The first thing I would like to draw attention to is player mechanics. The sprinting is god awful, you would think that in a zombie apocalypse the player would run much faster. The stamina of all characters is terrible, its like every character has been a heavy smoker for 20 years and has the fitness level of an infant. Another aspect that needs desperate work is that the player can't jump, there are only certain objects that the player can vault over. This is ridiculous when the player is running down a street and they can't even jump on or over a car. These are things I would come to expect to be included in this type game.
The second thing I want to bring attention to is the special zombies. Having 2 zombies that pin you down so that the player can't get up with out help is annoying. It makes sense to need help when being grabbed by the Bull, but the player should at least have the chance to fight of the Lurker.
The third thing I'd like to address is the weapon system. The weapon system is absolute rubbish. There is little to do in terms of weapon customization. All the player can do to customize their weapons are pick which configurations they want for that weapon. Again in a game such as this I expected a level of customization to be like Battlefield or call of duty; maybe not quite that level but something similar. There is also the issue of only 2 primary and secondary weapon options for the player, the player must also unlock the weapons through playing. This is the only good thing about the weapon system and they only implemented 1 other option for the player to choose, more choices equals more fun and equals more time playing the game. I understand that the player can find other, better weapons on the map, but it's more annoying then fun. I like the idea of finding weapons scattered around the map but it should not be the primary way for the player to get a better gun. Leveling up to unlock guns and leveling guns to unlock attachments is fun, its a good system that has been proven to keep player interest and increase the amount of time people play.
I also feel the classes need some work, I find them very unsatisfying and was hoping for more.
I'm gonna stop talking now, if you've read this far thanks for caring a little.
Again I do currently enjoy the game, I have fun when playing but after a while my friends and I (and other players I've talked to) start to get really annoyed and mad and the game to the point where we aren't having fun. And it is mostly due to the reasons I listed above. Unless something is done I don't see the game lasting very long, at least with my friends and other players I have talked to.
It is really fun and super annoying.
Thanks again for reading.

No, you don't need a chance to fight away the lurker, it's already easy to spot and kill. Also it's a team base game, that's what co-op means, i cannot imagine you playing L4D if you're complaining about one special zombie that inmovilizes you lol.

The only thing this game needs to keep it alive, is just more content. The campaign as it is, it's way too short.

As for the vault over certain objects i believe is already being talked, i want to believe there wont be a freaking jumping button but just an option to vault over the cars and small walls.

No, you don't need to level up to get guns, that would be dumb idea for this type of game. May work for games like COD or such, but not this.

last edited by missabbyxz

@arbiterhexus said in Fun game, poorly polished and really annoying at times:

The sprinting is god awful, you would think that in a zombie apocalypse the player would run much faster.

I think for the sake of balance it feels just right.

The stamina of all characters is terrible, its like every character has been a heavy smoker for 20 years and has the fitness level of an infant

Again, I think for balance purposes it's just right. How would you have it in comparison?

Another aspect that needs desperate work is that the player can't jump, there are only certain objects that the player can vault over.

I agree that the player should be able to vault over all low obstacles. At the moment only certain objects can be jumped over and it feels very inconsistent. As for jumping, it's completely unnecessary as long as you can vault over objects.

Having 2 zombies that pin you down so that the player can't get up with out help is annoying.

It's a cooperative game, so this is deliberate in the design. If you are skilled you can usually take down the lurker before he can pounce you.

The weapon system is absolute rubbish

I agree that it's a bit basic. Being able to add different components individually would be far cooler. I too thought it'd be more involved than it turned out to be.

I half agree with the stamina thing. It's really painful to trot like a grandma when there are NO zekes around. However, it is necessary to not be able to sprint as long as we want when there ARE zekes around.

There is a skill (I don't remember which one) that activates when there is a certain amount of zekes in the area, so that means there already is a built-in AI counter.
Maybe it could be a good idea to add this system for sprinting ? When there is, like, less than 10 zekes in the area, you're allowed to sprint as much as you want, but the stamina system becomes effective when there are more than that.

What do you think ?

(Also, I agree that there should be a bit more vault options, but not a jumping system, please, not that. It's not an FPS, you have no need to jump.)

last edited by Arkadeivitch

@arkadeivitch

But in pvp it should always its fine as it is i guess, makes it also more fun to chase people.

@arkadeivitch

Maybe it could be a good idea to add this system for sprinting ? When there is, like, less than 10 zekes in the area, you're allowed to sprint as much as you want, but the stamina system becomes effective when there are more than that.

That might not be a bad idea, as long as it's balanced properly as to not be able to just rush through maps.

@dieboard said in Fun game, poorly polished and really annoying at times:

@arkadeivitch

But in pvp it should always its fine as it is i guess, makes it also more fun to chase people.

Of course I was talking about PvE only.

I agree with the whole movement thing and jumping. Just feels a bit clunky to me. I realize it's a zombie game though and the movement has to be a little different to add to the drama.

I'm used to playing Uncharted 2, 3 and 4 online and personally feel like that game is the staple for third-person shooting games. It's not perfect by any means but have had a blast playing those games.

WWZ is pretty good but still feel like the movement could be a little more fluid. And I'd like to see a little more jumping/climbing ability. I keep feeling like there's things I should be able to get up on and can't. Yet these zombies can climb up anywhere.