World War Z - Post-launch Free Content Roadmap

New Tokyo Mission, Enemy Zombie Type, Six-Skull Difficulty Setting, Weekly Challenge Mode and More Arriving Soon!

We just announced the first phase of our post-launch content roadmap for World War Z. After celebrating more than 1 million units sold in its first week of launch on PS4, Xbox One, and Windows PC via the Epic Games Store, our team is moving forward to deliver new gameplay, features and improvements to the game month to month:

alt text

• In May, a brand-new mission set in Tokyo will drop alongside a terrifying zombie type that spits a deadly virus and can resurrect if not properly dispatched.

• June will bring a new six-skull difficulty setting with a unique reward, as well as bonus cosmetics and more.

• In July, survivors will discover the new Weekly Challenge mode, plus additional cosmetics and other goodies.

Other major upgrades in development for further free updates include a wave-based survival mode, private lobbies, the ability to switch classes during PvPvZ matches, field of view (FOV) and level of detail sliders on PC, and more. Stay tuned to learn more about our upcoming updates!

last edited by Raibi

How much longer are you guys going to make us wait for private lobbies?! I have barely played the game because I bought 2 copies for me and my GF to play together and not have random people either sabotage our game or take it over and just kill zombies at the end instead of letting us finish. This game is UNPLAYABLE for me right now. PLEASE give us an ETA on private lobbies PLEASE, I am actually begging you PLEASE!!!!!

Thank you!

last edited by REHZIX84

When are you guys going to FIX the PC friends list, All this is great but without friends this means nothing to me.

I bought the game for me and my GF too, and everytime we try to play together we enter someone else lobby, with the mission almost done, we dont see any cutscene and we miss the story, can you please put a private/friends only option, so people like me can enjoy the game with friends, we really want to play the story together, and we are not playing the game currently waiting for you guys to add this Option. Hope you guys the best, and we really like the game, we are just waiting for this to enjoy the game together. Thanks for your work!

@rehzix84 said in World War Z - Post-launch Free Content Roadmap:

How much longer are you guys going to make us wait for private lobbies?! I have barely played the game because I bought 2 copies for me and my GF to play together and not have random people either sabotage our game or take it over and just kill zombies at the end instead of letting us finish. This game is UNPLAYABLE for me right now. PLEASE give us an ETA on private lobbies PLEASE, I am actually begging you PLEASE!!!!!

Alot of backend shit has to happen for private lobs; Just give em some time, its been what, 2 weeks? Been an Early Access Slub for sometime now, having some understanding of how that shit works, it takes alot of time to put in features like that.

I would like to see in the end saving in the cloud (Not convenient if you play from two different places), a closed lobby in which you can play only with friends, setting number of corpses (It is not very interesting that the corpses disappear and the results of their work are not visible)
I apologize for Google translator.

I understand it takes time, but frankly this should have been implemented before launch. If Robot roller-derby Disco dodge ball (1 man DEV) can do it then i'm sure that the team of people who have made millions of dollars off of this game can hire some extra help to get this stuff implemented more quickly.

Will the trophy to beat it on the hardest difficulty still be just this current one once that update kicks in with "extreme"?

Also + will the new Tokyo mission apply to beating it on insane?

is there an specific date for those releases? may/june/july sounds a little bit vague.

btw, good job Saber!

Private lobbies is good but anything on dedicated regional servers like in australia?. Please, they are desperately needed!

last edited by oce

@raibi

Will cosmetics be purchasable via in-game currency or awarded as challenge reward?
Will cosmetics require real money transactions to obtain?

Any plans for bigger, paid DLCs? I would love to see a new Episode with 3 missions, new weapons, it could build up or further explore adventures of already known characters.

Bigger updates DLCs at 10$ or 15$ would be great to have.

@drunkgamer read the patch notes, it's supposed to be fixed with this update.

@thedijinn private lobbies are something they are planning to implement soon.

Very excited for this, I hope 6th difficulty is a 1hit death, extreme hardcore mode, any damage you take is an instant death. That be interesting.

@deadlock_ would second for paid DLC if it provided an extra episode 🙂

I saw alot of speed hack

@behroon When will that be!? Game is already about to be a month old and never once played with my friends ( the main reason I bought this game ). What " Co - op" game releases with a major issue like that? I go to school for programming and the code for it Isn't very hard. Just me ranting but damn this is unexpectable and us as the consumer shouldn't be like "oh wait they are fixing it, yay" to support laziness.

@behroon said in World War Z - Post-launch Free Content Roadmap:

are something they are planning to implement soon.

SOON is the only 4 letter word that offends me, soon is a relative term, I will be 40 'soon' PS5 will be out 'soon' the sun will explode 'soon'. All that many of us are asking for is a ballpark figure, a few days, a few weeks, anything along those terms would make it so I don't have to haunt WWZ twitter and these forums and wait for some news about a feature that nearly every online game LAUNCHES with. I am so excited to play this game I cannot stand it.