I've made a simple mod that allows using Tyranid titan "Ancient one" in Campaign, outside of special missions. Modded titan has some additional perks and weapons.
- This mod replaces one of the "Hiveship" Battleships with Ancient One - I didn't figure out how to add actual titan to the selection.
- Modded Ancient One has some additional weapons (Great Claws, Tentacles, Bio-torpedoes). These weapons are not visible on the outside - they are hidden inside ship's model, but all do work correctly.
- Modded Ancient One has some of it's perks replaced - "Consumption Cycle" and "No Lightning Strikes" are replaced with "Sensors" and "Bio-regeneration". While original perks are not present, ship still has no boost and no lightning strikes.
- Stats & signature skill (psychic scream) are not changed, except boarding power - it's defined by ship tonnage, and modded Ancient One is technically a battleship. Ramming damage and crit modifiers can be a bit different from the original.
- Original Ancient One shouldn't be changed in way.
Please note note that I didn't playtest whole Tyranid Campaign, something might be broken somewhere.
Also, if you are playign against Tyranids in other campaigns you might encounter this modded Ancient One (since it's a battleship).
Affected files - making a backup of them would be a good idea.
...\Battlefleet Gothic The Cadian Gate\BattlefleetGothic2\Content\Data\UnitSchema\Official\UnitSchemaOfficial.json
...\Battlefleet Gothic The Cadian Gate\BattlefleetGothic2\Content\Data\UnitStats\Official\UnitStatsOfficial.csv
- Add -noEAC to game's launch options in Steam. This will disable EAC and machmade multiplayer.
- Put BattlefleetGothic2 folder from the archive into BFGA folder (Battlefleet Gothic The Cadian Gate), and agree on replacing 2 files.
This mod is not compatible with any other mods that modify ships and stats.
This mod was possible thanks to this thread from @PistonMiner