[Mod] Titan "Ancient One" usable in Tyranid Campaign

alt text
I've made a simple mod that allows using Tyranid titan "Ancient one" in Campaign, outside of special missions. Modded titan has some additional perks and weapons.

• This mod replaces one of the "Hiveship" Battleships with Ancient One - I didn't figure out how to add actual titan to the selection.
  • Modded Ancient One has some additional weapons (Great Claws, Tentacles, Bio-torpedoes). These weapons are not visible on the outside - they are hidden inside ship's model, but all do work correctly.
  • Modded Ancient One has some of it's perks replaced - "Consumption Cycle" and "No Lightning Strikes" are replaced with "Sensors" and "Bio-regeneration". While original perks are not present, ship still has no boost and no lightning strikes.
  • Stats & signature skill (psychic scream) are not changed, except boarding power - it's defined by ship tonnage, and modded Ancient One is technically a battleship. Ramming damage and crit modifiers can be a bit different from the original.
  • Original Ancient One shouldn't be changed in way.

Please note note that I didn't playtest whole Tyranid Campaign, something might be broken somewhere.
Also, if you are playign against Tyranids in other campaigns you might encounter this modded Ancient One (since it's a battleship).

Affected files - making a backup of them would be a good idea.
...\Battlefleet Gothic The Cadian Gate\BattlefleetGothic2\Content\Data\UnitSchema\Official\UnitSchemaOfficial.json
...\Battlefleet Gothic The Cadian Gate\BattlefleetGothic2\Content\Data\UnitStats\Official\UnitStatsOfficial.csv

Download link

Installation

1. Add -noEAC to game's launch options in Steam. This will disable EAC and machmade multiplayer.
  2. Put BattlefleetGothic2 folder from the archive into BFGA folder (Battlefleet Gothic The Cadian Gate), and agree on replacing 2 files.

This mod is not compatible with any other mods that modify ships and stats.

This mod was possible thanks to this thread from @PistonMiner
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/36123/modding-resources

Have fun!

After playing roughly half of tyranid campaign I've learned 2 things.
a) this mod actually works, haven't noticed any issues
b) Titan with ramming damage immunity is extremely OP.

Also, ordnance has a hard time getting back inside, Ancient One must either stop or move in a straight line, otherwise fighters won't come back.

Wouldn't it be better to give the Ancient One as an unique ship like the Gloriana in the Imperial campaign?

@tyran272 said in [Mod] Titan "Ancient One" usable in Tyranid Campaign:

Wouldn't it be better to give the Ancient One as an unique ship like the Gloriana in the Imperial campaign?

It would be much better, however my knowledge about modding this game is not that extensive. I'm not sure, if it's possible to modify campaign to give player a certain ship.