Suggestion : an option to make the gunshots louder

Hi !
The gunshot sounds in this game are of high quality, and I wish I could hear them better especially when I'm shooting. The thing is that it can get bothersome to put the master volume really high, as everything is then way louder. Footsteps, voices, gun handling sounds, you name it...

So... Keeping in mind that not everyone would like to have super loud (or "realistically loud", I should rather say) gunfire sounds, I came up with an idea...

Much like supersampling allows to calculate a bigger image based on your original resolution... Why not create an option to make gunfire sounds stronger ? 1.25x / 1.5x / 1.75 / 2.0x louder than original volume ?

It doesn't even present any particular risk. Yes, you'd hear the guns better, but anyone using base volume would too since they are pretty audible already. If nothing else, it would be an handicap... You wouldn't hear footsteps and voices as well. It's something I'm willing to sacrifice for that additional bit of immersion.

What do you think ?

Having extra sliders in the Audio Settings for different sound sources would help to adjust everyones preferences :

• You want to have louder gunshots

• I would like to have louder ingame Voice over IP sound of my teammates
    Very often i can hardly understand what most of them are talking because all the noise ingame is too loud in comparison:
    hovering helicopter, gunshots, artillery, callouts, etc.

last edited by GSG_9_LIGHTNING

@gsg_9_lightning Would be a totally fair addition too. Never thought about that since I'm mostly a coop or single player.

Just upping, in hope that a dev sees it !

I agree with @GSG_9_LIGHTNING, the simpler way to do this is just to add more discrete volume sliders to Audio Settings. Then you can mix the sound balance around a little better to your liking.

Yup. We need more control on sound balance as a whole.

Any dev thoughts on this ?...

Explosion sounds should also increase with the increase in gunshot volume.

I'm happy with the sounds levels, as is, wearing headphones, but I can understand others wanting options.

last edited by TacShooter

Hello all,

Thank you for the suggestions! They'll be passed on to the team!

Gunshots are ridiculously loud.

@Grumf said in Suggestion : an option to make the gunshots louder:

It doesn't even present any particular risk. Yes, you'd hear the guns better, but anyone using base volume would too since they are pretty audible already. If nothing else, it would be an handicap...

Yeah no bud. This is not a handicap in the slightest. Sure things are louder, but with them being louder, they're wayyy easier to locate. Sure, this would be nice from an audiophile's standpoint or something. But, in reality, this is just a way to kill balance and give players an advantage with some weird, unnecessary, and niche option