the silence is deafening

I know hype trains can slow down and it's their style but the lack of info has derailed the train for me. Anyone else agree there should at least be a little info leak. Even a drip would do lol

Yeah, they should at least show us what they showed to the press. We know that is a work in progress and not ready but still we want to see something...

Since I don't work with Saber or Focus I obviously dunno what their plan is for the release of this stuff, but as someone on the outside this whole thing looks like a pretty silly way to handle things.

First there was the announcement of Mud Runner 2 right as they were getting ready to release AW, which took a bit of attention away from the AW release while accomplishing basically nothing in terms of hype for MR2 as it provided zero information.

Then they have a big reveal event, don't live stream it, don't give us any official write-ups, don't share the screenshots, don't pop into the forums and drop us a little tidbit or a comment or anything. Kinda makes it look like they couldn't care much less about their core community.

Then on top of that, they mostly show off trucks made for driving on asphalt for their game titled Mud Runner 2...

Not sure I see any positive with the way this stuff has been handled so far.

last edited by -Morbid-

Certainly not handled well, which is kind of concerning with Oovee atempting to get back into the swing of things (With their CEO actually active on their forum and communicating, even if the communication is as biased as ever from them).

words out of my mouth!

It is a bit mishandled, but I think that you are missing a point here.
MR2 actually WAS announced just recently. All the thing before AW DLC was actually a "leak" because somebody from community went through some official documents and found mentions there. After that, Focus basically had to admit, that such thing as MR2 is under development.
So yes, I agree that MR2 start/annoucement(s) is/are not done in the best way, on the other hand, I don't think that it goes exactly as Focus planned so is not entirely their fault...

@sodoma theve done this with the announcement of mudrunner 1 and it's dlc. A announcement then nothing much till like a month till release. It's kinda like throwing someone a few matches while the try to traverse a cave only to give them a flashlight once the opening of the cave can be seen.

I'm not ungrateful it's just so frustrating lol I wanna know all the things lol

@sodoma said in the silence is deafening:

It is a bit mishandled, but I think that you are missing a point here.
MR2 actually WAS announced just recently. All the thing before AW DLC was actually a "leak" because somebody from community went through some official documents and found mentions there. After that, Focus basically had to admit, that such thing as MR2 is under development.
So yes, I agree that MR2 start/annoucement(s) is/are not done in the best way, on the other hand, I don't think that it goes exactly as Focus planned so is not entirely their fault...

I have to disagree...they had a press event about the game so is not like it was secret and we managed to find out about it. They even said we will find more after the event , but nothing from them, not even a single post . Just read this , and this about what others saw in the presentation .
I like what they did so far with the game and I'm sure that MR2 is at least 50% better than what we have now , but I don't like how they handled this event thing.
Ok, the game was announced recently , is not that hard to make an official post and let the people know that is still a WIP, but new features were added , and more licenced vehicles , and snow . This is what I want to see , just an official word from them , at least with what happened in the presentation.

last edited by TheDeestroyer

@thedeestroyer
Fact that MR2 will happen is known for IDK something like 6 months or even more. Long before press conference. That is that "leak" I was talking(writing) about.
That press conference was planned point for official revealing of MR2 development. If you think about that as about 1st annoucement, news are not THAT bad.

I agree with you on that official post. I also like to see some informations "directly from the source" but that is a bit problematic.
Sabre do development and because they are busy with that, they outsource "doing of public image" to Focus. Focus runs this forum, deal with Steam and similar things for consoles etc. When the thing of public announcement crossed their path, they (because they are busy or can't write properly) outsource writing articles to the professionals AKA journalists. And those written those articles we all know.
Obvious problem is that each layer of outsourcing brings a "hum" into news and because all those articles are almost copy-paste from my point of view, question is how that press presenation looked like. However, it was exactly that: PRESS presentation. And because of that, it is quite unlikely that Focus will step into the job of professionals (paid?) with its own articles.
If /when they'll need some gameplay presenations on YT, it is likely that they will make some deals with already known youtubers rather than starting their own channels...

@sodoma let's all pray tomcat is left out. He's already opinionated to the point he sees his word as absolute truth. No tomcat, the game shouldn't be about only Jeep and trail ridding. I do find it a bit worrisome that it's looking to be a dumbed down job sim in the mud/snow.

@sodoma said in the silence is deafening:

Fact that MR2 will happen is known for IDK something like 6 months or even more. Long before press conference

yeah it was leaked even before AW release

@sodoma I can see that, but surely it can't be so hard that they can't spare some time to gather up some info for us. At least like a " here we have some of the vehicles and a map.heres it's size next to a mr1 map " type deal

Or even a demo like the press got to see just recorded so we could see it. Again I know they are busy but it would be nice and would at the least satisfy my hunger for info for a little bit

@kingnightshadow Hard? No. It would no doubt be much simpler to skip the whole press event and just publish info via official channels instead, but now they've clearly made a conscious decision to effectively outsource the whole thing to gaming journalists. We probably already know as much about Mudrunner 2 as they would like us to.

We'll see more official info as we get closer to release.

The silence isn't exactly "deafening" since they willingly shared many screen-captures from the event (April 11th), revealing most of the progress made up to date (a couple of new features presented during the event can be found here). Now, what I absolutely don't like about the direction the development team has taken so far is a seemingly all-American environment (I didn't enjoy playing the "American Wilds" expansion at all. Somehow, the trucks all felt quite rubbery, too much asphalt etc.). The original game (Spintires) was set in Russia and ought to be kept there, as that sort of ambiance lies to the very core of this particular game. The planned 25-fold increase on map size is fine with me (it generally takes me 3+ hours to complete a map in the current MudRunner game), although they've got to pay attention it doesn't grow too repetitive. Lastly, I do hope the actually manage to release more detailed information in the coming weeks (months?!), and surprise us with an early-access version of the finished product. Also: "MudRunner 2 will land on consoles and PC later this fiscal year", as of this source). Remains to be found out when their current fiscal year began (April/January)?

@cav00man yes, spintires is Russian. This is mudrunner, a different game of the same genre. I can agree they did to much with paved roads and the scavenge system is annoying, but I enjoy the change of scenery. If you only look at paintings of apples, soon you'll grow tired of apples and want something else. They have to diversify or risk fans leaving the series. Hopefully we won't have to wait to long for mr2

As much as I love MR, it's a very simple and limited game, and there are a lot of things they can do to "diversify" without having to change locales or do a bunch of boring asphalt driving in otherwise useless road trucks.

@morbid said in the silence is deafening:

As much as I love MR, it's a very simple and limited game, and there are a lot of things they can do to "diversify" without having to change locales or do a bunch of boring asphalt driving in otherwise useless road trucks.

I think the diversity in Mudrunner is pretty good. The 6 default game maps largely focused on mud trails and running though bog. The Valley and Ridge DLC's while still muddy added a lot more of a forest trail aspect to things as you had more stuff like fallen tree's/limbs to contend with. American Wilds tried to emulate the life style of a American trucker, which yes does involve a lot of highway travel. And Rocky Hills DLC to me put a lot of focus on hill climbing.

So we have mud trails, forestry trails, highway trails, and mountain trails.

I like al the maps for different reasons even Valley. Honestly Valley is underrated, a lot of people seem to be down on it but that map is gorgeous.

@justinlynch3 I fully agree with you. I also like all the maps and use them fore different purposes. Every one of them takes me to a different gameplay and concept.