MudRunner 2 News Recap

@zamal Yes! Probably not so advanced like FH4 but at least like ETS2.

i know it might not be but i really want these kinda missions in MR 2

Youtube Video

@zamal I wish to see more different types of cargo in terms of gameplay. if it'll be machinery, sand, grain, water, oil or bricks doesn't matter, that is just question of model(s).
But that vid of yours looks quite a lot road-like, so if that will be in MR2, game will be more like ETS/ATS even more (than AW DLC is) and I can't say that I like it...

@sodoma i was talking about this moment here 2:15, way this cargo is loaded up on truck with winch is pretty fun i think and would be cool if more manual loading like this is implemented in MR2 even with bricks and barrels, cause i love manual loading in MR both with K-700 and log crane. i dont want simplified click button done deal...

and ur right huge trailer hauling shown here isnt something i want to become soul of franchise but it wont hurt to have 1 or 2 of those challenge missions, im more of russian hardcore mudding type as well

last edited by zamal

Please give us a short gameplay trailer glimpse or at least a gameplay GIF ๐Ÿ™‚

i know there will be more than just logging in MR2 from the looks of things and is needed, but was just thinking, :Alaska + logging + image search = some cool trucks imo
alt text
alt text
alt text
alt text
alt text
alt text
alt text

will be interesting to see where things really go once MR2 is released.

@8up-local I like that first truck.
Rest seems (once again, sorry) too roadish. Especially 2nd one. with length of its wheelbase, that will have problems on average road in my country, can't even think about leaving tarmac...

@sodoma I think variety is key. I'd love to see all kind of terrains and all kind of trucks so you can pick/tune the correct truck for the correct job.

last edited by deathcoreboy1

@deathcoreboy1 On a one hand, I agree, on the other, try to make something (a PC game for example) completely universal and for everybody and you'll end up with a product that has everything and is really good at nothing...

I hope for the same game in its core with improvements and enhancements, not for competition for ETS/ATS...

@sodoma I did not mean it to make it into ATS or ETS2 or making everybody happy. For me, one of these improvements you mention means to enhance the variety of the world for it to make sense. I find quite boring the default ST & MR maps, (except for AW) because they are a square of nothing. Now, when I think of a map 4x bigger but still be surrounded but same assets everywhere I go... it just makes no sense to me. I'd like to have to go to a small town to a gas station rather than see a randomly placed fuel tank in the middle of nowhere, like the one in "Plains". But I'd also love to have mountains, abandoned buildings and factories, so the exploration element becomes more interesting.

I remember a map I played long ago that I can't remember the name (sad cuz I'd love to play it again) that was based in a Russian small town. You'd spawn on a little base and there were a railyard and an industrial area. Then there was a river and a whole forest. Plenty of mud and broken roads with puddles in it. It was amazing.

The main reason I say this is because I come from a small town myself with a lot of Russian trucks activity due to Sugar cane production, so I kinda know how it is.

@Sodoma said in MudRunner 2 News Recap:

@deathcoreboy1 On a one hand, I agree, on the other, try to make something (a PC game for example) completely universal and for everybody and you'll end up with a product that has everything and is really good at nothing...

I hope for the same game in its core with improvements and enhancements, not for competition for ETS/ATS...

Agree so much that I needed to quote it.

@deathcoreboy1
I see it now.
Maybe that is not exactly "variety", maybe more like "reasonable map design".
I understand, I also like maps those make more sense than standard "you and some trucks in the middle of nowhere".
Some basic infrastructure (falling apart), two villages with broken bridge inbetween them... Yeah, I think we are in sync now ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
But I am curious what maps we'll get.
For example, that 8x8 everybody saw on those very few "leaked" pictures.
My brain simply refuse to admit that as offroad vehicle - it is longer than week before paycheck and that unsupported belly is simply built to be beached...

last edited by Sodoma

Maybe that is not exactly "variety", maybe more like "reasonable map design".

Sorry, English is not my mother language so I might twist things a bit ๐Ÿ™‚ That village we saw in the screenshot of MR2 felt a lot like Far Cry 5 stuff. I've never been in the USA, but I think the FC5 map is amazing.

My brain simply refuse to admit that as offroad vehicle - it is longer than week before paycheck and that unsupported belly is simply built to be beached...

I didn't understand this part.

I think it'll do just fine off road, even IRL. Length doesn't prevent it from being off-road capable. Some Russian monsters are pretty long themselves. Of course it won't be like a little scout vehicle, but it'll do alright.

last edited by Unster

@deathcoreboy1 said in MudRunner 2 News Recap:

Sorry, English is not my mother language so I might twist things a bit

Neither is mine, so don't worry

I didn't understand this part.

That is simple:
Because of this...
Ia.png
...it is easy to get stuck like this...
Ib.png

@Unster
Difference is, that soviet "extra long trucks" have so many wheels, they are basically tracked. It is still problem with turning radius, but chance of getting stucked as described above is reduced...

@Sodoma You're right, I didn't think of the extra wheels. Those certainly would reduce the chance of bottoming out.

@Sodoma ajjรก! probably wont be to useful on uneaven terrain. It's deffinitly offroad capable but more for plain mud... if you know what I mean.

@deathcoreboy1 Exactly what I was thinking too. Offroad capable, but not for crazy trails or rock climbing. Capable enough for what it was designed I'm sure. That kind of vehicle is basically an offroad semi, capable of carrying large loads in muddy or snowy conditions on a relatively flat terrain.

last edited by Unster

Not necessary of crazy trails or rock climbing, but maybe I am thinking about "off road" in wrong way. In my mind it is not "non tarmac surface" but "whatever nature can throw at you" so bumps and horizons are definitely part of it.
Each vehicle need some sort of "road", flat is by my measures just a too much to expect ๐Ÿ™‚

@Sodoma I'm sure that truck can handle a non-flat surface, as long as the bumps and hills aren't too steep. That kind of truck is probably perfect for a muddy Midwest US type of landscape, or a muddy construction site.