SnowRunner News Recap

@deathcoreboy1 man if military trucks arent included in MR2 like this one and hemtt ill be so Disappointed....

alt text

I assume they will be. Spintires/Mudrunner made it's name on retired military trucks, so it makes sense to include them. And since we've heard of at least one Russian brand being confirmed, if American military trucks does fail to make it in, at least a few of the Russian ones should come back.

@justinlynch3
Retired military trucks are used for logging quite normally on the east, based on YT vids so I see that just as accuracy to real life - no promises for military stuff at MR2 whatsoever, US nor any else...

@sodoma said in MudRunner 2 News Recap:

@justinlynch3
Retired military trucks are used for logging quite normally on the east, based on YT vids so I see that just as accuracy to real life - no promises for military stuff at MR2 whatsoever, US nor any else...

I never said they wasn't. But if the Mudrunner team are going to bring back a lot of military vehicles via Russian brands like Gaz, then we it comes to America maybe they just want to use different types of vehicles instead of even more military trucks.

@sodoma yes but mr2 has more diverse objective system, not just logging

last edited by zamal

@zamal so far we are promised to get more types of cargo that might mean more diverse objective system, but not necessarily.
But that doesn't matter: if game will stay grounded IRL (I expect that), we can google what vehicles are used here and there and see.
So far what I've spot on the internet, eastern logging looks kinda as it is in game right now.
In contrast to western approach, that involves more temporary roads and quite road trucks. As we can see with AW DLC, BTW.
So far I've never hit any piece of evidence, that western logging (or cargo delivering of any sort) involves retired military vehicles -> I can't see any reason to expect such thing in MR2. I am not saying that can't happen, I am just saying that I don't see any reason to expect it.
But I can be missing something, so if you know something, please share... 🙂

@sodoma ppl have been asking for military US trucks since and even before AW was released there is no reason of why they woudnt consider adding that in the game, but ur right this is pure speculation

@zamal
Ppl are asking many different things, question is, what kind of "enviroment" are devs aiming for. If such vehicles fit or not. If they do, then question of licensing comes in. I have no idea how it is easy or not to make this kind of deal when US Army is involved.
My ultimate point here is: Don't get hyped by your own wishes or/and speculations, it is likely that you will be dissapointed later. And I don't think that Sabre/Focus deseerves to get criticism because of something that they never promissed in first place...

@sodoma Ho hype here. Just wishing. Military vehicles in america could be added to accomplish other kind of abjectives like Supporting stuck vehicles or doing cistern role. Who knows if there is gonna be a military base in the map somewhere... hahahah

Don't get me wrong, I'm just speculating and I know it hasn't been promised by the devs. With that said, there is no reason to be so negative. Who knows if they read this forum and get the idea from our debate.

Edit: After all, we have a Hummer in AW which seems pretty military to me.

last edited by deathcoreboy1

@deathcoreboy1
wishes from today will appear at some vid on YT tommorow and within a week it is considered as solid promise from DEVs, such things already happened 😃

Hummer H1 was designed as military vehicle, but later was released for civil use (I think that Arnold T800 was involved in it), that might be huge difference.
The other thing is, that H1 is THE iconic offroad vehicle from US all around the world, despite how good or bad it actually is, it appeared many times at movies so licensing might be relatively easy 😉

@sodoma even tho i understand ur approach, i still cant help my self and talk about it here and there.

"Ppl are asking many different things" yes ur right they are and thats how AW and cockpit camera was born and just like working mirrors and snow will be in future. as i said before, thats how we get things done, we ask and prepare our wallets Easy Plan.

they shouldnt get criticized for things they didnt promise, they already have bunch of things to be criticized for that they did promise lol... but at the end of the day if we can encourage them to bring content community is asking for we are victorious and they will be rewarded at the end of it.

and @deathcoreboy1 is 100% right we never know what ideas could be inspired here with our discussion

wishes from today will appear at some vid on YT tommorow and within a week it is considered as solid promise from DEVs, such things already happened

btw could you expand on that? was it tomcat.... hah.. im really curious

@zamal Yeah. I'm passionate about this game and enjoy myself just imagining and researching. I understand @Sodoma 's approach as well, but it seems a little extreme and embittered. No offence intended.

So far I've never hit any piece of evidence, that western logging (or cargo delivering of any sort) involves retired military vehicles -> I can't see any reason to expect such thing in MR2. I am not saying that can't happen, I am just saying that I don't see any reason to expect it.
But I can be missing something, so if you know something, please share... 🙂

I'm not involved in the industry but I live in a heavily forested area and know some people who are and there are some smaller operations around here.

You are right for larger operations, but there are some small operations (like 2 or 3 guy teams) that use some retired military equipment, but that's because they will basically use whatever they can get their hands on that is cheap and sturdy. It's not too common, though.

We had some trees removed years ago by someone who used an old propane converted, bobbed GM 6x6 to drag logs out of places to be loaded up because it was cheap and could fit places a skidder couldn't. It used a fixed boom he added as a PTO winch point to lift one end of the log into a spiked plate sorta cantilever style until the far end of the log picked up, and had a bunch of weights on the front of it to keep it from lifting the front tires. Was pretty cool really, shame I didn't think to get any pictures of it back then.

There's also a drainage pipe company that I go past sometimes on the way to a racetrack that has a cool cabover 4x4 military thing they use for deliveries sometimes. I'm not great with military equipment but I think it's a Saurer 6DM... Although it was for sale last time I drove past it a few months ago.

last edited by -Morbid-

@deathcoreboy1
I just don't want to face another flood of "how dare you, you've promised mods on consoles months ago! Cashgrab!!" once again, thats all.
You might be surprised, but I am enthusiastic as well and I am looking forward to MR2 as well. I am just trying to keep myself (and some others here and there, OK) grounded with reasonable expectations...
In this point it is unlikely that there is not a very long list of features those we like to see in MR2 and I presume that most of it will not make it, but it is likely, that those which do are already decided.

And just for clarity, personally I was happier, when camera was on rooftop 😉

@sodoma understandable brother, keep us at bay

alt text

last edited by zamal

@sodoma Concerning old military vehicles in logging

Logging companies are usually big companies so they can afford nice new trucks. However, this game sounds like it'll be about the player starting a delivery business from scratch, not already in a stable company.

Military surplus vehicles in general are cheap, so they can end up in random applications. I know the aforementioned M25 transporter was often used for hauling large loads as a military surplus vehicle, and something like a US Military 5 ton truck is already a cargo truck, so it isn't a stretch at all to have something like these in the game considering this sounds like a "build up your delivery company" game. If anything, they are the most realistic option since these trucks are very cheap and very capable compared to anything that's been confirmed for the game.

If I wanted to start an off road delivery company IRL, I would want a 5 ton truck for 10-20 grand or even an 8x8 for about 40k and know I have one of the most capable trucks around instead of dropping the same on a vintage truck that'll suck off road or even more money on a shiney new-ish civilian truck. Of course a bigger company with a fleet would need vehicles easy to maintain and will drop the money on more normal trucks.

last edited by ManfredE3

And just for clarity, personally I was happier, when camera was on rooftop

I use none of them. I'm pretty happy with the legacy camera. Actually, I liked it better on ST030316 before it was tweaked. I can understand people that do not like it tho, cuz I had a hard learning curve with it myself. Once I learned how to control it, man, gotta tell you, I really love it and I feel so limited with other games like BeamNG which do not have this camera option.

Speaking of wich, I hope they keep it on MR2.

Oh @zamal :

0_1557834459901_Capture.JPG

😃

last edited by deathcoreboy1

@deathcoreboy1 said in MudRunner 2 News Recap:

I use none of them. I'm pretty happy with the legacy camera. Actually, I liked it better on ST030316 before it was tweaked. I can understand people that do not like it tho, cuz I had a hard learning curve with it myself. Once I learned how to control it, man, gotta tell you, I really love it and I feel so limited with other games like BeamNG which do not have this camera option.
Speaking of wich, I hope they keep it on MR2

yes legacy camera is one of the best mechanics in this game, when i first joined i was blown away that this many people hated camera controls, Devs adding gta type camera as option was smart move for those that cant stand legacy one XD

but for me its legacy 4evah

alt text

last edited by zamal

@zamal Can you believe that I even messaged OOVEE on FB asking to "Fix" the camera?? I was so lost back then! lol. I'm so glad they didn't do it. After that, I learned to trust a little more on devs decisions.