SnowRunner News Recap

@deathcoreboy1 hah, as you said lets hope legacy camera is option in MR2

@deathcoreboy1
To the point of camera:
I have to admit, that I like as a concept. But restrictions are not fine (by me).
On stock maps you can't see it (or rarely), but on custom maps it is quite common, especially when there is steep sloping. Camera have restriction that prevents it from diving underground, also going below some level in accordance to your vehicle (but that changes if engine is running or stalled) and you can be stucked on that sloping at the tree, but can't see it because camera is zoomed into your wheel.
I wrote "a lot" about this somewhere in here and I don't want to repeat myself (also it is OT here) but I want to say one thing: the idea of camera in this game is good, but it needs to be polished.

@sodoma Yep. I saw your posts explaining the need to see closer in front of the vehicle. I probably agree but I don't mind having the camera the way it is right now. If something I'd prefer it panning a little bit more before turning like it was in ST030316. I think there are other things which need urgent attention before camera, i.e: drawing distance.

@sodoma True! that one is pretty high on the list for me as well.

last edited by deathcoreboy1

@sodoma said in MudRunner 2 News Recap:

@deathcoreboy1 my #1 is still engine&gearbox

I wouldn't mind a 5 speed gearbox. Get rid of the 1, 1+, etc and have something like

1 3 5
[ [ [

[ [ [
2 4 R

@justinlynch3 said in MudRunner 2 News Recap:

@sodoma said in MudRunner 2 News Recap:

@deathcoreboy1 my #1 is still engine&gearbox

I wouldn't mind a 5 speed gearbox. Get rid of the 1, 1+, etc and have something like

1 3 5
[ [ [

[ [ [
2 4 R

Hmm that did not show up properly on the forum. Works better if you quote my post, it fits pretty nicely in the text box.

Ah perfect I found a pic on Google. Something like this.

alt text

@justinlynch3 Yeah! That'd be awesome. I beg for this back in the day to oovee. Now I use a G27 with manual shifter, so...

@deathcoreboy1 Manual shifter (an external one) is the way to go. Shifting with the mouse can literally be a pain in the hand (once you get a little older). D-pad is an option too but a clumsy one.

last edited by Unster

@justinlynch3 Proper truck shifter. R always up and to the left.
0_1557887296124_Screenshot_20190514-222502-1024x736.png

This 18 spd (Standard for most logging trucks along with 8LL or 13spd) could be done in a game like this.

last edited by Wiatowski

We already know what shifter is going to look like

@unster I used the mouse shifter during my st times and I enjoyed it. My only complaint always was the unrealistic layout and the 1, 1+ pattern,

I am on G25 so I am kinda skipping this issue, however, my point is, that game need proper engine emulation and that followed by gearbox.
Engine produces certain torque/RPM ratio and gearbox exchanges one for another via gear ratios.
What is in game now is an electric engine with constant torque restricted by "gearbox" to certain RPM plus minus something with some additional artificial features.
IRL you should be able to change gears just by hearing engine noise (as you are in majority of racing titles), in here I am playing rather with audiobook instead of ingame sounds, because it irritates me how engine sound makes no sense at all.

EDIT: Once again we are OT here 😃

last edited by Sodoma

@zamal said in MudRunner 2 News Recap:

We already know what shifter is going to look like

Yea they have some kind of + design on the go in Mudrunner 2. I'm just saying it would of been better to expand upon and rework what's already in the game in Mudrunner.

Mudrunner 2 dose look like really good game changer. A lot new improvements. Hope it will be as good as it says. There is just one thing i really hope for, and that's is machines with track's😁 everything else is ofcourse a big bonus😊

does everyone agree that we need photo mode like forza 4s in MR 2? even if its brought post launch.

last edited by zamal

@zamal Don't know about everyone, but I personally agree.
Or more precisely: I have no idea how photo mode looks like at "forza 4s" but I like to see some ability to zoom out or go under different angles or so with camera.
But that includes standard camera as well...

@sodoma u basically freeze time and take picture from different angles with many options like adding motion blur, filters, saturation up and down, many cool stuff