SnowRunner News Recap

When are we getting an update, a bit quiet round these here parts.

last edited by trappedunderice

@trappedunderice said in MudRunner 2 News Recap:

When are we getting an update, a bit quiet round these here parts.

No more updates in Mudrunner 1. Gotta wait for Mudrunner 2.

@justinlynch3 I think he means and update of what's going on with MR2

You never know with MR1 updates. It's unlikely there'll be another DLC, but another patch is still possible I'd say, just possible, not likely.

BTW @deathcoreboy1 I just lowered the body friction (on pavement/hard dirt) in my mod thread. Not sure if it matters to you, but I thought you may want to know. With the previous values I felt I had gone too far and I found the climbing ability on hard dirt a bit ridiculous. Now it's more reasonable. Wheel spin still seems acceptable. Mud settings are unchanged.

Back to MR2, it's still at the minimum several months away, so I'd say don't expect any news updates any time soon. I'd imagine we'll hear something in the fall (northern hemisphere) as the release gets closer.

last edited by Unster

@Unster Thanks for the heads up! I've not been playing a lot lately, but I'll definitely try it out.

Question: Will MudRunner 2 support more platforms other than PC and consoles, like macOS?
Thanks in advance.

@8x8 said in MudRunner 2 News Recap:

Question: Will MudRunner 2 support more platforms other than PC and consoles, like macOS?
Thanks in advance.

So far we know of PC, Playstation 4 and XBOX ONE.

The upcoming PS5 will at least be backwards compatible with PS4. So both Mudruuner 1 and 2 will double as PS5 games. Wouldn't expect any changes, but the console itself will probably push higher resolution and frame rates. I don't know where things stand on the side of the next gen XBOX, and not a XBOX gamer.

Other then PC and console nothing else has been said.

last edited by justinlynch3

@8x8 said in MudRunner 2 News Recap:

@justinlynch3 Ah, I see. Thanks! πŸ™‚

Welcome. It was back at the Focus event when and first and still only bit of news came out where PC,PS4 and XOX was confirmed. PS5 wasn't confirmed by Focus, but instead Sony themselves who stated PS4 BC will be a thing. And I don't follow XBOX news, considering they was doing 360 BC this gen I would assume next gen XBOX would be backwards compatible, but that's just a assumption on my part as I can't say anything for sure.

I also edited my above post to clean it up a bit.

So yea, PC and consoles is where we stand right now.

@justinlynch3 The new Xboxs going forward will all use the same format for games so there won’t be a need for BC, in other words it will be more like a computer with how their games work.

well mudrunner chooses to be quiet but we get this LUL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmKh3lZXvgM

@zamal Yup! I've been following it very close and saw the teaser yesterday. It's looking good so far. I hope the devs don't mess it up.

i quit checking for updates months ago....came back and theres still no NEW NEWS? WTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT is going on😀 😀 I RALLY HOPE THIS GAME DOESNT SUCK

@blueice yes that's what happens with these devs

I too keep checking back for some news on MR2.

hoping that something will come out of Gamescom this week...

nice, they relocated some tabs on forum means mr2 is surely close, i know this cause they did same thing with surge 2 😈

@Naruto-Kaneki said in SnowRunner News Recap:

SNOWRUNNER on EPIC?!Screenshot from 2019-08-21 15-59-55.jpg

Dude we get it, the PC version is on Epic instead of Steam. Do you really need to be going around spamming this in every Snowrunner thread? This is like the 3rd straight thread I've seen this in.

@justinlynch3 said in SnowRunner News Recap:

@Naruto-Kaneki said in SnowRunner News Recap:

SNOWRUNNER on EPIC?!Screenshot from 2019-08-21 15-59-55.jpg

Dude we get it, the PC version is on Epic instead of Steam. Do you really need to be going around spamming this in every Snowrunner thread? This is like the 3rd straight thread I've seen this in.

@justinlynch3 yeah man sorry for the spam (only 4 threads) btw, it is just that not everyone follows all threads, just creating a notification on the issue. It might not be a big deal for you, but getting people to play the whole map is not easy you need friends to enjoy. I have seen many exits server crashes, all that time wasted just like that and not all people add you . Why should i trust random people where i can trust my steam network of friends where i can convince them to buy and play and have fun . thats my points. And the mods, damn without them 6 maps takes very less time in hard core mode where is the replay ability. The mods are the asset to both this and spin tires. I would trust a well established brand as steam where they do everything good (even they have fuck ups) but where epic's strategy of restricting gamers is what pisses me the most by exclusivity. I dont care as it is available on all platforms. Forcing people to buy off a specific store is nonsense. Tell focus to release a retail copy with dedicated servers i will preorder asap.

last edited by Naruto Kaneki

Absolutely amazing!!!
BTW: Will we have weather?