Thoughts: Firewood Drops.

You know I like Old Timers, the map is fun and it's a nice change to haul wood carts with smaller scout vehicles, gives that kinda "every day country man" type of feel. Though one thing I don't get about that map. Why are we hauling the trailers to a lumber mill? I mean who delivers wood to huge lumber mills via pick-up truck? In my opinion their should of been 4 houses places around the map, then we should have had to bring a 2 point cart to each house to equal the 8 points total, so basically have the houses driveways being 4 little mini mills that take 2 points each.

The first thing I thought of seeing those tiny little little log carts was firewood not lumber, and people don't selling firewood to giant lumber yards, they sell it to people who uses wood stoves in their homes to stay warm.

So that's the only thing that's awkward to me about Old Timers. A big semi rolling into a massive lumber yard with a giant trailer loaded with wood, that makes sense to me. A pick-up rolling into a massive lumber yard with a tiny trailer load of short sticks, yea that doesn't make as much sense to me.

Maybe firewood deliveries where you have to collect these little carts in the woods and bring them to random houses around the map, maybe that could be something added to Mudrunner 2?

I’m on other maps right now but I seen some gameplay of old timers map.
I think your idea is a good way to add some second o third quests on the game.
I’m excited for MD2 and I hope they have extra space of adding something else in the game. 🙂

Thanks. Not every load need to go to a lumber mill, it'd be nice to change it up and have various drop locations around the map.

I agree! bring stuff to other place is a good way for funny experience. What do you think about a big map on MD2 instead of more different maps as we have in MD?

@masterzone that's the plan! they have already said about the map being 4x bigger than mr1. bet they'll d separate maps for Alaska, USA and Russia.

@masterzone said in Thoughts: Firewood Drops.:

I agree! bring stuff to other place is a good way for funny experience. What do you think about a big map on MD2 instead of more different maps as we have in MD?

@deathcoreboy1 said in Thoughts: Firewood Drops.:

@masterzone that's the plan! they have already said about the map being 4x bigger than mr1. bet they'll d separate maps for Alaska, USA and Russia.

I don't think it's a bad thing if handled right. Like imagine in the America map you could start in the Rocky Hills then travel to Grizzly Creek, pick up a load and travel to Mount Logmore, all on one gigantic map.

Same with Russia. You could start on Downhill, travel into The Valley, get a load and proceed up over The Ridge and head into The Bog all is one giant map.

I think IF (realize, I said if here) this is what they are planning in Mudrunner 2. I think that'd be epic, being able to travel into different types of terrain without having to be going to different maps all the time, instead just including everything in 1 giant map. That'd be a lot of fun.

I agree! i like so much this kind of map, it should be more realistic instead of single maps with different assets. I hope for new videos in short time 🙂

@masterzone said in Thoughts: Firewood Drops.:

I agree! i like so much this kind of map, it should be more realistic instead of single maps with different assets. I hope for new videos in short time 🙂

Some Mudrunner 2 previews would indeed be nice.