Restrictions for each difficulty

I see a lot of people asking for private lobbies.
For me it is a little bit unsocial. You end up playing with the very same ppl all the time and limit yourself to meet others that as much as you want to have some fun.

Besides, you can play on lan for private games, just download hamatchi...

I would prefer restrictions

You should not be able to play a campaign if you have not finished it on previous difficulty
In order to play hard mode, finish it on normal first,
in order to play very hard mode, finish it on hard first
etc...

Another possibility would be:
You can´t play very hard with a class under level 30.
You can´t play insane if you don´t have all classes at level 30.
You can´t play very hard or insane if you don´t have at least pistols and other 4 weapons with max lvl.

last edited by chidarumaBR

It's not so much about the social aspect but more the bored high lvl capped players with nothing better to do due to the lack of content, that come in and ruin games for many in pve co-op mode. I've suggested the class lvl restrictions on difficulties but I'd also like a block list as I've had the same players who rejoin games that my spouse and I try to enjoy coming in just to grief or start swarms without defenses to see us fail. We don't have a lot of play time as we both work so having to log in to WWZ and a lot of randoms ruining our much needed relaxed downtime truly is what we hate about this game atm. We have tried to communicate with these players only to be tk and them laughing at us on voice chats. At one point my spouse got fed up of playing medic because players would shoot her in the face while she heals them, kill her and take the medkit once she's dead then run ahead of the team to start the next objective. We have tried to play nice the way the devs intended the pve is meant to be but you cannot stop players who find enjoyment in griefing and wasting other players time. We're currently shelfing this game till private lobbies are implemented because at it's current state the pve co-op mode is simply not fun with strangers.

No way. I'm perfectly capable of playing on the highest difficulties without high class/weapon levels, and I'm sure many others are too.

I'd rather the matchmaking system would allow you to set a difficulty preference (not a restriction), so that new players will automatically search for the default difficulty (normal or easy) or closest, and those that want to play on higher levels can.

I see more and more people with low level joining Very Hard game difficulty. I guess they are lured by higher rewards $450 and hope to get carried.
Even if the map is lost at about 75% completion you still get like $350+.
Kinda sucks because there is a big gap between Hard and Very hard difficulty settings, and new players not knowing maps or strategy drag the team down.

Having matchmaking retains is not a good solution, but might help with this situation.

For example:
You need to complete a campaign on Hard difficulty before you could join Very Hard and Insane difficulty games. So the requirement would be the same for Very Hard and Insane

Below Very Hard you can join freely to any difficulty.

last edited by Deadlock_

@benjamin-wharton said in Restrictions for each difficulty:

No way. I'm perfectly capable of playing on the highest difficulties without high class/weapon levels, and I'm sure many others are too.

I'd rather the matchmaking system would allow you to set a difficulty preference (not a restriction), so that new players will automatically search for the default difficulty (normal or easy) or closest, and those that want to play on higher levels can.

if you are this good you will easily finish all campaigns in any level and then you will have this little filter when playing very hard and insane modes.

@lecqrew673 said in Restrictions for each difficulty:

It's not so much about the social aspect but more the bored high lvl capped players with nothing better to do due to the lack of content, that come in and ruin games for many in pve co-op mode. I've suggested the class lvl restrictions on difficulties but I'd also like a block list as I've had the same players who rejoin games that my spouse and I try to enjoy coming in just to grief or start swarms without defenses to see us fail. We don't have a lot of play time as we both work so having to log in to WWZ and a lot of randoms ruining our much needed relaxed downtime truly is what we hate about this game atm. We have tried to communicate with these players only to be tk and them laughing at us on voice chats. At one point my spouse got fed up of playing medic because players would shoot her in the face while she heals them, kill her and take the medkit once she's dead then run ahead of the team to start the next objective. We have tried to play nice the way the devs intended the pve is meant to be but you cannot stop players who find enjoyment in griefing and wasting other players time. We're currently shelfing this game till private lobbies are implemented because at it's current state the pve co-op mode is simply not fun with strangers.

I understand the frustrations of having trolls on your team, unfortunately this restrictions that I have suggested does not fix it. It is to fix another big problem: Noobs looking for the higher rewards of playing harder levels.

An idea to fix your problem would be rating players. For ex:
Match players with higher level of friendly fire rates. That is the most basic stuff in the game.
Players that know how to play and want to play right will have the lowest rate, followed by the one how want to play right but does not have the expertise yet and on the bottom you group up the one how troll the game killing teammates.

I am a little bit worries about considering other variables, for instance: like zombies killed. You can easily get hundreds of zombies just using a stationary weapon.
Death is a little bit relative, you can get you rate down because you got yourself stuck with a bad team that makes you die or at least get injured more frequently. Also, players that play on groups would have advantages on theirs status, creating a pit between them and players that play alone.
on the other hand, friendly fire is all opt to your skills to not fire your teammates. Well, sure if you got a guy that does not know how to positioning himself you may shoot him more often, but not something that would lower your status.

It's not just tk we are experiencing in co-op pve mode, it's also what you've mentioned low levels joining us on insane mode which gimps the map for the rest of the team. I understand there are high lvl profile players who join insane mode to lvl up classes they haven't yet played joining in at lvl 1 but why should the rest have to carry you? Play on the appropriate difficulty as recommended. Better yet play offline that's what I did to test out other classes, learning them before playing them with my spouse and other players.

As for the tk, devs should just remove ff as a ff system could do more harm than good especially for those who have never played shooter games, and implement unstuck function for when the game glitches out so no tk is needed when such scenarios occurs. There is PvP mode for those who love to mass murder players anyway so the ff in co-op can just be removed completely. For mission advancement, some of them should not be triggered unless all living party teammates reach the area first. So tired of selfish teammates going ahead of the team, triggering the defense setup timers. Would also be nice for those who do not use silencers on higher difficulty mode get bum rushed first by zombie hordes.

I have beaten insane with a class level 1 character

I think it's player dependent more than class dependent

@brashsmurf You did? Three bots or three higher levelled mates there to support and heal you? Bud, it sucks when you're 75% - 90% through Insane with your two mates and a level 4 (overall) keeps rejoining and ruining things. Over and over again. True story...

Solutions to all the co-op issues with griefers, rambos, racers and under-levelled noobs.

1. As said many times before, PRIVATE LOBBIES.
  2. Keep the kick vote - but make it easier and quicker to access mid game and disallow a kicked player to rejoin a game just to ruin things.
  3. Allow the lobby 'host' to set a minimum 'class level' for a game (and game in progress) to avoid under-levelled noobs joining mid-way through a Very Hard or Insane run and messing things up (which happens way too often). Or force minimum levels for each difficulty.
  4. Implement RFF (Reverse Friendly Fire), sure by all means, but only after you sort out 1, 2 and 3.
last edited by FedSki

@fedski bots. Most players on insane have no clue what they are doing.

@chidarumabr
First idea - maybe. Just play maybe tho.
Second idea - a big no no. All classes on Lv30 to play insane? - Nonsense. Asking to have weapons maxed to play insane? - Nonsense.

The first idea would at least prevent lvl 1-10 joining your insane difficulty game.
Having to do babysitting is kinda annoying.

@brashsmurf said in Restrictions for each difficulty:

@fedski bots. Most players on insane have no clue what they are doing.

That moment when a lvl100+ joins your insane game and run into the first claymore during the Israël chapter. I love it.

last edited by Arkadeivitch

'Suggested class levels' for each difficulty should become 'required class levels' in online play (perhaps with some flexibility). It's evident that someone with an overall level, of say, 60+ has played quite a bit and probably knows the ropes but that really doesn't mean/prove he/she will survive or contribute to a team's success when joining Insane with a level 5 class. They just might be so good they could rock Insane with a class at level 5, 10, 15 or 20 but I'm yet to see it. I play with two friends so often the bot gets replaced with someone looking for a carry, a rambo or a racer type. Very frustrating.

@cozeris said in Restrictions for each difficulty:

@chidarumabr
First idea - maybe. Just play maybe tho.
Second idea - a big no no. All classes on Lv30 to play insane? - Nonsense. Asking to have weapons maxed to play insane? - Nonsense.

The game is low on content, hardening to open very hard and inane helps to players keep playing.

Been able to set minimum levels for your game looks interesting.
@cozeris will be able to keep playing insane mode and I will be able to play without him on my team 🙂 ( until he gets a higher level)

Another great idea would be: if you didn´t finish the insane mode successfully you wont get any XP/gold.
Insane should be a little bit more insane.

About keep playing...
Well, I am actually stop playing until the new update.
I am tired of search for a party on very hard or inane where players are above level 40.
I don´t have much time to spend playing games, when I do I want to enjoy it, not to get frustrated because a noob is jeopardizing the game.

When the new map get released I will play it and if no solution was made for this problem I will remove the game.
I have only a ssd driver with limited space, I can´t keep a game that I don´t play.

@chidarumabr

The game is low on content, hardening to open very hard and inane helps to players keep playing.

You don't get any extra content that way, it would just annoy players and make them leave even faster.

Lv30 to be able to play on Very Hard means that Hard difficulty would be max a new player can play. And let me tell you what, Hard difficulty is easy af, the first time I turned on the game, I played all game on Hard with Lv1 classes and weapons.

Lv30 on all classes to play Insane, means that you have to play this game for 100+ hours just to "unlock" Insane??? In future, they have even harder diffuculty planned, what requirements would you come up for that? Have all PvE and PvP classes maxed out to play it? Bullshit.

I bet you don't think that probably half of the players aren't playing this game hardcore. Many of them play it just to chill for 1-2 hrs per day(on average: some days they might play 4-5 hrs, some days they don't play at all). Adding such a restriction on difficulty would mean that they'd have to play for 1-2 months on BORING AND NON-CHALLENGING difficulty to unlock a harder difficulty. Does it still sound like a good idea to you?

Another thing, what if person doesn't like a certain class? Yet he would be FORCED to level it up just to unlock a more challenging difficulty?

last edited by Cozeris

I mainly only play medic for ever.

I am just leveling other classes and not buying perks for them. Saving my credits for cosmetics

@cozeris said in Restrictions for each difficulty:

@chidarumabr

You don't get any extra content that way, it would just annoy players and make them leave even faster.

Lv30 to be able to play on Very Hard means that Hard difficulty would be max a new player can play. And let me tell you what, Hard difficulty is easy af, the first time I turned on the game, I played all game on Hard with Lv1 classes and weapons.

Lv30 on all classes to play Insane, means that you have to play this game for 100+ hours just to "unlock" Insane??? In future, they have even harder diffuculty planned, what requirements would you come up for that? Have all PvE and PvP classes maxed out to play it? Bullshit.

I bet you don't think that probably half of the players aren't playing this game hardcore. Many of them play it just to chill for 1-2 hrs per day(on average: some days they might play 4-5 hrs, some days they don't play at all). Adding such a restriction on difficulty would mean that they'd have to play for 1-2 months on BORING AND NON-CHALLENGING difficulty to unlock a harder difficulty. Does it still sound like a good idea to you?

Another thing, what if person doesn't like a certain class? Yet he would be FORCED to level it up just to unlock a more challenging difficulty?

Sure the difficulties are easier than it should be, they could make it harder on insane for sure.
I play 2h a day max, no more than it. I would be mad if I have to wait a little longer to get insane unlocked. What would be mad about is if I get to insane and see lots of noobs fucking around.

And I still standing that you should have all classes level 30th.
If you just play one class you are not able to know all pros and cons on other classes, so you should not be able to play insane mode cause you can´t measure your teammates.

Besides if someone want to play only one class, sure it has not maturity to play insane mode

For my spouse and I, we played all difficulty levels many times and ran into all sorts of players. Higher overall profile levels being the worse who love to grief or hog the medkits and equipment supplies thinking they can carry the map all on their own till a sneaky lurker puts them in their place. There was a point where we had to dumb it down to very hard because we continuously got paired up with terrible players low and high lvls that weren't team players for insane mode. Friendly fire ruins a lot of maps imo especially the grenade/c4 happy lunatics who throw them without thinking of the damage it does to teammates nearby. Difficulty lvl cap lock features will piss off some players but as it is right now without private lobbies many have already moved on from this game, shelfing it till private lobbies are introduce or simply don't want anything to do with it, which is upsetting as the game is fun when you find players who know how to cooperative play and know their class role well.

I think looking over all classes to get a gist of all class perks is key in co-op so you have an idea of the strong points your team has, ie. exterminator with defense perk and letting that player set it up for possible defense procs helps the team as a whole. Other than that the public lobbies are notorious for rambos, griefers, trolls and new players running around clueless.

@chidarumabr
The point is that Level on classes/weapons/account level DOESN'T show your actual skill. Each player is an individual with different amount of skill. Some people can play for 200 hours and still be bad/average, meanwhile others are more skilled and can beat the game on Insane after just a few attempts.

Perfect example, you can look at any game with ranked game modes. Some people play a game for 5+ years and they are still low rank, while others reach the highest rank after just a few months...

Therefore, restriction like this makes no sense at all.

last edited by Cozeris

They should have two different leveling systems. One for Offline/Solo and one for online Co-op. I am at level 40 even though I have not played one game of Co-op. I played each map on each difficulty. I do not play online as I hate pugs. I do not want to join a game just to hear 11 year olds (this is for 1-99 aged persons) cussing and screaming at you if you screw up or are not playing the way they want.

Another way to fix the online is to allow clan/guilds and/or private servers. This would also alleviate hacking/cheating. Since all files are client based and not server (correct me if I am wrong). This could also delve into clan competitions. Who can clear the maps faster using only a spoon etc...