Restrictions for each difficulty

@majordodger said in Restrictions for each difficulty:

They should have two different leveling systems. One for Offline/Solo and one for online Co-op. I am at level 40 even though I have not played one game of Co-op. I played each map on each difficulty. I do not play online as I hate pugs. I do not want to join a game just to hear 11 year olds (this is for 1-99 aged persons) cussing and screaming at you if you screw up or are not playing the way they want.

Not sure what the idea would be behind two different lvl sets for online and offline? I level'd equally both solo and co-op play with my spouse. Having to re-lvl classes just to play co-op online sounds like a pita and double the supply points needed to unlock perks. I honestly don't see the point in this idea...

Skill set. If you start at level 1 online you are level 1. Whatever you have unlocked stays the same. This way you control what level people you play with, lower levels can only play with lower levels etc... This would keep higher levels from griefing low levels and low levels from playing with higher people so they are carried through a match.

Or do away with having a level in single player and only have an online level. If I remember correctly Titanfall, SW Battlefront, and Battlefield did this when they introduced stories or single player into their games.

No idea what this means "play co-op online sounds like a pita".

@MajorDodger said in Restrictions for each difficulty:

They should have two different leveling systems. One for Offline/Solo and one for online Co-op. I am at level 40 even though I have not played one game of Co-op. I played each map on each difficulty. I do not play online as I hate pugs. I do not want to join a game just to hear 11 year olds (this is for 1-99 aged persons) cussing and screaming at you if you screw up or are not playing the way they want.

Another way to fix the online is to allow clan/guilds and/or private servers. This would also alleviate hacking/cheating. Since all files are client based and not server (correct me if I am wrong). This could also delve into clan competitions. Who can clear the maps faster using only a spoon etc...

Not gonna happen at least the first one...

I am on Level 295 , a guild system won't work because the game itself it's to unbalanched for that kind of stuff. On a PlayStation Interview and a little show of their Making Of / Introduction the Devs telled us that WWZ is a game just for fun, to hop in with a group of friends for a few rounds or just playing a few rounds of PVE missions.
Private lobbies are on the way...

@MajorDodger said in Restrictions for each difficulty:

Skill set. If you start at level 1 online you are level 1. Whatever you have unlocked stays the same. This way you control what level people you play with, lower levels can only play with lower levels etc... This would keep higher levels from griefing low levels and low levels from playing with higher people so they are carried through a match.
Or do away with having a level in single player and only have an online level. If I remember correctly Titanfall, SW Battlefront, and Battlefield did this when they introduced stories or single player into their games.

That suggestions are worse, the game is grindy enough and if you want play something than play these games and stop to change the core feature of the game, it's World War Z and not one of these other titles.
I buyed / pre-order the game back in the days just how it is and like it, sure the devs need to fix a lot of things (anti cheat, private lobbies...) but it doesn't need a new progression or prestige system.

Oh b2t, I am for restrictions...

last edited by CloudMcRip

@BrashSmurf said in Restrictions for each difficulty:

@MajorDodger you can mute players

Not reallly, you can only mute Voice Chat on PC, it is bugged though. Sigh.
Consoels might have different Voice Chat implementation.

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/38769/bug-pc-1-04-1-06-voice-chat-can-be-still-heard-even-though-set-to-0-volume-in-game-settings

last edited by Deadlock_

I like this idea. If playing but yourself, I think each difficulty should have a recommended level and then an absolutely minimum required level to play it. They also must have completed the lower level difficulty for that chapter.

If playing with a group even if that group is queuing up with other random people, either just the group party leader or ONE people in the group needs to meet that criteria.

@thatgirlslays said in Restrictions for each difficulty:

I like this idea. If playing but yourself, I think each difficulty should have a recommended level and then an absolutely minimum required level to play it. They also must have completed the lower level difficulty for that chapter.

If playing with a group even if that group is queuing up with other random people, either just the group party leader or ONE people in the group needs to meet that criteria.

If there would be any restrictions added they should be applied to all players in public sessions, including each player in a group, otherwise it doesn't make sense.
You would end up with the same problem, low level / skill players joining very hard difficulties games hoping to be carried. As a group which does not meet minimum level, you can always play in private lobbies, which will be added in next update.

last edited by Deadlock_

Nah. I level up new classes/weapons on 4 skulls (and consistently perform well in the end-game stats), so do my friends. Not interested in walls that prevent me from doing so. I can very easily clear a 4 skull with bots with little to no progression in a weapon or class, and with 2-3 friends it's even easier.

A person's level absolutely does not dictate their knowledge on the game, map, class, etc. Arbitrary restrictions only add to frustration. If I'm in a party with 2-3 friends and the game won't let me level up the very few weapons/classes I still need XP in, the only thing that keeps me playing is now gone. In fact, I prefer the higher difficulties while leveling up a class/weapon not only due to high gains but also the challenge.

Getting randoms who are maxed out results in us kicking them 90% of the time because they are braindead and shoot us, blow us up, start swarms before defenses are placed, don't use their breaching charges even on the last swarm, etc. Level in any capacity does not equate to ability. It never has, and never will.

People who are interested in pushing the boundaries will watch guides, geek out on strategy, etc., and as such even a level 1 can be much more reliable than a level 200.

Also, if you don't want to partake in private parties, don't. I don't see threads demanding that we are never allowed to play with randoms ever again, I only see threads asking for the option to restrict their lobbies. If/when that feature is available, don't use it if you don't want to. However, your lack of interest in it absolutely does not mean it shouldn't exist, and these forums serve as a great example of how many people do want it. Furthermore, your "solution" absolutely should not be taken into consideration in lieu of private parties. It doesn't resolve anything that private parties would resolve.

last edited by Tacticious

groupe died !! groupe died !! groupe died !! groupe died !! groupe died !!

he runs from everywhere

these weapons make noise

team damage

5 skulls for lvl 200 !!

screen lvl 1 en démentiel wwz.jpg

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lvl démentiel wwz.jpg

@mccoy83790
And? What is stopping you from leaving the party? If someone wants to feel pain and suffering, let them.

@mccoy83790 said in Restrictions for each difficulty:

5 skulls for lvl 200

I have lvl 175 because i don't like PvP. This means that you suggest to forbid me to play at Insane difficulty. Are you *** serious?

The problem is when you want to play, you fall on these players!
and the game is lost in advance
so I launch a lot of research to find players at the right lvl.

not to mention the low players who join you in games . . . .he runs from everywhere . . . these weapons make noise . . .team damage

I rectify 5 skulls for lvl 175 😉

unless lower lvl plays with a group of friends