MG3 250-round belt

@max80 said in MG3 250-round belt:

@whitby I knew this would come up but was hoping it wouldnt. To even attempt this route is beneath you. This started because of

@whitby said in MG3 250-round belt:

Adding that would be a good feature and pricing it high on the supply cost would balance it and be a justified expense.

Unfortunately though, since this is a good idea, I think it's very unlikely NWI will listen.

Not gonna lie, even coming from someone who was (and still is, for now) a huge fan of New World Interactive, that post by Whitby gave me a good chuckle.

I would choose to believe that NWI does listen to people who post constructively and maturely... I would like to maintain some sense of positivity here.

I want to believe that too, but sadly, the history tells a different story. The history, like @whitby said perfectly, is that NWI only seems to care about what the whiners, the Youtubers and the streamers say. After all, they make up the majority of the current playerbase, so they make up the majority of NWI's revenue.

When NWI said they were going to listen to the community more, I got pretty excited. That is, of course, until I realized that my opinion won't matter because I'm the minority.

@marksmanmax

@marksmanmax said in MG3 250-round belt:

I think @Whitby has the right idea with the negative bashing.

Then you and whitby have at it. This conversation is done for me. Have a nice day.

Negative feedback is still feedback. Just because it doesn't sound nice doesn't mean it's invalid. Frankly, I think NWI needs a wakeup call, and fast.

I dont want to sign on here and go through posts full of sarcastic BS aimed at one another and the devs.

In what way am I being sarcastic or toxic? I'm expressing my opinion, and it's currently a negative one. Not sure where the toxicity is.

@whitby said in MG3 250-round belt:

@Max80
You're preaching like I've written a piece about how everyone at NWI is ugly and fat and smells bad because I'm upset. I'm just calling a spade a spade. The gameplay is shit compared to their two previous titles and the original mod. The customer service used to be amazing now it only seems to exist if you're a Youtuber. Why be tactful? Yet, I've made great effort to explain my position and remain objective. It's not like I'm name-calling is it?

Well-spoken, sir.

The topic then switched to why I feel its not right and marksman attempted to say why taking such an immature tone is needed.

Hmm... that's interesting. I don't see any use of the word "immature" in my post, or anything similar. Unless of course, you're saying that "complaining = immature".

I then retorted why it should never be used, ever.

Too bad it currently is being used, and too bad NWI is currently taking their word over ours. This isn't a perfect world.

I am not preaching as you say I am utilising my freedom of speech and my right to an opinon on a matter; to which you have given yours.

But my opinion is just "anger and unnecessary sarcasm", right?

I believe your frustration lies in that in the end good morals always have a leg to stand on.

My frustration comes from NWI listening to casual players and not the hardcore ones. Not any of this moral bullshit.

Speaking of which. cptns I am sorry. I could have ignored it and taken it to another thread maybe I apologize and was wrong for continuing.

You should have ignored it and left it there. You're the one who decided to derail the argument by attacking @whitby's post. All he did was make a joke.

last edited by MarksmanMax

@marksmanmax I am not entertaining this topic any further in case you missed my post to the OP if you want to attempt to pick apart posts for your own personal gain proceed. I have made my point very clear if you wish to take it out of context from what it is or dont fully understand I am sorry. Have a nice day.

@marksmanmax I am not entertaining this topic any further...

So you're giving up? Nice. Glad you know when to quit.

...in case you missed my post to the OP...

Which was what?

...if you want to attempt to pick apart posts for your own personal gain proceed.

Lmao. I don't get an ego boost by picking apart your posts. I do that to show how your argument makes no sense at all.

I have made my point very clear...

Not clear enough since I still don't know what the fuck you're trying to defend here.

Have a nice day.

You said that earlier but I notice you didn't leave the discussion. Maybe you will this time. Probably not, though.

last edited by MarksmanMax

I know it's very tempting, but please stay on topic past this point.

@cptns said in MG3 250-round belt:

I know it's very tempting, but please stay on topic past this point.

Hmm, alright, fair enough lol.

@cptns said in MG3 250-round belt:

The MG3 should get a 250 round belt as an attachment. I'm constantly reloading because of how quickly it runs out of ammo. It should cost the player a lot of SP while also weighing them down. The MG42 in Day of Infamy had a large capacity, but why wasn't it added in Insurgency Sandstorm?

I mean, it sounds unbalanced, but it could work, I suppose. I at least think the MG3 should have a 100-round box by default, considering how useless the 50-round drums are. Maybe the drums would be more useful if you had more of them and you reloaded faster with them.

Day of Infamy did a pretty decent job with the LMGs. All of the 250-round LMGs were basically garbage rods until they were deployed on their bipods, which actually allowed the player to ADS and fuck shit up. If the MG3 and M240B had a similar setup where you couldn't ADS with them unless they were deployed, then the large belts would be balanced IMO.

That being said, I'll always stand by my position that the PKM is better than the MG3.

i think i've argued with @Whitby in the past, but reading through this thread i cant help but agree with almost everything he's said.