MG3 250-round belt

The MG3 should get a 250 round belt as an attachment. I'm constantly reloading because of how quickly it runs out of ammo. It should cost the player a lot of SP while also weighing them down. The MG42 in Day of Infamy had a large capacity, but why wasn't it added in Insurgency Sandstorm?

Adding that would be a good feature and pricing it high on the supply cost would balance it and be a justified expense.

Unfortunately though, since this is a good idea, I think it's very unlikely NWI will listen.

@whitby There are far better ways to construct posts to convey their importance to you rather than negatively bashing NWI. Just my suggestion. There are a 1000 other avenues of approach to take on this to generate a positive discussion. I dont find the pitch forks and torch approach to be good for the community or longevity of the game. And this game has a ways to go before its 100% done. Dont forget the workshop.

last edited by Max80

@Max80

Game's been out like a year. In that year, NWI still hasn't optimised the game properly. NWI still hasn't sorted out the ludicrous gunplay. Did you see the latest post they made? We're getting "hardcore checkpoint". We're getting to fight a swarm of bullet sponge enemies with added sponge, while we move clunkier and get lumped with a Mosin.

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/32582/gamemode-coop_operation - It could've been this. But no.

NWI has lost their way. It's not negativity, it's being realistic. There've been countless great ideas posted here by innumerable people yet none have made their way into Sandstorm.

And don't forget, they said we might not be able to fix the gunplay with the workshop, it may just be limited to reskinning things.

As for longevity:
alt text
That'll be achieved by nothing less than an about-turn and change of direction by NWI.

last edited by Whitby

@whitby - And you still havent touched on the fact that clearly much of that is because the game isnt done and we need more content as stated above. And everything you posted? Still no reason to talk the way you do, learn some manners and be constructive or keep going and one day go to far and get banned its your account dude I was just trying to help you out. But hey if you feel what you are doing is helping....please...continue.

last edited by Max80

@Max80

Click the link in my post. You'll remember it. That's constructive. That got nowhere.

This game has tonnes of content, just little of it is worthwhile. 80% of the weapons are directly inferior to another and 2/3rds of each map is fully fleshed out yet totally unused. (Hence lethality / that gamemode suggestion as this fixes both of the crippling issues and will bring people back and hook them like on Ins2014.)

This game doesn't need content, there's tonnes of content currently wasted. The developers need to wake up. What loss is it to me if they ban this account? Yet potentially, there's a small chance being not constructive might wake the devs up.

Why not give that a go? Being constructive demonstrably has not worked.

last edited by Whitby

@whitby - I believe there is a lot in this process that you are not considering and or not realizing. Or maybe you are just frustrated and not thinking clearly....either way, I will leave you to it. Think before posting Whitby, is all I am saying. Make your point and show why its a good idea. Dont sell out to behavior like some ive seen and make childish or negative scenes. To me it looks like a 3 yr old screaming on the ground kicking and flailing to get what they want.
It doesnt do anybody any good and it makes you look bad. Honestly, just trying to help.
Have a good day sir.

last edited by Max80

I see both sides here.

Honestly I'm pretty peeved too, back during the Ins 2014 and DoI days, people in the community asked for stuff and we usually got it, or at least got an explanation of why it wouldn't be done.

NWI was really good about communicating their plans, and while a lot of the updates were game-breaking, the hotfixes came shortly after and usually ended up being a net positive for the games.

Now, we have had a lot less community engagement, most of it entails people saying "we'll pass the feedback on", and even the latest update with "hardcore checkpoint" is implemented in a way that literally nobody asked for.

It's hard to stay positive and not grouse, when we're not being treated with respect, especially when we're doing our best to give actionable feedback that can improve the game.

I still think it's best to continue to suggest things and stay positive, but I can't really fault players for being frustrated, especially since the latest communications do indeed seem to imply that we're getting maps and weapon skins as the extent of mod support.

This post is deleted!

@Max80

Definitely frustrated, made these posts over a couple of days... today's a new one... looking back... nah. I still think I'm thinking clearly.

Case example: Back with Ins2014 I had an issue with a mod I was making. Contacted NWI, one of the developers actually picked through the bit of code I was having issues with, determined the error I was getting was an error in the code on their end, was fixed the following patch, never even made the changelog. I've never known any other game developer be so helpful. And it wasn't even like "game broke, plz fix", the only reason the bug was identified was because a programmer went out of his way to help a total stranger who happened to be a fan fidget with their theatre files.

Case example: When fire support was first put into DoI, there was a discussion with the developers about how to improve it. The radial menu and the way it works with the binoculars was my suggestion. I carefully thought through an idea and was ecstatic to see it got implemented exactly as I'd suggested about three weeks after talking it over with a developer.

I bought over 30 copies of DoI and Ins2014 and just handed them out to people, I'm happy to provide the receipts if anybody wants to call me out on it and say I'm talking bullshit. It wasn't just that the game was good, no matter who you spoke to, every third person had some anecdotal story unique to them about how NWI had listened to something said or in some way they'd personally witnessed gone above and beyond.

Let's snap to now.

They did an AMA on Reddit and NWI ignored all the questions and complaints about the gameplay. In particular, @Slazenger (I think it was) basically spammed the shit out of the question of why the guns don't do damage, why does the SCAR basically fire 5.56, etc. All of it was ignored.

This: https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/35108/watch-our-accolades-trailer/2
After ignoring the casualisation of the brand and shit gunplay topic, they ignored this too. Took a couple of weeks spamming all the active devs on the forums before they responded. They didn't respond by informing us of their official position or reasoning, they did so by sending me a PM so I had to transpose their answer into the thread myself. And after all that, they basically skirted around the whole false advertising thing they're absolutely still doing trying to sell this CoD-like zoomy bullet sponge game masquerading as an Insurgency sequel.

It's been like a year.

They still haven't optimised it properly.

The gunplay is shit compared to Ins2014/DoI.

The AI is Ins2014 wasn't great but it wasn't bad. The AI in DoI (2017) was brilliant. The AI in Sandstorm is worse than their 2014 title. It's like a 2008 AI.

The gamemodes are shit and make zero use of otherwise amazing maps.

Their player count has obviously TANKED and done so for these reasons among others.

The devs never come on the forum and talk about features.

The devs never come on the forum and talk about balancing.

They're still pushing their failed competitive play and pandering to youtubers.

This isn't the NWI I knew. I bought every one of my friends who couldn't afford it, a Sandstorm alpha key. I defended the mess Sandstorm was in on the forums initially, my posts are still there. I argued NWI are an amazing studio and they won't stop perfecting the game until it's perfect. I argued this because they had in the past.

It's been a year. No trace of the studio which made Ins2014 and DoI.

@jballou

We at least got an explanation of why not. You fucking nailed it.

But now, we get to sit here, tell them how to unfuck the mess they've made and they won't even tell us why they're doing dumb shit instead.

last edited by Whitby

@max80 said in MG3 250-round belt:

if you feel what you are doing is helping....please...continue.

Like I said before....^
I dont know why you feel the need to try to explain to me why said previous behavior is needed or right (you said you are thinking clearly, ok then so be it). It will never be condoned by me...ever. I believe in a different approach. So, say and do as you please. Good day sir.

last edited by Max80

@Max80

"The definition of insanity is repeating the same actions over and over again and expecting different results."

Being constructive hasn't worked.

Trying something new. Trying being "realistic".

If you want to keep replying with this internet-moral-high-ground thing feel free. We don't have to condone eachother.

0_1558381519491_sdag.png

NWI, you've fucked up. Please become a good studio again.

@cptns - absolutely! Have a nice day!

@whitby - There is no internet moral high ground....not sure what that is. I am fairly certain its not an actual term for anything real. I do however hold myself to an honest and highly moral set of standards to live by in anything I do. If this bothers you or makes you feel the need to fire back with personal attacks I am sorry you feel that way. I often praise others for it, not send personal attacks or troll. And no we dont have to condone but you dont have to judge either; but hey as you said thats me being moral right?!

last edited by Max80

Hmm, this looks like a fun post.

@max80 said in MG3 250-round belt:

There are far better ways to construct posts to convey their importance to you rather than negatively bashing NWI. Just my suggestion.

There is, for sure, but there's a lot of people getting exceedingly frustrated at NWI over the past few months, and I think it's completely understandable. I'm actually starting to jump in that boat myself at this rate. In fact, I think @Whitby has the right idea with the negative bashing.

If the history of Sandstorm has shown us anything, it's that if a lot of people complain and cry their hearts out to NWI, then they'll do whatever the hell they want. It's why armor was nerfed on September 6th, 2018, even though the hitreg was completely fucked so armor felt much stronger than it actually was. It's why Team Deathmatch was added. And it's why, after months of complaining, we're finally getting a good fucking Coop mode.

Sadly, the core issues with the game are issues that the minority of players actually care about, as evident in the survey:

0_1558412026736_Capture.PNG

My biggest issues with Sandstorm lie with the gameplay. I don't care if the game doesn't run very well; I'll still play the ever-living fuck out of it if I can at least get 60 FPS (which I typically do). However, my worries are only shared by 7% of the community, so NWI isn't very likely to care. They're gonna add more content and make the game run better, and Sandstorm will never be worthy of the Insurgency title as a result. It's a shame, too; while I can guarantee that Ambush will be added in the near future, I can already tell that it won't be anywhere near as clean as the OG Ins2014 Ambush gamemode unless NWI really steps up.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; the damage model has been completely fucked since Sept. 6th, 2018, which is eight months at this point. It's a damn shame that only a select few got to play the CTA, as that's when the game was at its peak. Although there's been more content and more optimization, the gameplay has only gone downhill.

last edited by MarksmanMax

@marksmanmax

@marksmanmax said in MG3 250-round belt:

I think @Whitby has the right idea with the negative bashing.

Then you and whitby have at it. This conversation is done for me. Have a nice day.

P.S.

@marksmanmax said in MG3 250-round belt:

If the history of Sandstorm has shown us anything, it's that if a lot of people complain and cry their hearts out to NWI, then they'll do whatever the hell they want. It's why armor was nerfed on September 6th, 2018, even though the hitreg was completely fucked so armor felt much stronger than it actually was. It's why Team Deathmatch was added. And it's why, after months of complaining, we're finally getting a good fucking Coop mode.

I would choose to believe that NWI does listen to people who post constructively and maturely. To foster a negative system of communication in a forum is inviting a toxic relationship with ones community. People have a hard enough time holding onto the idea that there is a human being on there other end once they sign on. Its human beings reading and interpreting. Dont get me wrong, I know we know....but the end product speaks for itself. There is something about the filter of having a computer between yourself and the other person that tells people its ok to go a little farther. I have seen this snowball effect time and again in game forums. I dont want to sign on here and go through posts full of sarcastic BS aimed at one another and the devs. I would like to maintain some sense of positivity here. I would like to read fun ideas, thoughts, and directions of future game modes. If you feel the need to just bleed anger and unnecessary sarcasm into a message to them send it privately. But dont think for a second that it NEEDS to be done. You can choose to get together to boycott with some maturity to send a message. I approve of that direction. It at least sends a strong mature message without the unnecessary ugliness. Maybe I am not making sense I dont know. Like I said have at it.

last edited by Max80

@MarksmanMax

Back during World War II, the RAF lost a lot of planes to German anti-aircraft fire. So they decided to armor them up. But where to put the armor? The obvious answer was to look at planes that returned from missions, count up all the bullet holes in various places, and then put extra armor in the areas that attracted the most fire.

Obvious but wrong. As Hungarian-born mathematician Abraham Wald explained at the time, if a plane makes it back safely even though it has, say, a bunch of bullet holes in its wings, it means that bullet holes in the wings aren’t very dangerous. What you really want to do is armor up the areas that, on average, don’t have any bullet holes. Why? Because planes with bullet holes in those places never made it back. That’s why you don’t see any bullet holes there on the ones that do return.

The statistics NWI has from their surveys are heavily skewed in that they come from the folks who are still playing Sandstorm. Those people who stalwartly prioritise balance and good gameplay left long ago. Pretty much the entire Sandstorm community has left. Perhaps if the survey was restricted to those who left there'd be nearly opposing results.

Even having said that, much could be criticised about the wording of that question. I voted for optimisation. I have friends who still can't play, it's the elephant in the room. "Gameplay and balance improvements" is ambiguous as fuck. Does that even mean add lethality?

@Max80

You're preaching like I've written a piece about how everyone at NWI is ugly and fat and smells bad because I'm upset. I'm just calling a spade a spade. The gameplay is shit compared to their two previous titles and the original mod. The customer service used to be amazing now it only seems to exist if you're a Youtuber. Why be tactful? Yet, I've made great effort to explain my position and remain objective. It's not like I'm name-calling is it?

last edited by Whitby

@whitby I knew this would come up but was hoping it wouldnt. To even attempt this route is beneath you. This started because of

@whitby said in MG3 250-round belt:

Adding that would be a good feature and pricing it high on the supply cost would balance it and be a justified expense.

Unfortunately though, since this is a good idea, I think it's very unlikely NWI will listen.

That I thought was unnecessary. You then attempted to white wash it and so on. The topic then switched to why I feel its not right and marksman attempted to say why taking such an immature tone is needed. I then retorted why it should never be used, ever. I am not preaching as you say I am utilising my freedom of speech and my right to an opinon on a matter; to which you have given yours. I believe your frustration lies in that in the end good morals always have a leg to stand on.

@cptns Speaking of which. cptns I am sorry. I could have ignored it and taken it to another thread maybe I apologize and was wrong for continuing. The mg3 with 250 rounds is a terrifying thought for someone who doesnt pvp. It sounds amazing for co-op though. Especially if horde mode is coming. I imagine NWI will be looking to keep us supplied just enough for that type of mode. I would post this here and in steam and see what comes up. Maybe even do a vote on steam for the types of weapons people may want for horde mode or I should say the types of upgrades we would want. This thought may not be the direction you wanted to go but it kind of inspired it for me.

last edited by Max80