Hardcore Mode feedback

@jballou Yeah, can we not get rid of 'Advisor, Breacher or Rifleman, i like those classes, their weapons and they're important in the team role. So please don't remove those options devs. And what you said here is just plain wrong "Especially on the long range maps, we don't need to have dedicated CQC guys", even on a long range map, half of the objectives involve defending which quickly turn to Close Q, CQC are 100% needed...on any map!

last edited by AncientHoplite

Agreed, a naked single mag AKM or M16 would be more viable, this enforces the player to:

1. Be conservative with shots
  2. Utilize scavenging for ammo
  3. Pick up a better gun from the ground from a dead enemy/teammate (likely outcome)

With the movement speed, I'd rather see it adjusted so:

• Overall speed while walking remains the same
  • Sprinting only works for 10-15 seconds, and then has a long cooldown to regain stamina
  • After sprinting, decrease movement speed by 25% for 5-10 seconds

I like the idea of reduced run and gun, I hate that a grenade gets thrown into a room and then my sprint is a brisk walk, getting me blown up when my avatar's lax running doesn't clear the kill zone.

I'm all for limiting the special classes to one person per (maybe with exception to the observer, in case one dies, gets cut off, etc.), but the rifleman class should be available to all. If I'm forced into a class I don't want to play because there are 7 other people in the server already, not only can I not play effectively, but it's impossible to trade roles with another person as there's no temporary holding spot/role to allow you to "unclass" yourself.

@techsimmons said in Hardcore Mode feedback:

not only can I not play effectively, but it's impossible to trade roles with another person as there's no temporary holding spot/role to allow you to "unclass" yourself.

Yeah, I'm down for this. I've talked about this before somewhere around here.

As for the mosin I'd personally be quite disappointed if they changed this. I love the challenge it provides.

If a change had to be made I'd at least like to be able choose it as an option.

With recent changes where security spawn with an m24 I notice hit reg issues or that it just likes the power of the mosin. Love the reload on both. A manual bolting option in menu would add to the challenge.

As for the rest of the HC mode well I think it's awesome but I do happen to get fragged quite often.

Keep up the good work devs